Download the app to get CBSE Sample Papers 2023-24, NCERT Solutions (Revised), Most Important Questions, Previous Year Question Bank, Mock Tests, and Detailed Notes.Install Now
CBSE class 10 Social Science Chapter 3 Political Science-Democracy and Diversity notes in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides Political Science-Democracy and Diversity class 10 Notes latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE board exams and school based annual examinations. Class 10 Social Science notes on Chapter 3 Political Science-Democracy and Diversity are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
CBSE Guide Political Science-Democracy and Diversity class 10 Notes
CBSE guide notes are the comprehensive notes which covers the latest syllabus of CBSE and NCERT. It includes all the topics given in NCERT class 10 Social Science text book. Users can download CBSE guide quick revision notes from myCBSEguide mobile app and my CBSE guide website.
10 Social Science notes Chapter 3 Political Science-Democracy and Diversity
Download CBSE class 10th revision notes for Chapter 3 Political Science-Democracy and Diversity in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for Political Science-Democracy and Diversity class 10 Notes and score high in exams. These are the Political Science-Democracy and Diversity class 10 Notes prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter in minutes. Revising notes in exam days is on of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science
Political Science CHAPTER –3
Democracy and Diversity
1. We saw how power can be distributed to accommodate linguistic and regional diversities.
2. People also identify them on the basis of their physical appearance, class, religion, gender, caste, tribes, etc.
3. In this chapter, we will study how democracy responds to socials difference, divisions, and inequalities.
4. We then turn to how democratic politics affects and is affected by these social diversities.
A Story from Mexico Olympics
1. The story depicts an important landmark in the history of the CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT IN THE UNITED STATES.
2. The two men standing with clenched fists upraised and head bowed are the US athletes, Tommie Smith and John Carlos.
3. The International Olympics Association held Carlos and Smith guilty of violating the Olympic spirit by making a political statement.
4. Their medals were taken back.
5. Back home, they were subjected to a lot of criticism even Norman had also suffered a lot, he was not included in the next Olympics.
6. But their action gained attention for the Civil Rights Movements in the US.
Differences, similarities, divisions
1. The athletes above were responding to social divisions and social inequalities.
2. Social diversity can take different forms in different societies.
Origins of social differences
1. These social differences are mostly based on an accident of birth.
2. We don’t choose to belong to our community.
3. But all kinds of social differences are not based on our birth.
4. Some of the differences are based on our choices.
5. For example, some people are atheists. They don’t believe in God or any religion.
6. Every social difference does not lead to social divisions.
7. In the instances above, Carlos and Smith were similar in one way and thus different from Norman who was white.
8. But they were also all similar in another way – they were all athletes who stood against racial discrimination.
9. We all have more than one identity and can belong to more than one social group.
10. We have different identities in different contexts.
Overlapping and cross – cutting differences
1. Social division takes place when some social differences overlap with other differences.
2. In the US because the blacks tend to be the poor, homeless and discriminated against.
3. In our country, Dalits tend to be poor and landless.
4. They often face discrimination and injustice.
5. The group that shares a common interest on one issue are likely to be in different issues.
6. Overlapping social differences create possibilities of deep social divisions and tensions.
7. Cross – cutting social differences are easier to accommodate.
Politics of social divisions
1. At first sight, it would appear that the combination of politics and social divisions is very dangerous and explosive.
2. Political parties can make social divisions into political divisions and lead to conflict, violence or even disintegration of a country.
3. This has happened in many countries.
Range of outcomes
1. Northern Ireland of the United Kingdom has been for many years the site of a violent and bitter ethnic – political conflicts.
2. Such example leads some people to conclude that politics and social divisions must not be allowed to mix.
3. But if social divisions do exist in a country, they must never be expressed in politics.
4. At the same time every expression of social divisions in politics does not lead to such disasters.
5. In a democracy, it is only natural that political parties would talk about these divisions, make different promises to different communities.
6. Social divisions affect voting in most countries.
7. In many countries, there are parties that focus only on one community.
1. Three factors are crucial in deciding the outcome of politics of social divisions.
a. First of all, outcome depends on how people perceive their identities.
b. Second, it depends on how political leaders raise the demands of any community.
c. Third, it depends on the how the government reacts to demands of different groups.
2. Thus the assertion of social diversities in a country need not be seen as a source of danger.
3. Expression of various kinds of social divisions in politics often results in their canceling one another out and thus reducing their intensity.
4. People who feel marginalised, deprived and discriminated have to fight against the injustices.
5. Sometimes social differences can take the form of unacceptable level of social inequality and injustice.
6. History shows that democracy is the best way to fight for recognition and also to accommodate diversity.
Political Science-Democracy and Diversity class 10 Notes
- CBSE Revision notes (PDF Download) Free
- CBSE Revision notes for Class 10 Social Science PDF
- CBSE Revision notes Class 10 Social Science – CBSE
- CBSE Revisions notes and Key Points Class 10 Social Science
- Summary of the NCERT books all chapters in Social Science class 10
- Short notes for CBSE class 10th Social Science
- Key notes and chapter summary of Social Science class 10
- Quick revision notes for CBSE board exams
CBSE Class-10 Revision Notes and Key Points
Political Science-Democracy and Diversity class 10 Notes. CBSE quick revision note for Class-10 Social Science, Chemistry, Maths, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
- Revision Notes for class-10 Mathematics
- Revision Notes for class-10 Science
- Revision Notes for class-10 Social Science
- Revision Notes for class-10 English Communicative
To download Political Science-Democracy and Diversity class 10 Notes, sample paper for class 10 Mathematics, Social Science, Science, English Communicative; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- History-The Rise of Nationalism in Europe class 10 Notes Social Science
- History-The Nationalist Movement in Indo China class 10 Notes Social Science
- History-Nationalism in India class 10 Notes Social Science
- History-The Making of a Global World class 10 Notes Social Science
- History-The Age of Industrialisation World class 10 Notes Social Science
- History-Work Life and Leisure class 10 Notes Social Science
- History-Print Culture and the Modern World class 10 Notes Social Science
- History-Novels Society and History class 10 Notes Social Science
- Geography-Resources and Development class 10 Notes Social Science
- Geography-Water Resources class 10 Notes Social Science
- Geography-Agriculture class 10 Notes Social Science
- Geography-Minerals and Energy Resources class 10 Notes Social Science
- Geography-Manufacturing Industries class 10 Notes Social Science
- Geography-Life Lines of National Economy class 10 Notes Social Science
- Political Science-Power sharing class 10 Notes Social Science
- Political Science-Federalism class 10 Notes Social Science
- Political Science-Democracy and Diversity class 10 Notes Social Science
- Political Science-Gender Religion and Caste class 10 Notes Social Science
- Political Science-Popular Struggles and Movements (project only) class 10 Notes Social Science
- Political Science-Political Parties class 10 Notes Social Science
- Political Science-Outcomes of Democracy class 10 Notes Social Science
- Political Science-Challenges to Democracy class 10 Notes Social Science
- Economics-The Story of Development class 10 Notes Social Science
- Economics-Sectors of the Indian Economy class 10 Notes Social Science
- Economics-Money and Credit class 10 Notes Social Science
- Economics-Globalisation class 10 Notes Social Science
- Economics-Consumer Awareness class 10 Notes Social Science
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now