NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Cell Cycle and Cell Division Class 11 Biology Class book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT text books. Class 11 Biology chapter wise NCERT solution for Biology for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
Download NCERT solutions for Cell Cycle and Cell Division as PDF.
NCERT Class 11 Biology Chapter wise Solutions
UNIT I: DIVERSITY IN THE LIVING WORLD
- 1 : The Living World
- 2 : Biological Classification
- 3 : Plant Kingdom
- 4 : Animal Kingdom
UNIT II: STRUCTURAL ORGANISATION IN PLANTS AND ANIMALS
- 5 : Morphology of Flowering Plants
- 6 : Anatomy of Flowering Plants
- 7 : Structural Organisation in Animals
UNIT III: CELL: STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONS
- 8 : Cell : The Unit of Life
- 9 : Biomolecules
- 10 : Cell Cycle and Cell Division
UNIT IV: PLANT PHYSIOLOGY
- 11 : Transport in Plants
- 12 : Mineral Nutrition
- 13 : Photosynthesis in Higher Plants
- 14 : Respiration in Plants
- 15 : Plant Growth and Development
UNIT V: HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY
- 16 : Digestion and Absorption
- 17 : Breathing and Exchange of Gases
- 18 : Body Fluids and Circulation
- 19 : Excretory Products and their Elimination
- 20 : Locomotion and Movement
- 21 : Neural Control and Coordination
- 22 : Chemical Coordination and Integration
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Chapter 10 Cell cycle and cell division
- 10.1 Cell Cycle
- 10.2 M Phase
- 10.3 Significance of Mitosis
- 10.4 Meiosis
- 10.5 Significance of Meiosis
NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Cell cycle and cell division
1. What is the average cell cycle span for a mammalian cell?
2. Distinguish cytokinesis from karyokinesis.
3. Describe the events taking place during interphase.
4. What is $G_0$ (quiescent phase) of cell cycle?
Ans. $G_0$ or quiescent phase is the stage wherein cells remain metabolically active, but do not proliferate unless called to do so. Such cells are used for replacing the cells lost during injury.
5. Why is mitosis called equational division?
6. Name the stage of cell cycle at which one of the following events occur:
(i) Chromosomes are moved to spindle equator
(ii) Centromere splits and chromatids separate
(iii) Pairing between homologous chromosomes takes place
(iv) Crossing over between homologous chromosomes takes place
7. Describe the following:
(a) synapsis (b) bivalent (c) chiasmata Draw a diagram to illustrate your answer.
8. How does cytokinesis in plant cells differ from that in animal cells?
9. Find examples where the four daughter cells from meiosis are equal in size and where they are found unequal in size.
10. Distinguish anaphase of mitosis from anaphase I of meiosis.
11. List the main differences between mitosis and meiosis.
12. What is the significance of meiosis?
13. Discuss with your teacher about
(i) haploid insects and lower plants where cell-division occurs, and
(ii) some haploid cells in higher plants where cell-division does not occur.
14. Can there be mitosis without DNA replication in S phase?
15. Can there be DNA replication without cell division?
16. Analyse the events during every stage of cell cycle and notice how the following two parameters change
(i) Number of chromosomes (N) per cell
(ii) Amount of DNA content (C) per cell
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology
NCERT Solutions Class 11 Biology PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 11 Biology includes text book solutions. NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 11 Biology have total 22 chapters. 11 Biology NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Biology class 11 solutions PDF and Biology ncert class 11 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide
CBSE app for Class 11
To download NCERT Solutions for class 11 Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now