NCERT solutions for Class 10 Social Science Geography Lifelines of National Economy Chapter 7 are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT textbooks. Class 10 Social Science chapter wise NCERT solution for Social Science part 1 part 2 Part 3 and Part 4 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
NCERT Solutions for Geography Class 10 Download as PDF
NCERT Class 10 Social Science Chapter-Wise Solutions
- Sector of Indian Economy
- Money and Credit
- Globalization of Indian Sector
- Consumer Rights
- Resources and Development
- Forest and Wildlife Resources
- Water Resources
- Minerals and Energy Resources
- Manufacturing Industries
- Lifelines of National Economy
- The Rise of Nationalism in Europe
- The Nationalist Movement in Indo China
- Nationalism in India
- The Making of a Global World
- The Age of Industrialisation
- Work Life and Leisure
- Print Culture and The Modern World
- Novels Society and History
- Power Sharing
- Democracy and Diversity
- Gender Religion Caste
- Popular Struggle and Movements
- Political Parties
- Outcomes of Democracy
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Social Science Geography Lifelines of National Economy
Question 1. Multiple choice questions.
(i) Which two of the following extreme locations are connected by the east-west corridor?
- Mumbai and Nagpur
- Silcher and Porbandar
- Mumbai and Kolkata
- Nagpur and Siligudi
Answer: (b) Silcher and Porbandar
Explanation: National Highway Development Project (NHDP), and consists of building 7300 kilometers of four/six lane expressways connecting Srinagar, Kanyakumari, Kochi, Porbandar and Silchar.
(ii) Which mode of transportation reduces trans-shipment losses and delays?
Answer: (c) Pipeline
Explanation: Initial cost of laying pipelines is high but subsequent running costs are minimal. It rules out trans-shipment losses and delays.
(iii) Which one of the following states is not connected with the H.V.J. pipeline?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
Answer: (b) Maharashtra
Explanation: Gas pipeline from Hazira in Gujarat connects Jagdishpur in Uttar Pradesh via Vijaipur in Madhya Pradesh.
(iv) Which one of the following ports is the deepest land-locked and well-protected port along the east coast?
Answer: (d) Vishakhapatnam
Explanation: Landlocked means enclosed in all sides by land. Vishakapatnam is naturally deep and hence, called a natural harbour.
(v) Which one of the following is the most important modes of transportation in India?
Answer: (b) Railways
Explanation: It is one of the most important, commonly used and very cost effective modes of commuting and goods carriage overlong as well as, short distances.
(vi) Which one of the following terms is used to describe trade between two or more countries?
- Internal trade
- International trade
- External trade
- Local trade
Answer: (b) International trade
Explanation: International trade is the exchange of capital, goods, and services across international borders or territories. In most countries, such trade represents a significant share of gross domestic product
Question 2. Answer the following questions in about 30 words.
(i) State any three merits of roadways.
Answer: Merits of roadways:
- The Construction cost of roads is much lower than that of railway lines.
- Roads can go through dissected and undulating land areas and through steep mountains
- They are economical as loading costs are low and door-to-door service can be availed of. Road transport is most suited for transporting delicate goods like chinaware and glassware, which are likely to be damaged in the process of loading and unloading.
(ii) Where and why is rail transport the most convenient means of transportation?
Answer: In the northern plains, rail transport is the most convenient means of transportation. This is because this region has vast level lands that are good for laying tracks, huge population and high agricultural productivity, making rail transport a profitable venture.It is used for both long distances as well as short distances.
(iii) What is the significance of the border roads?
Answer: Border roads are strategically important as they improve access to areas like the northern and north-eastern border areas which have a difficult terrain. Border roads are constructed and maintained by Border Roads Organization (BRO). The Government of India uundertakes, constructs and maintains roads in the bordering areas of the country. It improves the security because the army and arms can be mobilized easily through these roads.
(iv) What is meant by trade? What is the difference between international and local trade?
Answer: Trade is the movement of goods and services between regions for economic gain. Trade between two or more countries is termed international trade. It may take place through sea, air or land routes. Trade occurring in a region within the same country is called local trade. Local trade is carried in cities, towns and villages.
Question 3. Answer the following questions in about 120 words.
(i) Why are the means of transportation and communication called the lifelines of a nation and its economy?
Answer: The means of transportation and communication are called the lifelines of a nation and its economy due to the reasons given below:
- The means of transportation and communication help in the production and movement of goods and services.
- Transport helps in the development of communication. Various means of communication help us in interacting with others in all the parts of the world. It has brought the world closer.
- Transport like railways helps us in conducting various activities like business, sightseeing, pilgrimage and transportation of goods over longer distances.
- Pipelines are used for transporting crude oil and natural gas to refineries and factories.
- Water provides the cheapest means of transport and is useful for international trade.
- Air transport provides the fastest, most comfortable mode of transport.
Thus, it is clear that there are many advantages of transportation and communication. These means help in the development of the country. So they are called the lifelines of a nation and its economy.
(ii) Write a note on the changing nature of international trade in the last fifteen years.
Answer: The changing nature of the international trade for India, in the last fifteen years, has been impressive. Exchange of information and knowledge has surpassed the exchange of goods and commodities. Through its advanced software knowledge and excellence in the field of information technology, India has emerged as a viable contender at the international level and is earning huge amounts of foreign exchange through the same. Tourism too has added to India’s upgraded position in international trade. In 2004, there was a 23.5% increase in foreign tourist arrivals as against the number in 2003. Thus, international trade for India has undergone a cognisable change in the past fifteen years.
1. Northern terminal of the North-South corridor.
2. The name of National Highway No.2.
(ii) Grand Trunk Road
3. The headquarter of the southern railway zone.
4. The rail gauge with a track width of 1.676 m.
(iv) Broad gauge
5. The southern terminal of the National Highway No.7.
6. A Riverine Port.
(vi) Kolkata Port Trust
7. Busiest railway junction in Northern India.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Social Science
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Social Science PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 10 Social Science includes textbook solutions from part 1 and part 2 part 3 and part 4. NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 10 Social Science have total 27 chapters. 10 Social Science NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Social Science class 10 solutions PDF and Social Science ncert class 10 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide.
CBSE app for Class 10
To download NCERT Solutions for class 10 Social Science, Computer Science, Home Science,Hindi ,English, Maths Science do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now