Download the app to get CBSE Sample Papers 2023-24, NCERT Solutions (Revised), Most Important Questions, Previous Year Question Bank, Mock Tests, and Detailed Notes.Install Now
CBSE Reduced Syllabus Class 10 for the session 2020-21 is available in myCBSEguide Mobile App. Students can download the deleted syllabus in PDF format. We know that CBSE has reduced the curriculum by 30% this year. Every student is excited to know which topic or chapter is deleted. This post will guide you through all such topics and chapters.
CBSE Reduced Syllabus Class 10
Although, CBSE has cut the syllabus in all the subjects yet Maths and Science are the two most important subjects to check. Why it is so, let’s understand. Compare to other subjects, CBSE has not deleted whole chapters in these two chapters. Hence, it is difficult to find a reduced portion in Maths and Science. Surprisingly, the deducted part and remaining part are interconnected and you can’t understand the concepts independently.
Deleted Topics in Class 10 Maths
- REAL NUMBERS
- Euclid’s division lemma
- ALGEBRA POLYNOMIALS
- Statement and simple problems on division algorithm for polynomials with real coefficients.
- PAIR OF LINEAR EQUATIONS IN TWO VARIABLES
- cross multiplication method
- QUADRATIC EQUATIONS
- Situational problems based on equations reducible to quadratic equations
- ARITHMETIC PROGRESSIONS
- Application in solving daily life problems based on sum to n terms
- COORDINATE GEOMETRY COORDINATE GEOMETRY
- Area of a triangle.
- GEOMETRY TRIANGLES
- Proof of the following theorems are deleted
- The ratio of the areas of two similar triangles is equal to the ratio of the squares of their corresponding sides.
- In a triangle, if the square on one side is equal to sum of the squares on the other two sides, the angle opposite to the first side is a right angle.
- No deletion
- Construction of a triangle similar to a given triangle.
- TRIGONOMETRY INTRODUCTION TO TRIGONOMETRY
- motivate the ratios whichever are defined at 0o and 90o
- TRIGONOMETRIC IDENTITIES
- Trigonometric ratios of complementary angles.
- HEIGHTS AND DISTANCES
- No deletion
- MENSURATION AREAS RELATED TO CIRCLES
- Problems on central angle of 120° SURFACE AREAS AND VOLUMES
- Frustum of a cone.
- Step deviation Method for finding the mean
- Cumulative Frequency graph
- No deletion
Deleted Topics in Class 10 Science
- Unit I: Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour
- Metals and Non-metals: Basic Metallurgical processes; Corrosion and its prevention
- Carbon and its Compounds: Nomenclature of carbon compounds containing functional groups (halogens, alcohol, ketones, aldehydes, alkanes and alkynes), the difference between saturated hydro carbons and unsaturated hydrocarbons. Chemical properties of carbon compounds (combustion, oxidation, addition and substitution reaction). Ethanol and Ethanoic acid (only properties and uses), soaps and detergents.
- Unit II: World of Living
- Control and co-ordination in animals and plants: Tropic movements in plants; Introduction of plant hormones; Control and co-ordination in animals: Nervous system; Voluntary, involuntary and reflex action; Chemical co-ordination: animal hormones.
- Heredity and Evolution: Basic concepts of evolution.
- Unit III: Natural Phenomena
- The Human Eye and the Colourful World: Functioning of a lens inHuman eye, defects of vision and their corrections, applications of spherical mirrors and lenses.
- Unit IV: Effects of Current
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current: Electric Generator, Direct current. Alternating current: frequency of AC. Advantage of AC over DC. Domestic electric circuits.
- Unit V: Natural Resources
- Sources of energy: Different forms of energy, conventional and nonconventional sources of energy: Fossil fuels, solar energy; biogas; wind, water and tidal energy; Nuclear energy. Renewable versus non-renewable sources of Energy.
- DELETED PRACTICALS
- Finding the pH of the following samples by using pH paper/universal indicator: Dilute Hydrochloric Acid, Dilute NaOH solution, Dilute Ethanoic Acid solution, Lemon juice o Water, Dilute Hydrogen Carbonate solution
- Determination of the equivalent resistance of two resistors when connected in series and parallel.
- Preparing a temporary mount of a leaf peel to show stomata.
- Study of the following properties of acetic acid (ethanoic acid): Odour o solubility in water, effect on litmus, reaction with Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate
- Study of the comparative cleaning capacity of a sample of soap in soft and hard water.
- Finding the image distance for varying object distances in case of a convex lens and drawing corresponding ray diagrams to show the nature of image formed.
- Identification of the different parts of an embryo of a dicot seed (Pea, gram or red kidney bean).
- Internal Assessment
- Management of natural resources: Conservation and judicious use of natural resources. Forest and wild life; Coal and Petroleum conservation. Examples of people’s participation for the conservation of natural resources. Big dams: advantages and limitations; alternatives, if any. Water harvesting. Sustainability of natural resources.
Deleted Portion in Social, English & Hindi
Not only Maths and Science, but CBSE has also deleted chapters in class 10 English, Hindi and Social Science too. We recommend to download the myCBSEguide App and go to the syllabus section to get the CBSE reduced syllabus class 10 in these subjects. myCBSEguide also provides the latest sample question papers for practice based on the reduced syllabus for 2021 board exams.
Latest Sample Papers (Reduced Syllabus)
CBSE model question papers for class 1o for the session 2020-21 are now available in myCBSEguide App for FREE download. These sample papers are:
- Based on the reduced syllabus
- Includes Case Study based questions
- As per the latest syllabus (2020021)
- Follows CBSE blueprint and marking scheme
- Includes chapters from revised syllabus only
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now