CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Geography Natural Vegetation and Wild Life book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT text books. Class 7 Social Science chapter wise NCERT solution for Social Science part 1 part 2 and Part 3 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
NCERT solutions for Geography Download as PDF
NCERT Class 7 Social Science Chapter Wise Solutions
- Inside our earth
- Our Changing Earth
- Natural Vegetation and Wild Life
- Human environment-settlement transport and communication
- Human-environment interactions the tropical and the subtropical region
- Life in the temperate grasslands
- Life in the deserts
- Racing changes through a thousand years
- New kings and kingdoms
- The Delhi Sultans
- The Mughal Empire
- Rules and buildings
- Towns, traders and craftspersons
- Tribes, nomads and settled communities
- Devotional paths to the divine
- The making of regional cultures
- Eighteenth-century political formations
- Equality in Indian democracy
- Role of the government in health
- How the state government works
- Growing up as boys and girls
- Women change the world
- Media and advertising
- Understanding advertising
- A shirt in the market
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Geography Natural Vegetation and Wild Life
Q1. Answer the following questions.
- Which are the two factors on which the growth of vegetation mostly depends?
- Which are the three broad categories of natural vegetation?
- Name the two hardwood trees commonly found in the tropical evergreen forest.
- In which part of the world tropical deciduous forest is found?
- In which climatic conditions are citrus fruits cultivated?
- Mention the use of the coniferous forest.
- In which part of the world is seasonal grassland found?
- Temperature and Moisture are the two factors on which the growth of vegetation mostly depends. It also depends on factors like slope and thickness of soil.
The three broad categories of natural vegetation are: (a) Forest: Which grow where temperature and rainfall are plentiful to support a tree depending upon these factors, dense and open forest are grown. (b) Grassland: Which grow in the region of moderate rain. (c) Thorny shrubs and scrubs: Thorny shrubs and shrubs grow in the dry region.
- Rosewood, Mahogany and Ebony are hardwood trees that are found in tropical evergreen forests.
- Tropical Deciduous forests are the monsoon forests found in the large part of India, northern Australia and in Central America.
- Climatic conditions required for cultivation of Citrus fruits:
- Orange, figs, olives and grapes are Citrus fruits.
- Hot dry summers and mild rainy winters- Such type of Climatic conditions required for cultivation of Citrus fruits
- The uses of coniferous forest are:
- The Wood of these trees are very useful for making pulp, which is useful for manufacturing paper, newsprint and cardboard
- Matchboxes and packing boxes are also made from softwood.
- Wood of these forests is also used for making decorative pieces.
- The wood of these forests is also used for making particle board and plywood
- Temperate grasslands are also known as Seasonal grasslands These are found in the mid- latitudinal zones and in the interior parts of the continents.
Q2. Tick the correct answer:
(i) Mosses and lichens are found in:
(a) Decorative vegetation (b) Tropical evergreen forest (c) Tundra vegetation
Ans: (c) Tundra vegetation.
(ii) Thorny bushes are found in:
(a) Hot and humid tropical climate (b) Hot and dry desert climate (c) Cold polar climate
Ans: (b) Hot and dry desert climate.
(iii) In the tropical evergreen forest, one of the common animals is:
(a) Monkey (b) Giraffe (c) Camel
Ans: (a) Monkey
(iv) One important variety of coniferous forest is:
(a) Rosewood (b) Pine (c) Teak
Ans: (b) Pine
(v) Steppe grassland is found in:
(a) S.Africa (b) Australia (c) Russia
Ans: (c) Russia.
Q3. Match the following:
|(ii)||Cedar||(b)||An animal of the tropical deciduous forest|
|(iii)||Olives||(c)||A polar animal|
|(iv)||Elephants||(d)||Temperate grassland in Australia|
|(v)||Campos||(e)||A citrus fruit|
|(vi)||Downs||(f)||Tropical grassland of Brazil.|
|(i)||Walrus||(c)||A polar animal.|
|(iii)||Olives||(e)||A citrus fruit.|
|(iv)||Elephants||(b)||An animal’s tropical deciduous forest.|
|(v)||Campos||(f)||Tropical grassland of Brazil|
|(vi)||Downs||(d)||Temperate grassland in Australia|
Q4. Give reasons.
(i) The animals in polar region have thick fur and thick skin.
Ans: The animals in polar region have thick fur and thick skin to protect themselves from the cold climatic conditions.
(ii) Tropical deciduous trees shed their leaves in the dry season.
Ans: Tropical deciduous trees shed their leaves in the dry season to conserve water and survive in harsh weather conditions.
(iii)The type and thickness of vegetation changes from place to place.
Ans: The type and thickness of vegetation changes from place to place, because of the variation in temperature, moisture, altitude, rainfall and thickness of soil.
Q5. For fun.
(i) Collect pictures and photographs of forests and grasslands of different parts of the world. Write one sentence below each picture.
(ii) Make a collage of rainforest, grassland and coniferous forests.
|Forests and Grasslands||Description|
|Tropical Evergreen Forests :|
|Tropical Deciduous Forests:|
|Temperate Evergreen Forests:|
|Temperate Deciduous Forests:|
In text Questions
Page No. 39
Q. Now can you tell why Salima saw changes in the natural vegetation as she climbed higher and higher? What type of vegetation did she see in the Himalayas starting with the foothills and going to the higher altitudes?
Ans: Salima saw changes in the natural vegetation as she climbed higher and higher due to change in altitude, and related climatic conditions such as temperature, precipitation, low air density. A form of soil also changes as she climbed higher and higher.
- At the foothills, Salima saw deep jungles of Sal and Teak. In the lower part of the foothills region she saw short grassy areas, bushes and deciduous trees. She also saw broad leaved forests.
- As she climbed higher, she could see coniferous trees such as Pines on the mountain slopes.
- And at higher altitudes, she found land was covered with short grass and snow. She also feel that this place was extremely cold. The growth of vegetation was very limited, only mosses, lichens and very small shrubs she found here.
NCERT solutions for Class 7 Social Science
NCERT Solutions Class 7 Social Science PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 7 Social Science includes textbook solutions from part 1 and part 2 and part 3 NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 7 Social Science have total 30 chapters. 7 Social Science NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Social Science class 7 solutions PDF and Social Science ncert class 7 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide.
CBSE app for Class 7
To download NCERT Solutions for class 7 Social Science, Computer Science, Hindi, English, Maths Science do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website