CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
NCERT solutions for Class 6 Social Science History In the earliest cities book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT text books. Class 6 Social Science chapter wise NCERT solution for Social Science part 1 part 2 and Part 3 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
NCERT solutions for History Download as PDF
NCERT Class 6 Social Science Chapter Wise Solutions
History – Our Pasts Part I
- Chapter 1 – What, Where, How and when?
- Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
- Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
- Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
- Chapter 5 – What Books and Burials Tell Us
- Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
- Chapter 7 – New Questions and Ideas
- Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who gave Up War
- Chapter 9 – Vital, Villages and Pilgrims
- Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
- Chapter 12 – Bulidings, Paintings and Books
Geography – The Earth Our Habitat Part I
- Chapter 1 – The Earth in the Solar System
- Chapter 2 – Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes
- Chapter 3 – Motions of the Earth
- Chapter 4 – Maps
- Chapter 5 – Major Landforms of the Earth
- Chapter 6 – Major Domains of the Earth
- Chapter 7 – Our Country – India
- Chapter 8 – India: Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife
- Chapter 1 – Understanding Diversity
- Chapter 2 – Diversity and Discrimination
- Chapter 3 – What is Government
- Chapter 4 – Key Elements of a Democratic Government
- Chapter 5 – Panchayati Raj
- Chapter 6 – Rural Administration
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History In the earliest cities
Question 1. How do archaeologists know that cloth was used in the Harappan Civilisation?
Answer: i. Archaeologists have found spindle whorls from the excavation sites.
ii. Presence of large number of spindles proves the use of cotton for weaving cloth.
iii. Actual pieces of cloth were found attached to the lid of a silver vase and some copper objects.
The above-mentioned findings proves that people used cloth in the Harappan Civilization.
Question 2. Match the columns:
|Column I||Column II|
Answer: – Copper: Rajasthan
– Gold: Karnataka
– Tin: Afghanistan
– Precious stones: Gujarat, Afghanistan
Question 3. Why were metals, writing, the wheel, and the plough important for the Harappans?
- Metals: Metals were used for making various tools, utensils, jewelry and seals. Many ornaments were made of gold, silver, copper, bronze, terracotta and several types of beads.
- Writing: Writing was useful for maintaining the records related to trade and for various other purposes.the wheel and the plough were important for the Harappans in many ways.
- Wheel: The wheel was used in carts to ferry people and goods. Wheel was also used as potter’s wheel.
- Plough: Plough was used for tilling the land so that farming could be done.
Question 4. Make a list of all the terracotta toys shown in the lesson. Which do you think children would have enjoyed playing with the most?
Answer: Animal figures, model cart, marbles, dolls, whistles and plough are some of the terracotta toys mentioned in this lesson. I think, children would have liked playing with the model cart and dolls the most. Even today, most of the children enjoy playing with toy cars and barbie dolls.
Question 5. Make a list of what the Harappans ate, and put a tick mark against the things you eat today.
Answer: The people of Harappa ate various kinds of grains (rice, wheat, barley, pulses, mustard, sesame, linseed etc.), fruits (ber), fish, meat and milk. Most of these things we eat even today. Even at the present times, we eat rice, wheat, pulses, fish, meat and milk. Barley is used rarely by us.
Question 6. Do you think that the life of farmers and herders who supplied food to the Harappan cities was different from that of the farmers and herders you read about in Chapter 3? Give reasons for your answer.
Answer: In chapter 3 discussion is mainly on rural people. But in this chapter, the discussion is mainly on urban people. In both the cases; farmers and herders did the same type of work. But their group was much bigger in case of the Harappan cities. Their work could have been more organized like using wooden tools, irrigation, storage of grains, compared to what it was in the earlier societies. Farmers and herders (in previous chapter) mainly produced for their own use. But in case of the Harappan cities; the farmers and herders sold their surplus production to crafts person, scribes and rulers living in cities.
NCERT solutions for Class 6 Social Science
NCERT Solutions Class 6 Social Science PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 6 Social Science includes text book solutions from part 1 and part 2 and part 3 NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 6 Social Science have total 29 chapters. 6 Social Science NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Social Science class 6 solutions PDF and Social Science ncert class 6 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide.
CBSE app for Class 6
To download NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science, Computer Science, Hindi ,English, Maths Science do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.