CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
CBSE Syllabus Class 9 Music – in PDF
CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Music 2019-20 in PDF format for free download. Music syllabus for 2019 2020 class 9 is now available in myCBSEguide mobile app. The curriculum for March 2020 exams is designed by CBSE, New Delhi as per NCERT textbooks for the session 2019-20.
CBSE Syllabus for class 9 Music 2019-20
CBSE Syllabus of Class 9 Hindustani Music
Total: 100 Marks
Time: 02 hours (30 Marks)
Practical (50 Marks)
Time: 15-20 Minutes for each candidate
- Examiners are requested to ask the questions directly related to the syllabus.
- Marks should be awarded in accordance with the marking scheme.
Distribution of Marks
|Sr. no.||Value Points||Marks|
|1.||Basic techniques and bols of Tabla Pakhawaj.||05|
|2.||Kayadas or Relas, Tihai Sadharan Tukras or Parans Chakradar Tukras or Parans Mukharas and Damdar Tihais in Teentala or Aditala.||08|
|3.||Kayada or Rela, Paltas, Tihai Tukras or Parans in Jhaptala or Sultala||08|
|4.||Kayadas or Relas, Paltas, Tihai Tukras or Parans, Damdar and Bedamdar Tihais in Teentala or Aditala.||08|
|5.||Thekas of Teentala or Aditala, Jhaptala or Sultala, Ektala or Chartala||05|
|6.||Thekas of Keharwa and Dadra||03|
|7.||Variations of Thekas in prescribed Talas||03|
Teachers will refer to the distribution of Marks while examining the candidate for Practical Examination.
Internal Assessment (20 Marks)
- Questions to be set with internal choice covering the entire syllabus unit wise.
- Candidate has to attempt at least one question from each unit.
|No.||Units||No. of Periods (60)||Marks|
|1.1||Definition of the following:|
Tala, Laya, Matra, Vibhag, Sam, Tali, Khali, Avartan,
|1.2||Theka, Karada, Rela, Palta, Tihai, Tukra, Chakradar,|
Mukhara and Paran.
|2.1||Basic knowledge of the instrument opted for||06|
|2.2||Basic knowledge of the structure and various parts of|
any one percussion instrument from prescribed
|3.1||Elementary knowledge of the origin of Tabla of|
|3.2||Elementary knowledge of various Gharanas of Tabla|
|4.1||An outline History of Hindustani Music of Modern|
Period with special reference to the works of V.N.
Bhathande and P V.D. Paluskar.
|4.2||Notation system of V.N. Bhatkhande and V.D.|
|5.1||Description and ability to do Tala Notation with Thah|
and Dugun Laya in Teentala or Aditala, Ektala or
chautala and Keharwa.
|5.2||Ability to write Rela, Sadharan Tukra or Sadharan|
Paran, Chakradar tukra or Chakradar Paran and
Mukhara in Tala Notation system in Teental or Adi tala.
Practical – 160 Period (50 Marks)
|S.No.||Topics||No. of Periods (160)|
|1.||Knowledge of basic techniques and bols of Tabla or Pakhawaj and ability to do combinations of syllables.||10|
|2.||Ability to play Four Kayadas or Rela with four paltas and Tihai. Two sadharan Tukras or Parans, Two Chakradar Tukras or Parans, Two Mukharas, Two Damdar Tihais in Teentala or Adi Tala||40|
|3.||Ability to play One Kayada or Rela in Jhaptala or Sultala with four paltas and Tihai, One Tukra or Paran and One Damdar Tihai.||25|
|4.||Ability to play Advance Kayadas or Relas, Two Advance Chakradar Tukras or Parans, One Damdar and One Bedamdar Tihai in Teentala or Adi tala.||30|
|5.||Ability to play Thekas of Teentala or Aditala, Jhaptala or Sultala, Ektala or Chautala with Thah and Dugun laya.||10|
|6.||Ability to play Ektala or chautala, Keharwa or Chantala and Dadra with two variations in Thah and Dugun Layas.||10|
|7.||Ability to play variations of Thekas in prescribed Talas.||10|
|8.||Solo performance at least 8-10 minutes in Teentala or Adi tala.||25|
- Project File: (05)
- Writing the compositions( kayada, Rela, Chakrader, Tukara or Paran, Farmaishi Chakradhar, Tukara or Paran of talas prescribed in the syllabus in notation.
- Identifying and Interviewing neighbourhood Artists. Draw & label any one instrument(percussion).
- Description and writing the notation of prescribed Talas with Layakaries ( Thah , Dugun, Tigun, Chaugun).
- knowledge about any one percussion artist.
- Project work (05)
Interrelationship of the following;
- Music and Physics (Sound – Frequency, vibration, pitch, intensity, timbre)
- Music and Mathematics (Mathematical Calculation of laya)
- Music and History (Development of Music during the medieval period)
- Music and Geography (Development of Music in varied cultural zones e.g. songs, instruments in mountainous or hilly areas )
- Music and languages – Dialects in folk Music
Students may choose any one of the above topics or any other topic for project in consultation with teacher.
- Periodic practical Test, restricted to three in an Academic year. (10)
Average of best two tests to be taken for final marks submission. Each test will examine a candidate to perform solo recital in prescribed Talas with Kayada or Rela, Tukra or Chakradar, Paran in Teentala or Aaditala.
Download CBSE Syllabus of Class 9
- Social Science
- English Communicative
- English Language and Lit
- Hindi A
- Hindi B
- Foundation of IT
- Home science
Create question papers online with solution using our databank of 5,00,000+ questions and download as PDF with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now