CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
CBSE class 9 Social Science Chapter 1 Geography-India Size and Location notes in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides Geography-India Size and Location class 9 Notes latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE exams and school based annual examinations. Class 9 Social Science notes on Chapter 1 Geography-India Size and Location are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
CBSE Guide Geography-India Size and Location class 9 Notes
CBSE guide notes are the comprehensive notes which covers the latest syllabus of CBSE and NCERT. It includes all the topics given in NCERT class 9 Social Science text book. Users can download CBSE guide quick revision notes from myCBSEguide mobile app and my CBSE guide website.
9 Social Science notes Chapter 1 Geography-India Size and Location
Download CBSE class 9th revision notes for Chapter 1 Geography-India Size and Location in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for Geography-India Size and Location class 9 Notes and score high in exams. These are the Geography-India Size and Location class 9 Notes prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter in minutes. Revising notes in exam days is on of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
CBSE Class 09 Social Science
Chapter – 1
Geography – INDIA — SIZE AND LOCATION
India is an ancient civilisation but now it is a developing nation. It has shown remarkable progress in various fields.
- India lies entirely in the Northern Hemisphere.
- India’s mainland extends between latitudes, and longitudes.
- The Tropic of Cancer divides India into two almost equal parts.
- The island groups of Lakshadweep and Andman & Nicobar are also part of India.
- Covering an area of 3.28 million square kilometres, India’s total area is 2.4% of the total geographical area of the world.
- India is the world’s seventh largest country with a land boundary of about 15,200 km, with total length of the coastline being 7,516.6 km.
- India’s east-west extent appears to be smaller than the north-south extent.
- India’s latitudinal and longitudinal extent is about 30 degrees.
- India’s standard time is based on 82.30 degrees E meridian, which passes near Mirzapur in UP.
- Latitudinal extent influences duration of the day and night.
India and the World
- The Indian landmass is centrally located between West and East Asia.
- The trans Indian ocean routes connect countries in the west and counties in the east.
- India’s protruding Deccan Peninsula helped India to establish close contacts with West Asia, Africa and Europe, South-east and East Asia.
- India’s contacts with the world via land routes are much more than her maritime contacts.
- India is the only nation which has a ocean named after it.
- India has contributed a lot to the world in forms of ideas, philosophies (Upanishads, Ramayana, Panchtantra) and mathematics (Indian numerals and decimal system).
- In exchange, India’s architecture was influenced by Greek sculpture and architectural styles from West Asia.
- India has an important position in South Asia and has 29 States and 7 Union Territories.
- India shares its boundaries with Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar and Bhutan.
- The southern neighbours across the sea consist of the two island countries, namely Maldives and Sri Lanka.
- Shri Lanka is separated from India by Pak Strait, a narrow strip of sea.
- India always have and had strong geographical and historical links with her neighbours.
- India stands apart from the rest of Asia.
Geography-India Size and Location class 9 Notes
- CBSE Revision notes (PDF Download) Free
- CBSE Revision notes for Class 9 Social Science PDF
- CBSE Revision notes Class 9 Social Science – CBSE
- CBSE Revisions notes and Key Points Class 9 Social Science
- Summary of the NCERT books all chapters in Social Science class 9
- Short notes for CBSE class 9th Social Science
- Key notes and chapter summary of Social Science class 9
- Quick revision notes for CBSE exams
CBSE Class-9 Revision Notes and Key Points
Geography-India Size and Location class 9 Notes. CBSE quick revision note for Class-9 Social Science, Chemistry, Maths, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
- Revision Notes for class-09 Mathematics
- Revision Notes for class-09 Science
- Revision Notes for class-09 Social Science
- Revision Notes for class-09 English Communicative
To download Geography-India Size and Location class 9 Notes, sample paper for class 9 Mathematics, Social Science, Science, English Communicative; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- History-The French Revolution class 9 Notes Social Science
- History-Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution class 9 Notes Social Science
- History-Nazism and the Rise of Hitler class 9 Notes Social Science
- History-Forest Society and Colonialism class 9 Notes Social Science
- History-Pastoralists in the Modern World class 9 Notes Social Science
- History-Peasants and Farmers class 9 Notes Social Science
- Geography-India Size and Location class 9 Notes Social Science
- Physical Features of India class 9 Notes Geography
- Drainage class 9 Notes Geography
- Climate class 9 Notes Geography
- Natural Vegetation and Wild Life class 9 Notes Geography
- Population class 9 Notes Geography
- History and Sport The Story of Cricket World class 9 Notes History
- Clothing A Social History class 9 Notes History
- People as Resource class 9 Notes Economics
- The Story of Village Palampur class 9 Notes Economics
- Poverty as a Challenge class 9 Notes Economics
- Democracy in the Contemporary World class 9 Notes Political Science
- What is Democracy Why Democracy class 9 Notes Political Science
- Constitutional Design class 9 Notes Political Science
- Electoral Politics class 9 Notes Political Science
- Working of Institutions class 9 Notes Political Science
- Democratic Rights class 9 Notes Political Science
- Food Security in India class 9 Notes Economics