Download the app to get CBSE Sample Papers 2023-24, NCERT Solutions (Revised), Most Important Questions, Previous Year Question Bank, Mock Tests, and Detailed Notes.Install Now
History How, When and Where class 8 Notes History in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides How, When and Where class 8 Notes History latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE exams and school-based annual examinations. Class 8 History notes on chapter 1 How, When and Where History are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
CBSE Guide How, When and Where class 8 Notes History
CBSE guide notes are the comprehensive notes which covers the latest syllabus of CBSE and NCERT. It includes all the topics given in NCERT class 8 History textbook. Users can download CBSE guide quick revision notes from myCBSEguide mobile app and my CBSE guide website.
8 History notes Chapter 1 How, When and Where
Download CBSE class 8th revision notes for chapter 1 How, When and Where in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for How, When and Where class 8 Notes and score high in exams. These are the How, When and Where class 8 Notes prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter 1 in minutes. Revision notes in exam days is one of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
CBSE Class 8 Social Science Revision Notes History How, When and Where
How important are dates:
“History is certainly about changes that occur over time”.
- History is synonymous with dates.
- We compare the past with present.
- We continue to associate history with a string of dates.
- We study dates to find out the sequence of events and significance of events.
- Selection of date depends on the story of past.
- Focusing on a particular set of events is important.
- By studing the dates reasons and consequences of events are understood in better way.
How do we Periodise:
- James Mill divided the Indian history into three periods: Hindu, Muslim and British.
- According to Mill, Only British rules, culture and laws could make indians civilised.
- There are significant sources to study the periods of events and by studing different historical evidences a string of time periods can be formed.
What is colonial:
- When the subjugation of one country by another country leads to change in social, culture, economic and political sphere,it leads to colonisation.
- British rule brought about changes in values and tastes, customs and practices.
How do we know Administration:
- One important source is the official records of the British administration.
- The British felt all important documents and letters needed to be preserved.
- Specialized institutions like archieves and museums were established to preserve important records.
- Administrative source only represents half of the picture as they all were written and maintained by British officials.
- Several other sources studied together give a better picture of administration.
Sources of Information:
- official records, letters, memos, surveys, newspapers, magazines, autobiographies, reports, experiences of travellers, novels and poems are some important sources of information of British rule and atrocities.
- The practice of surveying became commone under colonial administration.’
- Surveys like botanical zoological, archaeological, anthropological and forest survesys were in the list of British administration.
- Sources kept and written by both Indians and British studied together represents several aspects of British rule and their efforts to modernise or subjugate Indian population.
What do Official Records not Tell:
- The official records do not tell about the needs of people of India.
- Many official records hide the truth and only show one aspect of the event.
- The official records does not represent the fall outs of British administration and also do not represent the reactions and situation of indians of every sphere of society.
How, When and Where class 8 Notes History
- CBSE Revision notes (PDF Download) Free
- CBSE Revision notes for Class 8 History PDF
- CBSE Revision notes Class 8 History – CBSE
- CBSE Revisions notes and Key Points Class 8 History
- Summary of the NCERT books all chapters in History class 8
- Short notes for CBSE class 8th History
- Key notes and chapter summary of History class 8
- Quick revision notes for CBSE exams
CBSE Class-8 Revision Notes and Key Points
How, When and Where class 8 Notes History. CBSE quick revision note for class-8 History, Chemistry, Math’s, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
- Revision Notes for class-08 Mathematics
- Revision Notes for class-08 Science
- Revision Notes for class-08 Social Science
To download How, When and Where class 8 Notes History, sample paper for class 8 History, Social Science, Mathematics ,Science do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- The Indian Constitution class 8 Notes Political Science
- Understanding Secularism class 8 Notes Political Science
- Why Do We Need a Parliament class 8 Notes Political Science
- Understanding Laws class 8 Notes Political Science
- Judiciary class 8 Notes Political Science
- Understanding Our Criminal Justice System class 8 Notes Political Science
- Understanding Marginalisation class 8 Notes Political Science
- Confronting Marginalisation class 8 Notes Political Science
- Public Facilities class 8 Notes Political Science
- Law and Social Justice class 8 Notes Political Science
- Resources and Development class 8 Notes Geography
- Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Resources class 8 Notes Geography
- Minerals and Power Resources class 8 Notes Geography
- Agriculture class 8 Notes Geography
- Industries class 8 Notes Geography
- Human Resources class 8 Notes Geography
- How, When and Where class 8 Notes History
- From Trade to Territory class 8 Notes History
- Ruling the Countryside class 8 Notes History
- Tribals, Dikus and The Vision of A Golden Age class 8 Notes History
- When People Rebel: 1857 and After class 8 Notes History
- Colonialism and the City class 8 Notes History
- Weavers, Iron Smelters and Factory Owners class 8 Notes History
- Civilising the ‘Native’ Educating the Nation class 8 Notes History
- Women, Caste and Reform the Nation class 8 Notes History
- The Changing World of Visual Arts class 8 Notes History
- The Making of the National Movement: 1870s-1947 class 8 Notes History
- India After Independence class 8 Notes History
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now