CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History new questions and ideas book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT textbooks. Class 6 Social Science chapter wise NCERT solution for Social Science part 1 part 2 and Part 3 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
NCERT solutions for History Download as PDF
NCERT Class 6 Social Science Chapter Wise Solutions
History – Our Pasts Part I
- Chapter 1 – What, Where, How and when?
- Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
- Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
- Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
- Chapter 5 – What Books and Burials Tell Us
- Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
- Chapter 7 – New Questions and Ideas
- Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who gave Up War
- Chapter 9 – Vital, Villages and Pilgrims
- Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
- Chapter 12 – Bulidings, Paintings and Books
Geography – The Earth Our Habitat Part I
- Chapter 1 – The Earth in the Solar System
- Chapter 2 – Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes
- Chapter 3 – Motions of the Earth
- Chapter 4 – Maps
- Chapter 5 – Major Landforms of the Earth
- Chapter 6 – Major Domains of the Earth
- Chapter 7 – Our Country – India
- Chapter 8 – India: Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife
- Chapter 1 – Understanding Diversity
- Chapter 2 – Diversity and Discrimination
- Chapter 3 – What is Government
- Chapter 4 – Key Elements of a Democratic Government
- Chapter 5 – Panchayati Raj
- Chapter 6 – Rural Administration
NCERT solutions for Class 6 Social Science History new questions and ideas
Question 1. Describe the ways in which the Buddha tried to spread his message to the people.
Answer. The Buddha tried to spread his message to the people in the following ways:
- He preached the teachings in Prakrit, the language of common people so that everyone could understand his message.
- He also encouraged people to think by themselves, rather than to simply accept what he said.
- He taught people to be kind and to respect the lives of others.
Question 2. Write whether True or False.
- The Buddha encouraged animal sacrifices. (False)
- Sarnath is important because it was the place where Buddha taught for the first time. (True)
- The Buddha taught that karma has no effect on our lives. (False)
- The Buddha attained enlightenment at Bodh Gaya. (True)
- Upanishadic thinkers believed that atman and braman were ultimately one. (True)
Question 3. What were the questions that Upanishadic thinkers wanted to answer?
Answer. The questions which Upanishadic thinkers wanted to answer were the following:
- They wanted to know about life after death.
- They wanted to know why sacrifices should be performed.
- They believed that there was something permanent in the universe that would last even after death.
- They described this as ‘atman’ or ‘individual soul ‘and the ‘brahman’ or the ‘universal soul’.
- They believed that ultimately both the atman and the brahman were one.
Question 4. What were the main teachings of Mahavira?
Answer. The main teaching of Mahavira are:
- He taught a simple doctrine: men and women who wished to know the truth must leave their homes.
- One must follow very strictly the rules of ahimsa, which means not hurting or killing living beings.
- According to Mahavira “All beings,” “long to live. To all things life is dear.”
- To be absolutely honest, and were specially asked not to steal.
- To observe celibacy.
Question 5. Why do you think Anagha’s mother wanted her to know the story of Buddha?
Answer. Anagha’s mother wanted her to know the story of Buddha so that she could take some lessons from the life of Buddha as he was one of the greatest teacher and preacher of ancient times. The stories would, in turn, motivate and inspire her.
Question 6. Do you think it would have been easy for slaves to join the sangha? Give reasons for your answer.
Answer. It was very difficult for slaves to join sangha as he has to take permission from his master for that. And the masters would not give permission easily, because slaves worked very hard and did not get wages.
Question 7. Make a list of at least five ideas and questions mentioned in this lesson. Choose three from the list and discuss why you think that they are important even today.
Answer. The five ideas are:
- Life is full of sufferings.
- People should be kind to each other and respect all lives.
- People should be taught in their own language.
- People should know about life after death.
- People should lead simple lives.
These ideas have great importance even today. We should give importance to kindness and ahimsa or non-violence. These ideas can change our lives and prevent the unrest in our society.
Question 8. Find out more about men and women who renounce the world today. where do they live, what kinds of clothes do they wear, what do they eat? Why do they renounce the world?
Answer. Mother Teresa was one such lady who gave up worldly pleasures and decided to serve humanity. She had become a nun at a very early age. The sufferings of the people, especially the people affected by leprosy, made her serve humanity. She started many homes, where the sick, old and infants were looked after. She wore simple clothes, a white cotton saree with a blue border and ate the same food as other. She dedicated her life for the poor and considered one of the greatest humanitarians of the 20th century.
NCERT solutions for Class 6 Social Science
NCERT Solutions Class 6 Social Science PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 6 Social Science includes textbook solutions from part 1 and part 2 and part 3 NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 6 Social Science have total 29 chapters. 6 Social Science NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Social Science class 6 solutions PDF and Social Science ncert class 6 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide.
CBSE app for Class 6
To download NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science, Computer Science, Hindi ,English, Maths Science do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.