CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Life in the temperate grasslands book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT textbooks. Class 7 Social Science chapter wise NCERT solution for Social Science part 1 part 2 and Part 3 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
NCERT solutions for Geography Download as PDF
NCERT Class 7 Social Science Chapter Wise Solutions
- Inside our earth
- Our Changing Earth
- Natural Vegetation and Wild Life
- Human environment-settlement transport and communication
- Human-environment interactions the tropical and the subtropical region
- Life in the temperate grasslands
- Life in the deserts
- Racing changes through a thousand years
- New kings and kingdoms
- The Delhi Sultans
- The Mughal Empire
- Rules and buildings
- Towns, traders and craftspersons
- Tribes, nomads and settled communities
- Devotional paths to the divine
- The making of regional cultures
- Eighteenth-century political formations
- Equality in Indian democracy
- Role of the government in health
- How the state government works
- Growing up as boys and girls
- Women change the world
- Media and advertising
- Understanding advertising
- A shirt in the market
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Life in the temperate grasslands
Q1. Answer the following questions.
- What are the Temperate Grasslands of North America called?
- What are the cattle farms in the North American Grasslands known as?
- Name the rivers that drain the Velds.
- When is the rainy season in the Velds?
- What is the major occupation of the people of the South African grasslands?
- The temperate grasslands of North America are called the Prairies.
- The cattle farms in the North American grasslands are known as Ranches.
- The rivers Orange and Limpopo drain the Velds.
- The velds receive rainfall mainly in the summer months from November to February. This is mainly because of the warm ocean currents.
- The major occupation of the people of the South African grasslands is sheep rearing. Apart from this, dairy farming and mining are the other important occupations of the people of this region.
Q2.Tick the correct answer.
(i) River Mississippi drains
(a) Canada (b) Africa (c) USA
Answers: (c) USA
(ii) Drakensberg Mountains are to the west of
(a) Prairies (b) Velds (c) Pampas
Answers: (b) Velds
(iii) Merino is a species of
(a) fish (b) elephant (c) sheep
Answers: (c) sheep
(iv) Kimberley is famous for
(a) diamonds (b) silver (c) platinum
Answers: (a) diamonds
Q3. Match the following.
|(i) Cowboys||(a) Iron and Steel|
|(ii) Gold||(b) Prairies|
|(iii) Kudu||(c) Hot wind|
|(iv) Chinook||(d) Velds|
|(v) Coal||(e) Johannesburg|
|(i) Cowboys||(b) Prairies|
|(ii) Gold||(e) Johannesburg|
|(iii) Kudu||(f) Animal|
|(iv) Chinook||(c) Hot wind|
|(v) Coal||(a) Iron and Steel|
Q4. Give reasons.
(i) The Prairies are known as the ‘Granaries of the World’.
(ii) The rise of wool industry in the Velds.
(i) The Prairies-the ‘Granaries of the world’.
- The people of this region are very hardworking. They successfully harnessed technology to utilise their rich natural resources.
- Due to the use of scientific methods of cultivation and the use of tractors, harvesters and combines have made North America a surplus food producer.
- The temperature and fertile soil of The Prairies, with high humus content, make the region suitable for surplus crop production.
- Due to the huge surplus of wheat production, the Prairies are known as the ‘Granaries of the World’.
(ii) Reasons for rising of the wool industry in Velds:
- Sheep rearing is the most important occupation in the Velds.
- Sheep are bred mainly for wool and has given rise to the wool industry in the Velds.
- Merino sheep is a popular species and their wool is very warm.
Q5. Map skills:
On an outline map of North America, mark the Rocky mountains, the Great Lakes, River Mississippi, River Saskatchewan, the cities—Chicago and Winnipeg.
NCERT solutions for Class 7 Social Science
NCERT Solutions Class 7 Social Science PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 7 Social Science includes textbook solutions from part 1 and part 2 and part 3 NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 7 Social Science have total 30 chapters. 7 Social Science NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Social Science class 7 solutions PDF and Social Science ncert class 7 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide.
CBSE app for Class 7
To download NCERT Solutions for class 7 Social Science, Computer Science, Hindi ,English, Maths Science do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.