CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Molecular basis of inheritance Class 12 Biology book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE board exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT text books. Class 12 Biology chapter wise NCERT solution for Biology all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
Download NCERT solutions for Molecular basis of inheritance as PDF.
NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter wise Solutions
- 1 – Reproduction in Organism
- 2 – Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- 3 – Human Reproduction
- 4 – Reproductive Health
- 5 – Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- 6 – Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- 7 – Evolution
- 8 – Human Health and Disease
- 9 – Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- 10 – Microbes in Human Welfare
- 11 – Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
- 12 – Biotechnology and its Applications
- 13 – Organisms and Populations
- 14 – Ecosystem
- 15 – Biodiversity and Conservation
- 16 – Environmental Issues
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Molecular basis of inheritance
1. Group the following as nitrogenous bases and nucleosides: Adenine, Cytidine, Thymine, Guanosine, Uracil and Cytosine.
2. If a double stranded DNA has 20 per cent of cytosine, calculate the per cent of adenine in the DNA.
3. If the sequence of one strand of DNA is written as follows:
Write down the sequence of complementary strand in 5’ -> 3′ direction
4. If the sequence of the coding strand in a transcription unit is written as follows:
5′-ATGCATGCATGCATGCATGCATGCATGC-3′ Write down the sequence of mRNA.
5. Which property of DNA double helix led Watson and Crick to hypothesise semi- conservative mode of DNA replication? Explain.
6. Depending upon the chemical nature of the template (DNA or RNA) and the nature of nucleic acids synthesised from it (DNA or RNA), list the types of nucleic acid polymerases.
7. How did Hershey and Chase differentiate between DNA and protein in their experiment while proving that DNA is the genetic material?
8. Differentiate between the followings:
(a) Repetitive DNA and Satellite DNA
(b) mRNA and tRNA
(c) Template strand and Coding strand
9. List two essential roles of ribosome during translation.
10. In the medium where E. coli was growing, lactose was added, which induced the lac operon. Then, why does lac operon shut down some time after addition of lactose in the medium?
11. Explain (in one or two lines) the function of the followings:
12. Why is the Human Genome project called a mega project?
13. What is DNA fingerprinting? Mention its application.
14. Briefly describe the following:
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Biology PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 12 Biology includes text book solutions from Biology Book. NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 12 Biology have total 16 chapters. 12 Biology NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Biology class 12 solutions PDF and Biology ncert class 12 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide
CBSE app for Class 12
To download NCERT Solutions for class 12 Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.