Trusted by 70 Lakh StudentsInstall App
CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 Political Science 2019-20 is now available in myCBSEguide mobile app. contains all the topics of this session. myCBSEguide provides you latest Syllabus for Class 12 Political Science in PDF format for free download. The different courses introduce the students to the various streams of the discipline of Political Science: Political Theory, Indian Politics, and International Politics. Concerns of the other two streams – Comparative Politics and Public Administration- are accommodated at different places in these courses. The curriculum for March 2020 exams is designed by CBSE, New Delhi as per NCERT textbooks for the session 2019-20.
CBSE Syllabus for class 12 Political Science 2019-20
CBSE Syllabus Class 12 Political Science
|Part A: Contemporary World Politics|
|2||The end of bipolarity|
|3||US Hegemony in World Politics||12|
|4||Alternative centres of Power|
|5||Contemporary South Asia|
|7||Security in Contemporary World|
|8||Environment and Natural Resources||8|
|Part B: Political Theory|
|10||Challenges of Nation Building||12|
|11||Er of One- Party Dominance|
|12||Politics of Planned Development|
|13||India’s External relations||6|
|14||Challenges to the Congress System||10|
|15||Crisis of the Democratic Order|
|16||Rise of Popular Movement||12|
|18||Recent developments in Indian Politics|
B. Project Work: 20 Marks
Grand Total = 100
- Cold Era(14 Periods)
Emergence of two power blocs after the second world war. Arenas of the cold war.
Challenges to Bipolarity: Non-Aligned Movement, quest for new international economic order. India and the cold war
- The End of Bipolarity(13 periods)
New entities in world politics: Russia, Balkan states and Central Asian states. Introduction of democratic politics and capitalism in post-communist regimes. India’s relations with Russia and other post-communist countries.
- US Hegemony in World Politics (13 Periods)Growth of unilateralism: Afghanistan, first Gulf War, response to 9/11 and attack on Iraq.
Dominance and challenge to the US in economy and ideology. India’s renegotiation of its relationship with USA.
- Alternative Centres of Power(11 Periods)
Rise of China as an economic power in post-Mao era, creation and expansion of European Union, ASEAN. India’s changing relations with China.
- Contemporary South Asia in the Post-Cold War EraDemocratisation in Pakistan and Nepal. Ethnic conflict in Sri Lanka, Impact of economic globalization on the region. Conflicts and efforts for peace in South Asia. India’s relation with its neighbours.
- International Organizations(13 Periods)
Restructuring and the future of the UN. India’s position in the restructured UN. Rise of new international actors: new international economic organizations, NGOs. How democratic and accountable are the new institutions of global governance?
- Security in Contemporary World(11 Periods)
Traditional concerns of security and politics of disarmament. Non-traditional or human security: global poverty, health and education.
Issues of human rights and migration.
- Environment and Natural Resources(11 Periods)
Environment movement and evolution of global environmental norms. Conflicts over traditional and common property resources. Rights of indigenous people. India’s stand-in global environmental debates.
- Globalization(11 Periods)
Economic, cultural and political manifestations. Debates on the nature of consequences of globalization. Anti-globalization movements. India as an arena of globalization and struggle against it.
Part – B: Politics in India Since Independence
- Challenges of Nation-Building(13 periods)
Nehru’s approach to nation-building; Legacy of partition: challenge of ‘refugee’ resettlement, the Kashmir problem. Organization and reorganization of states; Political conflicts over language.
- Era of One-Party Dominance(12 periods)
First three general elections, nature of Congress dominance at the national level, uneven dominance at the state level, coalitional nature of Congress. Major opposition parties.
- Politics of Planned Development(11 periods)
Five-year plans, expansion of state sector and the rise of new economic interests. Famine and suspension of five-year plans. Green Revolution and its political fall outs.
- India’s External Relations(13 periods)
Nehru’s foreign policy. Sino-Indian war of 1962, Indo-Pak war of 1965 and 1971. India’s nuclear programme. Shifting alliance in world politics
- Challenges to the Congress System(13 periods)
Political succession after Nehru. Non-Congressism and electoral upset of 1967, Congress split and reconstitution, Congress’ victory in 1971 elections, politics of ‘garibi hatao’
- Crisis of the Democratic Order(13 periods)
Search for ‘committed’ bureaucracy and judiciary. Navnirman movement in Gujarat and the Bihar movement. Emergency: context, constitutional and extra-constitutional dimensions, resistance to emergency. 1977 elections and the formation of Janata Party. Rise of civil liberties organizations.
- Popular Movements in India(11 periods)
Farmers’ movements, Women’s movement, Environment and Development-affected people’s movements. Implementation of Mandal Commission report and its aftermath.
- Regional Aspirations(11 periods)
Rise of regional parties. Punjab crisis and the anti-Sikh riots of 1984. The Kashmir situation. Challenges and responses in the North East.
- Recent Developments in Indian Politics(13 periods)
Participatory upsurge in 1990s. rise of the JD and the BJP. Increasing role of regional parties and coalition politics.
NDS (2014 onwards)
- Contemporary World Politics, Class XII, Published by NCERT
- Politics in India since Independence, Class XII, Published by NCERT
Note: The above textbooks are also available in Hindi and Urdu versions.
Question Paper Design(2019 – 20)
- Very Short Answer (1 Mark)
(1X20 = 20)
- Very Short Answer (2 Marks)
(2X3 = 6)
- Short Answer (4 Marks)
(4X4 = 16)
- Long Answer based on Passage(5 Marks)
Creating : 1
(5X4 = 20)
- Long Answer(6 Marks)
Analysing : 0
(6X3 = 18)
Total = 80 Marks
Download CBSE Syllabus of Class 12th
- CBSE Syllabus class 12th Physics
- CBSE Syllabus class 12th Chemistry
- CBSE Syllabus class 12th biology
- CBSE Syllabus class 12th Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for class 12th Accountancy
- CBSE Syllabus class 12th Economics
- CBSE Syllabus class 12th Business studies
- CBSE Syllabus class 12th English core
- CBSE Syllabus class 12th Hindi core
- CBSE Syllabus class 12th History
- CBSE Syllabus class 12th Political science
- CBSE Syllabus class 12th Geography
- CBSE Syllabus class 12th Sociology
- CBSE Syllabus class 12th Home science
Create Tests with your Name & LogoTry it Now (Free)