Download the app to get CBSE Sample Papers 2023-24, NCERT Solutions (Revised), Most Important Questions, Previous Year Question Bank, Mock Tests, and Detailed Notes.Install Now
BIOTECHNOLOGY (Code No. 045)
An unprecedented growth of human knowledge in the field of Biological Sciences coupled with equally significant developments in the field of technology have brought significant changes into existing social and economic systems. The emerging field of Biotechnology is likely to further enhance the applications of Science and Technology in the service of human welfare. Modern Biotechnology processes encompass a wide range of new products such as antibiotics, vaccines, monoclonal antibodies and many more. Furthermore, developments in recombinant DNA technology have yielded numerous new useful products in the fields of healthcare and agriculture. The present syllabus takes care of all these aspects. Due emphasis has been laid on familiarizing the learners with the fundamental concepts, basic techniques and their applications. It is expected that the knowledge gained through the study of different topics and the skills acquired through the prescribed practical work will make the learners competent to meet the challenges of academic as well as professional courses after studying the subect at senior secondary stage.
The broad objectives of teaching Biotechnology at senior secondary level are:
- To help the learners know and understand basic facts and concepts in the subject at elementary stage.
- To expose the students to different basic processes and basic techniques used in Biotechnology
- To farmiliarize the learners to understand the relationship of the subject to health, nutrition, environment, agriculture and industry etc.
- To develop conceptual competence in the learners so as to cope up with professional courses in future career.
- To acquaint students with different applications of Biotechnology in everyday life.
- To develop an interest in students to study biotechnology as a discipline.
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now