Download the app to get CBSE Sample Papers 2023-24, NCERT Solutions (Revised), Most Important Questions, Previous Year Question Bank, Mock Tests, and Detailed Notes.Install Now
NCERT Solutions for class 12 English Core Flamingo The Last Lesson Class 12 English Core Class book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE board exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT text books. Class 12 English Core chapter wise NCERT solution for English Core part 1 and English Core part 2 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
Download NCERT solutions for Flamingo The Last Lesson as PDF.
NCERT Class 12 English Core Chapter wise Solutions
Flamingo – Prose
- 1: The Last Lesson (Alphonse Daudet)
- 2: Lost Spring (Anees Jung)
- 3: Deep Water (William Douglas)
- 4: The Rattrap (Selma Lagerlof)
- 5: Indigo (Louis Fischer)
- 6: Going Places (A. R. Barton)
Flamingo – Poetry
- 1: My Mother at Sixty – Six (Kamala Das)
- 2: An Elementary School Classroom in a Slum (Stephen Spender)
- 3: Keeping Quiet (Pablo Neruda)
- 4: A Thing of Beauty (John Keats)
- 5: Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers (Adrienne Rich)
Vistas – Supplementary Reader
- 1: The Third Level (Jack Finney)
- 2. The Tiger King (Kalki)
- 3. Journey to the end of the Earth (Tishani Doshi)
- 4. The Enemy Pearl (S. Buck)
- 5. Should Wizard hit Mommy (John Updike)
- 6. On the face of It (Susan Hill)
- 7. Evans Tries an O-level (Colin Dexter)
NCERT Solutions for class 12 English Core Flamingo The Last Lesson
1. Notice these expressions in the text. Infer their meanings from the context.
In great dread of:
Thumbed at the edges:
A great bustle:
Reproach ourselves with:
1. What was Franz expected to be prepared with for school that day?
2. What did Franz notice that was unusual about the school that day?
3. What had been put up on the bulletin-board?
1. What changes did the order from Berlin cause in school that day?
2. How did Franz’s feelings about M. Hamel and school change?
1. The people in this story suddenly realize how precious their language is to them. What shows you this? Why does this happen?
2. Franz thinks, “Will they make them sing in German, even the pigeons ?” What could this means?
Talking about the Text
1. “When a people are enslaved, as long as they hold fast to their language it is as if they had the key to their prison. ”
Can you think of examples in history where a conquered people had their language taken away from them or had a language imposed on them?
Answer: Some examples of the native language taken away from its people and/or imposition of the language of the conqueror are:
(a) Portuguese becoming the lingua franca of Angola.
(b) English imposed on the various Celtic peoples.
(c) Spanish imposed on the Basques and the Catalans.
(d) Turkish imposed on the Kurds.
2. What happens to a linguistic minority in a state? How do you think they can keep their language alive? For example:
Punjabis in Bangalore
Tamilians in Mumbai
Kannadigas in Delhi
Gujaratis in Kolkata
3. Is it possible to carry pride in one’s language too far? Do you know what ‘linguistic chauvinism’ means?
Working with Words
1. English is a language that contains words from many other languages. This inclusiveness is one of the reasons it is now a world language, for example:
Petite – French
Kindergarten – German
Capital – Latin
Democracy – Greek
Bazaar – Hindi
Find out the origin of the following words.
Tycoon, Tulip, Logo, Bandicoot, Barbecue, Veranda, Robot, Zero, Ski, Trek
2. Notice the underlined words in these sentences and tick the option that best explains their meanings.
(a) “What a thunderclap these words were to me!”
The words were ___________________
(i) loud and clear.
(ii) startling and unexpected.
(iii) pleasant and welcome.
(b) “When a people are enslaved, as long as they hold fast to their language it is as if they had the key to their prison. ”
It is as if they have the key to the prison as long as they _______________
(i) do not lose their language.
(ii) are attached to their language.
(iii) quickly learn the conqueror’s language.
(c) Don’t go so fast, you will get to your school in plenty of time.
You will get to your school _______________
(i) very late.
(ii) too early.
(iii) early enough.
(d) I never saw him look so tall.
M. Hamel _____________________
(a) had grown physically taller.
(b) seemed very confident.
(c) stood on the chair.
1. Read this sentence.
M. Hamel had said that he would question us on participles.
In the sentence above, the verb form “had said” in the first part is used to indicate an “earlier past. ” The whole story is narrated in the past. M. Hamel’s “saying” happened earlier than the events in this story. This form of the verb is called the past perfect.
Pick out five sentences from the story with this form of verb and say why this form has been used.
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English Core
NCERT Solutions Class 12 English Core PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 12 English Core includes text book solutions from both part 1 and part 2. NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 12 English Core have total 22 chapters. 12 English Core NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert English Core class 12 solutions PDF and English Core ncert class 12 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide
CBSE app for Class 12
To download NCERT Solutions for class 12 Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now