CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science Political Science Understanding Our Criminal Justice Chapter 6 are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT textbooks. Class 8 Social Science chapter wise NCERT solution for Social Science part 1 part 2 and Part 3 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
NCERT Solutions for Political Science Class 8 Download as PDF
NCERT Class 8 Social Science Chapter Wise Solutions
- How When and Where
- From Trade to Territory
- Ruling the Countryside
- Tribals Dikus and the Vision of a Golden Age
- When the People Rebel
- Colonialism and the City
- Weavers Iron smelters and Factory owners
- Civilising the Native Educating the Nation
- Women Caste and Reform
- The Changing World of Visual Arts
- The Making of the National Movement 1870s 1947
- India After Independence
- The Indian Constitution
- Understanding Secularism
- Why do we Need a Parliament
- Understanding Laws
- Understanding Our Criminal Justice
- Understanding Marginalisation
- Confronting Marginalisation
- Public Facilities
- Law and Social Justice
- Land Soil Water Natural Vegetation and Wild Life Resources
- Mineral and Power Resources
- Human Resources
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science Political Science Understanding Our Criminal Justice
1. In a town called Peace Land, the supporters of the Fiesta football team learn that the supporters of the Jubilee football team in the nearby city about 40 km away have damaged the ground on which the Final between both teams is to be held the following day. A crowd of Fiesta fans armed with deadly weapons attacks the homes of the supporters of the Jubilee football team in the town. In the attack, 10 men are killed, 5 women are gravely hurt, many homes are destroyed and over 50 people injured.
Imagine that you and your classmates are now part of the criminal justice system. First divide the class into the following four groups of persons:
1.Police 2. Public Prosecutor 3. Defense lawyer 4. Judge
The column on the right provides a list of functions. Match these with the roles that are listed on the left. Have each group picked the functions that it needs to perform to bring justice to those who were affected by the violence of the Fiesta fans? In what order, will these functions be performed?
|Police||hear the witnesses|
|Public prosecutor||record the statements of witnesses|
|Defense Lawyer||cross examine the witnesses|
|Judge||take photographs of burnt homes|
|record the evidence|
|arrest the Fiesta fans|
|writes the judgment|
|argue the case for the victims|
|decide for how many years the accused will be put in jail|
|examine the witnesses in court|
|pass the judgment|
|get the assaulted women medically examined|
|conduct a fair trial|
|Meet the accused persons|
|Police||1. Record the statements of witnesses.|
2. Records the evidence.
3. Take photographs of burnt homes.
4. Arrest the Fiesta fans.
5. Get the assaulted women medically examined.
|Public Prosecutor||1. Examine the witnesses.|
2. Cross-examine the witnesses in court.
3. Argue the case for the victims.
|Defense Lawyer||1. Examine the witnesses.|
2. Meet the accused persons.
3. Cross examine the witness in court.
|Judge||1. Hear the witness.|
2. Writes the judgment.
3. Decide for how many years the accused will be put in jail.
4.pass the judgment.
5. Conduct a fair trial.
2. Now take the same situation but ask one student who is a supporter of the Fiesta Club to perform the functions listed above. Do you think the victims would get justice if only one person performed all of the functions of the criminal justice system? Why not? State two reasons why you believe that different persons need to play different roles as part of the criminal justice system?
- If the same person performs all the above functions there is no chance of a fair trial. Judgment can never be done because one person may be biased or prejudiced or against the accused or he may get confused.
- The person would be influenced by several internal and external prejudices if only one person performed all of the functions of the criminal justice system.
- He can be overpowered by anyone which may affect the process of investigation and influence the judgment.
- Thus a separation of powers is necessary within a judicial system too, since absolute power can never be fair.
Different persons need to play different roles as a part of the criminal justice system because:
- All aspects of an investigation and trial cannot be conducted by one person alone as they entail diverse kinds of work including, arrests, recording of witness statements, defense of accused and victims’ parties, the passing of a fair trial and a judicially correct judgment.
- Thus there should be different persons handling different offices in the criminal justice system to think wisely, understand the situations and pronounce the verdict in accordance with the law.
- Power may get misused if all these powers are vested in one person alone violating the rule of law based on equal and just decisions.
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science
NCERT Solutions Class 8 Social Science PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 8 Social Science includes textbook solutions from part 1 and part 2 and part 3. NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 8 Social Science have total 27 chapters. 8 Social Science NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Social Science class 8 solutions PDF and Social Science ncert class 8 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide.
CBSE app for Class 8
To download NCERT Solutions for class 8 Social Science, Computer Science, Home Science, Hindi, English, Maths Science do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.