CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
CBSE Syllabus Class 12 Kathakali – in PDF
CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 Kathakali 2019-20 in PDF format for free download. Kathakali syllabus for 2019 2020 class 12 is now available in myCBSEguide mobile app. The curriculum for March 2020 exams is designed by CBSE, New Delhi as per NCERT textbooks for the session 2019-20.
CBSE Syllabus for class 12 Kathakali 2019-20
CBSE Syllabus Class 12 Kathakali
One Theory Paper Total Marks: 100 & 3: Hours
Marks: 3070 Periods Theory:
- A brief history and acquaintance with other classical styles or folk forms prevalent in the region other than the one offered for study.
- Acquaintance with the life history of the great masters of the dance form of both past and present.
- Acquaintance with the contents of the Hastha Lakshana Deepika and Natyasasthra.
- Knowledge of the following terms:
- Nritta, Nritya, Natya, Tandava, Lasya, Lokadharmi, Natyadharmi.
- Anga, Upanga, Prathyanga
- Sthaana, Chaari, Gati, Mandala, Karana, Bhramari, Utplavana.
- Abhinaya (Angika, Vachika, Satvika, Aharaya) with special reference to Hasta-Abhinaya, Mukhaja-Abhinaya and Netra-Abhinaya.
- Sangeeta, Tala, Laya
- Rasa, Rasadhrishti, Sthaayibhava, Sthaayidrishti, Sanchar Bhavan, Bhaava, Vibhaava, Anubhaava and Sathvika Bhaava,
- Knowledge of the Technical Terminology of the Art forms.
- Mutiyettu, Theyyam, Kootiyaattam, Ramanattam, Krishnattam, Ottanthullal, and Kalarippayattu
- Hastas – Samyutha, Asamyuta, Mishra, Nanartha from Hastalakshanadipika.
- Kaal Sadhakam Irativatam.
- Kalassam, Ashtakalasam, llakiyattam, Cholliyattam
- Keli, Arangu Keli (Shuddha Maddalam), Todayam, Purappadu, Melapada, and Dhanaasi
- Chutti, Pachchha, Kathi, Thaadi, Kari, Minukku
- Rasa, Rasadhrishti, Sthaayibhava, Sthaayidrishti, Sancharibhava, Bhaava, Vibhaava, Anubhaava, Sathvika Bhaava, Manodharma, Cholliyaattam and llakiyaattam
- Ability to write in notation talas learnt under practicals.
- Acquaintance with the traditional costumes and make up of the Dance style opted. Knowledge of Kathakali music both vocal and percussion.
One Practical Paper
Marks: 70 & 170 Periods
- Different kalaasams in different thaalams
- Vattamvechu Kalaasam
- Idakkalaasam O Eduthukalaasam
- Sthreevesha Kalaasam
- Saaree Dance
- Theru kootikkettal
- Thiranokku – Idamattil
- Eight types of llakiyaattam
- Padams of the character from the Kathakali plays
- Subhadraharanam – Sree Krishna – “Kim Bho Sukham”
- Dakshayaagam Shiva “Kwalaya vilochane”
- Bakavadham – Ghatothkacha – “Thaatha nin Kazhalinakal”
- Uttaraswayamvaram – Uttara – “Veera Sodara Sumathe”
- Dakshayaagam – Sathi – “Lokaadhipa Kaantha”
- Recite various kalaasams with rhythm.
- Draw the outline of Pacha Makeup and mention the colours used.