CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
CBSE Geography Chapter 5 Natural Vegetation class 11 Notes Geography in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides Natural Vegetation class 11 Notes Geography latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE exams and school based annual examinations. Class 11 Geography notes on Chapter 5 Natural Vegetation class 11 Notes Geography are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
CBSE Guide Natural Vegetation class 11 Notes
CBSE guide notes are the comprehensive notes which covers the latest syllabus of CBSE and NCERT. It includes all the topics given in NCERT class 11 Geography text book. Users can download CBSE guide quick revision notes from myCBSEguide mobile app and my CBSE guide website.
Natural Vegetation class 11 Notes Geography
Download CBSE class 11th revision notes for Chapter 5 Natural Vegetation class 11 Notes Geography in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for Natural Vegetation class 11 Notes Geography and score high in exams. These are the Natural Vegetation class 11 Notes Geography prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter in minutes. Revising notes in exam days is on of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
Natural Vegetation class 11 Notes Geography
Natural vegetation refers to a plant community that has been left undisturbed over a long time, so as to allow its individual species to adjust themselves to climate and soil conditions as fully as possible.
Himalayan heights are marked with temperate vegetation;
the Western Ghats and the Andaman Nicobar Islands have tropical rain forests,
the deltaic regions have tropical forests and mangroves;
the desert and semi desert areas of Rajasthan are known for cacti, a wide variety of bushes and thorny vegetation.
Depending upon the variations in the climate and the soil, the vegetation of India changes from one region to another.
On the basis of certain common features such as predominant vegetation type and climatic regions, Indian forests can be divided into the following groups:
TYPES OF FORESTS
(i) Tropical Evergreen and Semi Evergreen forests
(ii) Tropical Deciduous forests
(iii) Tropical Thorn forests
(iv) Montane forests
(v) Littoral and Swamp forests.
Tropical Evergreen and Semi Evergreen Forests
1. These forests are found in the western slope of the Western Ghats, hills of the northeastern region and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
2. They are found in warm and humid areas with an annual precipitation of over 200 cm and mean
3. Tropical evergreen forests are well stratified, with layers closer to the ground and are covered with shrubs and creepers, with short structured trees followed by tall variety of trees.
4. trees reach great heights up to 60 m or above.
5. There is no definite time for trees to shed their leaves, flowering and fruition. As such these forests appear green all the year round.
6.Species found in these forests include rosewood, mahogony, aini, ebony, etc.
SEMI EVERGREEN FOREST
1. The semi evergreen forests are found in the less rainy parts of these regions.
2.Such forests have a mixture of evergreen and moist deciduous trees.
3. The under growing climbers provide an evergreen character to these forests.
4. Main species are white cedar, hollock and kail.
5. The oak forests in Garhwal and Kumaon were replaced by pine (chirs) which was needed to lay railway lines.
6. Forests were also cleared for introducing plantations of tea, rubber and coffee.
Tropical Deciduous Forests
1. These are the most widespread forests in India.
2. They are also called the monsoon forests.
3. They spread over regions which receive rainfall between 70-200 cm.
4.On the basis of the availability of water, these forests are further divided into moist and dry deciduous.
The Moist deciduous forests
1. They are mostly found in the regions which record rainfall between 100-200 cm.
2. These forests are found in the northeastern states along the foothills of Himalayas, eastern slopes of the Western Ghats and Odisha.
3. Teak, sal, shisham, hurra,mahua, amla, semul, kusum, and sandalwood etc. are the main species of these forests.
Dry deciduous forest
1. covers vast areas of the country,
2. rainfall ranges between 70 -100 cm.
3.On the wetter margins, it has a transition to the moist deciduous, while on the drier margins to thorn forests.
4. These forests are found in rainier areas of the Peninsula and the plains of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
5. park lands are found In the higher rainfall regions of the Peninsular plateau and the northern Indian plain,
6. As the dry season begins, the trees shed their leaves completely and the forest appears like a vast grassland with naked trees all around. Tendu, palas, amaltas, bel, khair, axlewood, etc. are the common trees of these forests.
In the western and southern part of Rajasthan, vegetation cover is very scanty due to low rainfall and overgrazing.
Tropical Thorn Forests
1. Tropical thorn forests occur in the areas which receive rainfall less than 50 cm.
2. These consist of a variety of grasses and shrubs.
3. It includes semi-arid areas of south west Punjab,Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
4. In these forests, plants remain leafless for most part of the year and give an expression of scrub vegetation.
5. Important species found are babool, ber, and wild date palm, khair, neem, khejri, palas, etc.
6. Tussocky grass grows upto a height of 2 m as the under growth.
1. In mountainous areas, the decrease in temperature with increasing altitude leads to a corresponding change in natural vegetation.
2. Mountain forests can be classified into two types, the northern mountain forests and the southern mountain forests.
3. The Himalayan ranges show a succession of vegetation from the tropical to the tundra, which change in with the altitude.
4. Deciduous forests are found in the foothills of the Himalayas.
5. It is succeeded by the wet temperate type of forests between an altitude of 1,000-2,000 m.
Natural Vegetation class 11 Notes
- CBSE Revision notes (PDF Download) Free
- CBSE Revision notes for Class 11 Geography PDF
- CBSE Revision notes Class 11 Geography – CBSE
- CBSE Revisions notes and Key Points Class 11 Geography
- Summary of the NCERT books all chapters in Geography class 11
- Short notes for CBSE class 11th Geography
- Key notes and chapter summary of Geography class 11
- Quick revision notes for CBSE exams
CBSE Class-11 Revision Notes and Key Points
Natural Vegetation class 11 Notes Geography. CBSE quick revision note for class-11 Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
- Revision Notes for class-11 Physics
- Revision Notes for class-11 Chemistry
- Revision Notes for class-11 Mathematics
- Revision Notes for class-11 Biology
- Revision Notes for class-11 Accountancy
- Revision Notes for class-11 Economics
- Revision Notes for class-11 Business Studies
- Revision Notes for class-11 Computer Science
- Revision Notes for class-11 Informatics Practices
- Revision Notes for class-11 Geography
To download Natural Vegetation class 11 Notes, sample paper for class 11 Chemistry, Physics, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- India – Location class 11 Notes Geography
- Structure and Physiography class 11 Notes Geography
- Drainage System class 11 Notes Geography
- Climate Vegetations and Soil class 11 Notes Geography
- Natural Vegetation class 11 Notes Geography
- Soils class 11 Notes Geography
- Geography as a Discipline class 11 Notes Geography
- Interior of the Earth class 11 Notes Geography
- Distribution of Oceans and Continent class 11 Notes Geography
- Minerals and Rocks class 11 Notes Geography
- Geomorphic Processes class 11 Notes Geography
- Landforms and their Evolution class 11 Notes Geography
- Solar Radiation, Heat Balance and Temperature class 11 Notes Geography
- Atmospheric Circulation and Weather System class 11 Notes Geography
- Water in the Atmosphere class 11 Notes Geography
- World Climate and Climate Change class 11 Notes Geography
- Water oceans class 11 Notes Geography
- Movements of Ocean Water class 11 Notes Geography
- Life on the Earth class 11 Notes Geography
- Biodiversity and Conservation class 11 Notes Geography
- Natural Hazards and Disasters class 11 Notes Geography
- The Origin and Evolution of the Earth class 11 Notes Geography
- Climate class 11 Notes Geography
Create question papers online with solution using our databank of 5,00,000+ questions and download as PDF with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now