Complete Guide for CBSE Students
NCERT Solutions, NCERT Exemplars, Revison Notes, Free Videos, CBSE Papers, MCQ Tests & more.Download Now
CBSE Chemistry Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons class 11 Notes Chemistry in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides Hydrocarbons class 11 Notes Chemistry latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE exams and school based annual examinations. Class 11 Chemistry notes on Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons class 11 Notes Chemistry are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
CBSE Guide Hydrocarbons class 11 Notes
CBSE guide notes are the comprehensive notes which covers the latest syllabus of CBSE and NCERT. It includes all the topics given in NCERT class 11 Chemistry text book. Users can download CBSE guide quick revision notes from myCBSEguide mobile app and my CBSE guide website.
Hydrocarbons class 11 Notes Chemistry
Download CBSE class 11th revision notes for Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons class 11 Notes Chemistry in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for Hydrocarbons class 11 Notes Chemistry and score high in exams. These are the Hydrocarbons class 11 Notes Chemistry prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter in minutes. Revising notes in exam days is on of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
Revision Notes for Class 11 Chemistry Download as PDF
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Quick Revision Notes Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons
- Aromatic Hydrocarbon
- Carcinogenicity and Toxicity
Hydrocarbons are the compounds of carbon and hydrogen only. Hydrocarbons are mainly obtained from coal and petroleum, which are the major sources of energy.
Petrochemicals are the prominent starting materials used for the manufacture of a large number of commercially important products. LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) and CNG (compressed natural gas), the main sources of energy for domestic fuels and the automobile industry, are obtained from petroleum. Hydrocarbons are classified as open chain saturated (alkanes) and unsaturated (alkenes and alkynes), cyclic (alicyclic) and aromatic, according to their structure.
- The important reactions of alkanes are free radical substitution, combustion, oxidation and aromatization.
- Alkanes show conformational isomerism due to free rotation along the C–C sigma bonds. Out of staggered and the eclipsed conformations of ethane, staggered conformation is more stable as hydrogen atoms are farthest apart.
Alkenes and alkynes
- Alkynes undergo addition reactions, which are mainly electrophilic additions.
- Alkenes exhibit geometrical(cis-trans) isomerism due to restricted rotation around the carbon–carbon double bond.
Aromatic hydrocarbons, despite having unsaturation, undergo mainly electrophilic substitution reactions. These undergo addition reactions only under special conditions.
Benzene and benzenoid compounds show aromatic character. Aromaticity, the property of being aromatic is possessed by compounds having specific electronic structure characterised by Hückel (4n+2)π electron rule. The nature of groups or substituents attached to benzene ring is responsible for activation or deactivation of the benzene ring towards further electrophilic substitution and also for orientation of the incoming group. Some of the polynuclear hydrocarbons having fused benzene ring system have carcinogenic property.
Hydrocarbons class 11 Notes
- CBSE Revision notes (PDF Download) Free
- Revision notes for Class 11 Chemistry PDF
- CBSE Revision notes Class 11 Chemistry – CBSE
- CBSE Revisions notes and Key Points Class 11 Chemistry
- Summary of the NCERT books all chapters in Chemistry class 11
- Short notes for CBSE class 11th Chemistry
- Key notes and chapter summary of Chemistry class 11
- Quick revision notes for CBSE exams
CBSE Class 11 Revision Notes and Key Points
Hydrocarbons class 11 Notes Chemistry. CBSE quick revision note for class-11 Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
- Informatics Practices
To download Hydrocarbons class 11 Notes, sample paper for class 11 Chemistry, Physics, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry class 11 Notes Chemistry
- Structure of Atom class 11 Notes Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties class 11 Notes Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure class 11 Notes Chemistry
- States of Matter class 11 Notes Chemistry
- Thermodynamics class 11 Notes Chemistry
- Equilibrium class 11 Notes Chemistry
- Redox Reactions class 11 Notes Chemistry
- The s-Block Elements class 11 Notes Chemistry
- The p-Block Elements class 11 Notes Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques class 11 Notes Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry class 11 Notes Chemistry
Create Papers with your Name & LogoTry it Now (Free)