Complete Guide for CBSE Students
NCERT Solutions, NCERT Exemplars, Revison Notes, Free Videos, CBSE Papers, MCQ Tests & more.Download Now
CBSE Syllabus Class 10 Music – in PDF
CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Music 2019-20 in PDF format for free download. Music syllabus for 2019 2020 class 10 is now available in myCBSEguide mobile app. The curriculum for March 2020 exams is designed by CBSE, New Delhi as per NCERT textbooks for the session 2019-20.
CBSE Syllabus for class 10 Music 2019-20
CBSE Syllabus of Class 10 Hindustani Music Vocal
Total: 100 Marks
Theory (30 Marks)
Time: 02 Hours
Practical (50 Marks)
Time 20-25 Minutes for each candidate
- Examiners are requested to ask the questions directly related to the syllabus.
- Marks should be awarded in accordance with the marking scheme.
Distribution of Marks (Value Points)
- One Vilambit Khayal with simple elaborations in prescribed Raga (12 Marks)
- Aaroha, Avaroha, Pakad and Drut Khayal with simple elaborations and few Tanas in each prescribed Raga (20 Marks)
- i. Devotional Song (04 Marks)
ii. Patriotic Song
- i. Folk Song (04 Marks)
ii. Tribal Song / Regional song
- Identification of prescribed Ragas from the phrases of Swaras rendered by the examiner (04 Marks)
- Recitation of Thekas of prescribed Talas with dugun (06 Marks)
*Teachers will refer to the distribution of marks while examining the candidate for practical examination.
TOTAL: 100 Marks
Theory – 60 periods
Time: 02 hours
Marks – 30
- Questions to be set with internal choice covering the entire syllabus unit wise
- Candidate has to attempt at least one question from each unit.
Unit 1 (12 Periods) (06 Marks)
- Define the following: Aalap, Tana, Meend, Kan, Khatka, Murk
- Define the following: Dhrupad, Dhamar, Tarana, Thumri, Lok Geet
Unit 2 (08 Periods) (06 Marks)
- Origin and development of Tanpura.
- Basic knowledge of the structure and Tuning of Tanpura
Unit 3 (16 Periods) (06 Marks)
- Detailed study of the following Ragas: Bhupali, Khamaj, Des, Brindavani Sarang
- Description and Tala notation of the following Talas with Thah, Dugun, Tigun and Chaugun Tilwada, Chautala, Sultala, Rupak.
Unit 4 (12 Periods) (06 Marks)
- Ability to write notation of compositions in prescribed Ragas.
- To identify Ragas from phrases and elaborate them in Swaras.
Unit 5 (12 Periods) (06 Marks)
- Brief life sketch and contribution to music of Tansen. Sadarang and Faiyaz Khan.
- Contribution of Omkar Nath Thakur, K.C.D Brahaspati, S.N Ratanjankar
Practical – 160 periods
Marks – 50
- One Vilambit Khayal with simple elaborations in any one of the prescribed Ragas. (30 periods)
- Aaroha, Avaroha, Pakad and Drut Khayal with simple elaborations and few Tanas in the following Ragas: (64 periods)
- a. Devotional Song (14 periods)
b. Patriotic Song
- a. Folk song (16 periods)
b. Tribal Song / Regional Song
- Ability to recognize the prescribed Ragas from the Phrases of swaras rendered by the examiner. (12 periods)
- Recitation of the Thekas of the following Talas with dugun, keeping Tala with hand-beats: (24 periods)
Internal Assessment: 20 Marks
- Project – File (05 Marks)
- Writing in notation the musical compositions of Ragas prescribed in the syllabus
- Identifying the Tala of musical compositions
- Drawing and labelling the various parts of Tabla.
- Description and writing the notation of prescribed Talas with Layakaries (Thah , Dugun, Tigun, Chaugun)
- Identifying and interviewing Percussion Artists.
- Project Work (05 marks)
Interrelationship of the following
- Music and Religion
- Music and Cinema
- Music and Electronic Media
- Devotional aspects in Music
- Inter-relationship of Arts (Music- Dance or Theatre or Visual Arts)
*Students may choose any of the above topics or any other topic for project in consultation with the teacher.
- Periodic practical Test, restricted to three in an Academic year. (10 marks)
Average of best two tests to be taken for final marks submission.
Each test will examine a candidate for one Raga from the syllabus, one Devotional Song / Folk song / Tribal song/ Regional Song and two Talas.
Download CBSE Syllabus of Class 10th
Create Papers with your Name & LogoTry it Now (Free)