Download the app to get CBSE Sample Papers 2023-24, NCERT Solutions (Revised), Most Important Questions, Previous Year Question Bank, Mock Tests, and Detailed Notes.Install Now
POLITICAL SCIENCE (Code No 028)
At the senior secondary level students who opt Political Science are given an opportunity to get introduced to the diverse concerns of a Political Scientist. At this level there is a need to enable students to engage with political processes that surround them and provide them with an understanding of the historical context that has shaped the present. The different courses introduce the students to the various streams of the discipline of political science: political theory, Indian politics and international politics. Concerns of the other two streams — comparative politics and public administration — are accommodated at different places in these courses. In introducing these streams, special care has been taken not to burden the students with the current jargon of the discipline. The basic idea here is to lay the foundations for a serious engagement with the discipline at the undergraduation stage.
INDIAN CONSTITUTION AT WORK
- Enable students to understand historical processes and circumstances in which the Constitution was drafted.
- Provide opportunity for students to be familiar with the diverse visions that guided the makers of the Indian Constitution.
- Enable students to identify the certain key features of the Constitution and compare these to other constitutions in the world.
- Analyse the ways in which the provisions of the Constitution have worked in real political life.
- Develop the skills for logical reasoning and abstraction
- Inculcate attention to and respect for viewpoints other than one’s own
- Introduce students to the different political thinkers in relation to a concept and in everyday social life
- Enable students to meaningfully participate in a concern of current political life that surrounds them
- Encourage the students to analyse any unexamined prejudices that one may have inherited.
POLITICS IN INDIA AFTER INDEPENDENCE
- Enable students to be familiar with some of the key political events and figures in the post-independence period.
- Develop skills of political analysis through events and processes of recent history.
- Develop their capacity to link macro processes with micro situations and their own life.
- Encourage the students to take a historical perspective of making sense of the contemporary India.
CONTEMPORARY WORLD POLITICS
- Enable the students to expand their horizon beyond India and make sense of the political map of contemporary world.
- Familiarise the students with some of the key political events and processes in the post cold war era.
- Equip students to be conscious of the way in which global events and processes shape our everyday lives.
- Strengthen their capacity for political analysis by thinking of contemporary developments in a historical perspective.
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now