CBSE New Sample Papers 2021
CBSE Board Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, NCERT Exemplars, Revison Notes, Free Videos, CBSE Papers, MCQ Tests & more.Download Now
NCERT Solutions class 12 Chemistry alcohol phenol and ether part 1 Class 12 Chemistry book solutions are available in PDF format for free download. These ncert book chapter wise questions and answers are very helpful for CBSE board exam. CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions in CBSE exam are asked from NCERT text books. Class 12 Chemistry chapter wise NCERT solution for Chemistry part 1 and Chemistry part 2 for all the chapters can be downloaded from our website and myCBSEguide mobile app for free.
Download NCERT solutions for alcohol phenol and ether part 1as PDF.
NCERT Class 12 Chemistry Chapter-wise Solutions
- 1 – The Solid State
- 2 – Solutions
- 3 – Electrochemistry
- 4 – Chemical Kinetics
- 5 – Surface Chemistry
- 6 – General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- 7 – The p-Block Elements
- 8 – The d-and f-Blocks Elements
- 9 – Coordination Compounds
- 10 – Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- 11 – Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- 12 – Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- 13 – Amines
- 14 – Biomolecules
- 15 – Polymers
- 16 – Chemistry in Everyday Life
CHAPTER ELEVEN ALCOHOLS, PHENOLS AND ETHERS
- 11.1 Classification
- 11.2 Nomenclature
- 11.3 Structures of Functional Groups
- 11.4 Alcohols and Phenols
- 11.5 Some Commerically Important Alcohols
- 11.6 Ethers
NCERT Solutions class 12 Chemistry alcohol phenol and ether part 1
1. Write IUPAC names of the following compounds:
2. Write structures of the compounds whose IUPAC names are as follows:
(iii) 3,5-Dimethylhexane -1, 3, 5-triol
(iv) 2,3 – Diethylphenol
(v) 1 – Ethoxypropane
3. (i) Draw the structures of all isomeric alcohols of molecular formula and give their IUPAC names.
(ii) Classify the isomers of alcohols in question 11.3 (i) as primary, secondary and tertiary alcohols.
4. Explain why propanol has higher boiling point than that of the hydrocarbon, butane?
5. Alcohols are comparatively more soluble in water than hydrocarbons of comparable molecular masses. Explain this fact.
6. What is meant by hydroboration-oxidation reaction? Illustrate it with an example.
7. Give the structures and IUPAC names of monohydric phenols of molecular formula, .
8. While separating a mixture of ortho and para nitrophenols by steam distillation, name the isomer which will be steam volatile. Give reason.
9. Give the equations of reactions for the preparation of phenol from cumene.
10. Write chemical reaction for the preparation of phenol from chlorobenzene.
11. Write the mechanism of hydration of ethene to yield ethanol.
12. You are given benzene, conc. and NaOH. Write the equations for the preparation of phenol using these reagents.
13. Show how will you synthesize:
(i) 1-phenylethanol from a suitable alkene.
(ii) cyclohexylmethanol using an alkyl halide by an SN2 reaction.
(iii) pentan-1-ol using a suitable alkyl halide?
14. Give two reactions that show the acidic nature of phenol. Compare acidity of phenol with that of ethanol.
15. Explain why is ortho nitrophenol more acidic than ortho methoxyphenol?
16. Explain how does the -OH group attached to a carbon of benzene ring activate it towards electrophilic substitution?
NCERT Solutions class 12 Chemistry
NCERT Solutions Class 12 Chemistry PDF (Download) Free from myCBSEguide app and myCBSEguide website. Ncert solution class 12 Chemistry includes text book solutions from both part 1 and part 2. NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 12 Chemistry have total 16 chapters. 12 Chemistry NCERT Solutions in PDF for free Download on our website. Ncert Chemistry class 12 solutions PDF and Chemistry ncert class 12 PDF solutions with latest modifications and as per the latest CBSE syllabus are only available in myCBSEguide
CBSE app for Students
To download NCERT Solutions for class 12 Chemistry, Physics, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.