Download the app to get CBSE Sample Papers 2023-24, NCERT Solutions (Revised), Most Important Questions, Previous Year Question Bank, Mock Tests, and Detailed Notes.Install Now
PAINTING (Code No. 049)
The course in Painting at Senior Secondary stage as an elective subject is aimed to develop aesthetic sense of the students through the understanding of various important well known aspects and modes of visual art expression in India’s rich cultural heritage from the period Indus valley to the present time. It also encompasses practical exercises in drawing and painting to develop their mental faculties of observation, imagination, creation and physical skills required for its expressions.
(A) Theory (History of Indian Art)
The objective of including the history of Indian Art for the students is to familiarise them with the various styles and modes of art expressions from different parts of India. This
would enrich their vision and enable them to appreciate and develop an aesthetic sensibility to enjoy the beauty of nature and life. The students will also have an opportunity to observe and study the evolution of its mutations and synthesis with other style and the rise of an altogether new style. The students should be made aware of art as a human experience. The teachers should be able to expose them to the wide range of artistic impressions, the media and the tools used. The history of Indian Art is a long one. Hence the students would be acquainted with brief glimpses of the development of Indian Visual Art as are required for concept formation. Examples included in the course of study are selected because of their aesthetic qualities and are intended purely as guidelines.
The purpose of introducing practical exercises :in Painting is to help and enable the students:
- To develop skill of using drawing and painting material (surface, tools and equipments etc.) effectively.
- To sharpen their observation skills through study of common objects and various geometrical and non-geometrical forms found in life and nature.
- To develop their skills to draw and paint these observations:
- To develop an understanding of Painting-Composition (The use of the elements and the principles of painting -composition);
- To create the forms and the colour schemes in imagination with an ability to express them effectively in drawing and painting;
- To express the different feelings and moods of life and nature in lines, forms and colours.
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now