CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
CBSE worksheets for Mensuration worksheet for class 6 in PDF for free download. Mathematics worksheets for class 6 CBSE includes worksheets on Mensuration as per NCERT syllabus. CBSE class 6 worksheets as PDF for free download Mensuration worksheets. Users can download and print the worksheets on class 6 Mathematics Mensuration for free.
Symmetry worksheet for class 6 Important Topics
Some important Facts about Mensuration worksheet for class 6
- Perimeter is the distance covered along the boundary forming a closed figure when you go round the figure once.
- Perimeter of a rectangle = 2 × (length + breadth)
- Perimeter of a square = 4 × length of its side
- perimeter of an equilateral triangle = 3 × length of a side
- Figures in which all sides and angles are equal are called regular closed figures.
- The amount of surface enclosed by a closed figure is called its area.
- To calculate the area of a figure using a squared paper, the following conventions are adopted :
- Ignore portions of the area that are less than half a square.
- If more than half a square is in a region. Count it as one square
NCERT class 6 Mathematics Solved Worksheets
- Chapter 1 – Knowing Our Numbers
- Chapter 2 – Whole Numbers
- Chapter 3 – Playing with Numbers
- Chapter 4 – Basic Geometrical Ideas
- Chapter 5 – Understanding Elementary Shapes
- Chapter 6 – Integers
- Chapter 7 – Fractions
- Chapter 8 – Decimals
- Chapter 9 – Data Handling
- Chapter 10 – Mensuration
- Chapter 11 – Algebra
- Chapter 12 – Ratio and Proportion
- Chapter 13 – Symmetry
- Chapter 14 – Practical Geometry
CBSE Worksheets for class 6 Mathematics in PDF
- CBSE Class 6 Mathematics Knowing our Numbers
- CBSE Class 6 Mathematics Whole Numbers
- CBSE Class 6 Mathematics Playing with Numbers
- CBSE Class 6 Mathematics Basic Geometrical Ideas
- CBSE Class 6 Mathematics Understanding Elementary Shapes
- CBSE Class 6 Mathematics Integers
- CBSE Class 6 Mathematics Fractions
- CBSE Class 6 Mathematics Decimals
- CBSE Class 6 Mathematics Data handling
- CBSE Class 6 Mathematics Mensuration
- CBSE Class 6 Mathematics Algebra
- CBSE Class 6 Mathematics Ratio and Proportion
- CBSE Class 6 Mathematics Symmetry
Look at the following figures. You can make them with a wire or a string. If you start from the point S in each case and move along the line segments then you again reach the point S. You have made a complete round of the shape in each case (a), (b) & (c). The distance covered is equal to the length of wire used to draw the figure. This distance is known as the perimeter of the closed figure. It is the length of the wire needed to form the figures. The idea of perimeter is widely used in our daily life.
- A farmer who wants to fence his field.
- An engineer who plans to build a compound wall on all sides of a house.
- A person preparing a track to conduct sports. All these people use the idea of ‘perimeter’..
To download Printable worksheets for class 6 Mathematics and Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create question papers online with solution using our databank of 5,00,000+ questions and download as PDF with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now