CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Human environment interactions the tropical and the subtropical region book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT textbooks. Class 7 Social Science chapter wise NCERT solution for Social Science part 1 part 2 and Part 3 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
NCERT solutions for Geography Download as PDF
NCERT Class 7 Social Science Chapter Wise Solutions
- Inside our earth
- Our Changing Earth
- Natural Vegetation and Wild Life
- Human environment-settlement transport and communication
- Human-environment interactions the tropical and the subtropical region
- Life in the temperate grasslands
- Life in the deserts
- Racing changes through a thousand years
- New kings and kingdoms
- The Delhi Sultans
- The Mughal Empire
- Rules and buildings
- Towns, traders and craftspersons
- Tribes, nomads and settled communities
- Devotional paths to the divine
- The making of regional cultures
- Eighteenth-century political formations
- Equality in Indian democracy
- Role of the government in health
- How the state government works
- Growing up as boys and girls
- Women change the world
- Media and advertising
- Understanding advertising
- A shirt in the market
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Human environment interactions the tropical and the subtropical region
Q1. Answer the following questions.
- Name the continent in which the Amazon Basin is located.
- What are the crops grown by the people of the Amazon Basin?
- Name the birds that you are likely to find in the rainforests of the Amazon.
- What are the major cities located on the River Ganga?
- Where is the one-horned rhinoceros found?
- The Amazon basin is located in South America.
- The people of the Amazon basin mainly grow tapioca, pineapple and sweet potato. They also grow cash crops like coffee, maize and cocoa.
- Toucans, hummingbirds and birds of paradise with their brilliantly coloured plumage are commonly found in the rainforests of the Amazon.
- Allahabad, Kanpur, Varanasi, Lucknow, Patna and Kolkata are the major cities located on the River Ganga.
- The one-horned rhinoceros is found in the Brahmaputra plain.
Q2.Tick the correct answer.
(i) Toucans are a type of
(a) birds (b) animals (c) crops
(ii) Manioc is the staple food of
(a) Ganga Basin (b) Africa (c) Amazon
(iii) Kolkata is located on the river
(a) Orange (b) Hooghly (c) Bhagirathi
(iv) Deodars and firs are a type of
(a) Coniferous trees (b) Deciduous trees (c) shrubs
Ans:(a) Coniferous trees
(v) Bengal tiger is found in
(a) mountains (b) delta area (c) Amazon
Ans:(b) delta area
Q3. Match the following.
|(i) Cotton textile||(a) Assam|
|(ii) Maloca||(b) Terrace farming|
|(iii) Piranha||(c) Sericulture|
|(iv) Silkworm||(d) Slanting roof|
|(v) Kaziranga||(e) Ganga plain|
|(i) Cotton textile||(f) Varanasi|
|(ii) Maloca||(d) Slanting roof|
|(iii) Piranha||(g) Fish|
|(iv) Silkworm||(c) Sericulture|
|(v) Kaziranga||(a) Assam|
Q4. Give reasons.
(i) The rainforests are depleting.
(ii) Paddy is grown in the Ganga-Brahmaputra plains.
Answers: (i) Earlier, the green belt of rainforests covered about 12-14% of earth’s land surface. Today, the rainforests cover only about 2-6% of the earth’s land surface. Now, a large number of rainforests have been depleted because of:
- The developmental activities like- Large-scale developmental and industrial activities, Construction of roads and railway lines, Construction of houses, increase in area under agricultural land -are leading to gradual destruction of the biologically diverse rainforests.
- Clearing of land for mining
- The use of trees in industrial processes
- The need for wood for industrial processes
- Indigenous populations of rain-forests have been driven out who practiced conservation activities of forests and wildlife.
- Due to deforestation, the topsoil gets further washed away. As a result, there is no scope for the growth of trees. Hence, rainforests are depleting.
(ii) The reasons for the growth of paddy in the Ganga-Brahmaputra plains:
- The Ganga-Brahmaputra plains provide flat, fertile land with alluvial soil for the cultivation of crops.
- The amount of rainfall this region receives is also quite high, which makes it a suitable place for the growth of paddy, a crop that requires adequate water for its growth.
- Moreover, the temperature in this region is suitable for the growth of paddy.
- Cheap labour is available from the densely populated plains.
- Adequate means of transportation are there to raise and movement of paddy to the nearby markets.
- New technologies are being adopted by the farmers because they can afford it due to their sound financial position.
Q5. Map skills.
(i) Art an outline map of the Indian sub-continent, draw the rivers Ganga and Brahmaputra from the source to the mouth Also show the important tributaries of both the rivers.
(ii) On the political map of South America, draw the equator. Mark the countries through which the equator passes.
NCERT solutions for Class 7 Social Science
NCERT Solutions Class 7 Social Science PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 7 Social Science includes text book solutions from part 1 and part 2 and part 3 NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 7 Social Science have total 30 chapters. 7 Social Science NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Social Science class 7 solutions PDF and Social Science ncert class 7 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide.
CBSE app for Class 7
To download NCERT Solutions for class 7 Social Science, Computer Science, Hindi , English, Maths Science do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.