CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
NCERT solutions for Class 6 Social Science Civics urban administration book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT text books. Class 6 Social Science chapter wise NCERT solution for Social Science part 1 part 2 and Part 3 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
NCERT Solutions for Civics Download as PDF
NCERT Class 6 Social Science Chapter Wise Solutions
History – Our Pasts Part I
- Chapter 1 – What, Where, How and when?
- Chapter 2 – On The Trial of the Earliest People
- Chapter 3 – From Gathering to Growing Food
- Chapter 4 – In the Earliest Cities
- Chapter 5 – What Books and Burials Tell Us
- Chapter 6 – Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
- Chapter 7 – New Questions and Ideas
- Chapter 8 – Ashoka, The Emperor Who gave Up War
- Chapter 9 – Vital, Villages and Pilgrims
- Chapter 10 – Traders, Kings and Pilgrims
- Chapter 11 – New Empires and Kingdoms
- Chapter 12 – Bulidings, Paintings and Books
Geography – The Earth Our Habitat Part I
- Chapter 1 – The Earth in the Solar System
- Chapter 2 – Globe: Latitudes and Longitudes
- Chapter 3 – Motions of the Earth
- Chapter 4 – Maps
- Chapter 5 – Major Landforms of the Earth
- Chapter 6 – Major Domains of the Earth
- Chapter 7 – Our Country – India
- Chapter 8 – India: Climate, Vegetation, and Wildlife
- Chapter 1 – Understanding Diversity
- Chapter 2 – Diversity and Discrimination
- Chapter 3 – What is Government
- Chapter 4 – Key Elements of a Democratic Government
- Chapter 5 – Panchayati Raj
- Chapter 6 – Rural Administration
NCERT solutions for Class 6 Social Science Civics Urban Administration
Question 1. Why did the children go to Yasmin Khala’s house?
Answer: While playing in the street, children broke the street light. They were upset and went to Rehana’s mother for advice. She told them that Municipal Corporation takes care for the replacement of the lights and Yasmin Khala recently retired from the Municipal Corporation so can tell better about the person for the maintenance of the street lights.
Question 2. List four ways in which the work of the Municipal Corporation affects the life of a city-dweller.
Answer: The work of the Municipal corporation affect the life of a city- dwellers in the following ways :
- It takes care of garbage collection.
- Supply of electricity and water.
- Maintenance of drainage system.
- Construction and maintenance of street lights, roads etc.
Question 3. Who is a Municipal Councillor?
Answer: A Municipal Councillor is an elected representative of the ward. He is also known as a ward councilor. They are elected for a fixed tenure of the five years but can be removed.
Question 4. What did Gangabai do and why?
Answer: Gangabai decided to go to Ward Councillor with her neighbours to inform them about the condition of the street.
She did that as there was garbage here and there all over the street and this was attracting mosquitoes, flies, dogs, and rats in the locality.
Question 5. List four ways in which the work of the Municipal Corporation affects the life of a city-dweller.
Answer: The Municipal Corporation earns the money to do its work in the following ways:
- Property tax on house, land etc
- Tax on trade and business
- Fees on water facilities, electricity facilities.
- Income and rent earned from the institutions, property like the buildings, markets etc.
Question 6. Discuss In the two photographs you see different ways of collecting and disposing of garbage.
- Which way do you think provides safety to the person disposing of garbage?
- What are the dangers of collecting garbage in the manner shown in the first photograph?
- Why do you think that proper ways of disposing of garbage are not available to those who work in municipalities?
- As shown in photo 2, it provides safety to the person disposing of garbage.
- In the first photograph, people collecting garbage might get injured or infected and may fall ill.
- This may be due to the lack of fund or careless behaviour of the officials and workers.
Question 7. Several poor people in the city work as domestic servants as well as work for the Corporation, keeping the city clean. Yet the slums in which they live are filthy. This is because these slums seldom have any water and sanitation facilities.
The reason often given by the Municipal Corporation is that the land in which the poor have set up their homes does not belong to them and that slum-dwellers do not pay taxes. However, people living in middle-class neighbourhoods pay very little in taxes compared to the amount of money the corporation spends on them in setting up parks, street lighting facilities, regular garbage collection etc. Also as you read in this chapter, the property taxes collected by the Municipality makes up only 25-30 percent of its money. Why do you think it is important that the Corporation should spend more money on slum localities? Why is it important that the Municipal Corporation provide the poor in the city with the same facilities that the rich get?
Answer: It is important that the Corporation should spend more money on slum localities because:
- The government should spend money on slum areas as they are also a part of society. If the Corporation do not provide them equal facilities then it is a discrimination on the basis of economic condition.
- The people living there contribute a lot for the society and also a major work population like domestic servants, workers and cleaners.
NCERT solutions for Class 6 Social Science
NCERT Solutions Class 6 Social Science PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 6 Social Science includes textbook solutions from part 1 and part 2 and part 3 NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 6 Social Science have total 29 chapters. 6 Social Science NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Social Science class 6 solutions PDF and Social Science ncert class 6 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide.
CBSE app for Class 6
To download NCERT Solutions for class 6 Social Science, Computer Science, Hindi, English, Maths Science do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.