CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
CBSE Geography Chapter 1 India – Location class 11 Notes Geography in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides India – Location class 11 Notes Geography latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE exams and school based annual examinations. Class 11 Geography notes on Chapter 1 India – Location class 11 Notes Geography are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
CBSE Guide India – Location class 11 Notes
CBSE guide notes are the comprehensive notes which covers the latest syllabus of CBSE and NCERT. It includes all the topics given in NCERT class 11 Geography text book. Users can download CBSE guide quick revision notes from myCBSEguide mobile app and my CBSE guide website.
India – Location class 11 Notes Geography
Download CBSE class 11th revision notes for Chapter 1 India – Location class 11 Notes Geography in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for India – Location class 11 Notes Geography and score high in exams. These are the India – Location class 11 Notes Geography prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter in minutes. Revising notes in exam days is on of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
UNIT – 1
India – Location class 11 Notes Geography
This unit deals with
• Location – space relations and India’s place in the world
Facts of India
|Territorial Sea||12 nm (nautical miles)|
|Contiguous Zone||24 nm|
|Exclusive economic Zone||200 nm|
|Continental Shelf||200 nm or to the edge of the continental margin|
|Largest Lake||Lake Chilka|
|Highest Point||Mt. K2 (8611 m)|
|Highest Point of Himalaya||Kanchan Junga (8,598m)|
|Lowest Point||Kuttanad (-2.2 m)|
|Northernmost Point||Siachen Glacier near Karakoram|
|Southernmost Point||Indira Point, Great Nicobar, Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|Southernmost Point of India (Mainland)||Cape Comorin (Kanya Kumari)|
|Westernmost Point||West of Ghuar Mota, Gujarat|
|Easternmost Point||Kibithu, Arunachal Pradesh|
|Highest Altitude||Kanchenjunga, Sikkim|
|Lowest Altitude||Kuttanad (Kerala)|
Mark the southernmost and northern most latitudes and the easternmost and westernmost longitudes. The mainland of India, extends from Kashmir in the north to Kanyakumari in the south and Arunachal Pradesh in the east to Gujarat in the west. India‘s territorial limit further extends towards the sea up to 12 nautical miles (about 21.9 km) from the coast. Our southern boundary extends up to 6°45′ N latitude in the Bay of Bengal. Let us work out implications of having such a vast longitudinal and latitudinal extent The latitudinal and longitudinal extent of India are roughly about 30 degrees, whereas the actual distance measured from north to south extremity is 3,214 km, and that from east to west is only 2,933 km. What is the reason for this difference? This difference is based on the fact that the distance between two longitudes decreases towards the poles whereas the distance between two latitudes remains the same everywhere.
Find out the distance between two latitudes?
From the values of latitude, it is understood that the southern part of the country lies within the tropics and the northern part lies in the sub-tropical zone or the warm temperate zone. This location is responsible for large variations in land forms, climate, soil types and natural vegetation in the country. Now, let us observe the longitudinal extent and its implications on the Indian people. From the values of longitude, it is quite discernible that there is a variation of nearly 30 degrees, which causes a time difference of nearly two hours between the easternmost and the westernmost parts of our country. You are familiar with the concept of Indian Standard Time (IST). What is the use of the standard meridian? While the sun rises in the northeastern states about two hours earlier as compared to Jaisalmer, the watches in Dibrugarh, Imphal in the east and Jaisalmer, Bhopal or Chennai in the other parts of India show the same time.
Why does this happen?
There is a general understanding among the countries of the world to select the standard meridian in multiples of 7°30′ of longitude. That is why 82°30′ E has been selected as the ‘standard meridian’ of India. Indian Standard Time is ahead of Greenwich Mean Time by 5 hours and 30 minutes.
There are some countries where there are more than one standard meridian due to their vast east- to-west extent. For example, the USA has seven time zones.
Name a few places in India through which the standard meridian passes.
India with its area of 3.28 million sq. km accounts for 2.4 per cent of the world’s land surface area and stands as the seventh largest country in the world. Find out the names of the countries which are larger than India.
Total area of India is 32, lakh sq. km 7th largest country with 2.4 % of total land area of the world Indian subcontinent.
It includes the countries Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and India.
Coastline length is 7516.5 km land frontier area is 15200 km.
INDIA AND ITS NEIGHBORS
7. Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is separated from India by the Gulf of Mannar and Palk Strait
India – Location class 11 Notes
- CBSE Revision notes (PDF Download) Free
- CBSE Revision notes for Class 11 Geography PDF
- CBSE Revision notes Class 11 Geography – CBSE
- CBSE Revisions notes and Key Points Class 11 Geography
- Summary of the NCERT books all chapters in Geography class 11
- Short notes for CBSE class 11th Geography
- Key notes and chapter summary of Geography class 11
- Quick revision notes for CBSE exams
CBSE Class-11 Revision Notes and Key Points
India – Location class 11 Notes Geography. CBSE quick revision note for class-11 Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
- Revision Notes for class-11 Physics
- Revision Notes for class-11 Chemistry
- Revision Notes for class-11 Mathematics
- Revision Notes for class-11 Biology
- Revision Notes for class-11 Accountancy
- Revision Notes for class-11 Economics
- Revision Notes for class-11 Business Studies
- Revision Notes for class-11 Computer Science
- Revision Notes for class-11 Informatics Practices
- Revision Notes for class-11 Geography
To download India – Location class 11 Notes, sample paper for class 11 Chemistry, Physics, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- India – Location class 11 Notes Geography
- Structure and Physiography class 11 Notes Geography
- Drainage System class 11 Notes Geography
- Climate Vegetations and Soil class 11 Notes Geography
- Natural Vegetation class 11 Notes Geography
- Soils class 11 Notes Geography
- Geography as a Discipline class 11 Notes Geography
- Interior of the Earth class 11 Notes Geography
- Distribution of Oceans and Continent class 11 Notes Geography
- Minerals and Rocks class 11 Notes Geography
- Geomorphic Processes class 11 Notes Geography
- Landforms and their Evolution class 11 Notes Geography
- Solar Radiation, Heat Balance and Temperature class 11 Notes Geography
- Atmospheric Circulation and Weather System class 11 Notes Geography
- Water in the Atmosphere class 11 Notes Geography
- World Climate and Climate Change class 11 Notes Geography
- Water oceans class 11 Notes Geography
- Movements of Ocean Water class 11 Notes Geography
- Life on the Earth class 11 Notes Geography
- Biodiversity and Conservation class 11 Notes Geography
- Natural Hazards and Disasters class 11 Notes Geography
- The Origin and Evolution of the Earth class 11 Notes Geography
- Climate class 11 Notes Geography
Create question papers online with solution using our databank of 5,00,000+ questions and download as PDF with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now