Install myCBSEguide mobile app for FREE sample papers, Test Papers, Revision Notes, Previous year question papers, NCERT solutions and MCQ tests. Refer myCBSEguide App to your friends and Earn upto Rs.500/-.
CBSE Question Paper 2018 class 12 Biotechnology conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi in the month of March 2018. CBSE previous year question papers with solution are available in myCBSEguide mobile app and cbse guide website. The Best CBSE App for students and teachers is myCBSEguide which provides complete study material and practice papers to cbse schools in India and abroad.
CBSE Question Paper 2018 class 12 Biotechnology
Last Year Question Paper Class 12 Biotechnology 2018
Time allowed : 3 hours
Maximum Marks: 70
- All questions are compulsory.
- There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in one question of 3 marks and one question of 5 marks. You have to attempt only one of the choices in such questions.
- Questions No. 1 to 6 are very short answer questions, carrying 1 mark each.
- Questions No. 7 to 14 are short answer questions, carrying 2 marks each.
- Questions No. 15 to 25 are also short answer questions, carrying 3 marks each.
- Questions No. 26 to 28 are long answer questions, carrying 5 marks each.
- Use of calculators is not permitted. However, you may use log tables, if necessary
- Cancer cells lose ‘contact inhibition’, an important feature of normal cells. What is ‘Contact Inhibition’?
Ans. Cell growth inhibited when in contact with other cells/wall of the container.
- Van der Waals forces are weak attractions but are important in proteins. Why?
Ans. Van der Waals forces are important in macromolecules such as proteins because the large surface areas involved can result in reasonably large total forces/Several Van der Waals forces together give rise to stronger force.
- Write the principle used in measuring bacterial cell growth by spectrophotometer.
Ans. Bacterial cells scatter light in proportion to their concentration giving rise to high turbidity/absorbance/optical density.
- To construct a c-DNA library, reverse transcriptase enzyme is needed. Why?
Ans.Reverse transcriptase is required to convert unstable m RNA to stable c DNA.
- For short-term storage of germplasm using explant culture, abscisic acid is added to the medium. What is the purpose of doing so?
- Name a technique that can help researchers to observe interactions among thousands of genes simultaneously.
Ans. Microarray using DNA chip.
- A biotechnologist wants to develop a variety of rice, which can survive in high salinity. How can he do so?
- Create transgenic plants by introducing genes which over express stress related osmolytes/osmoprotectants
- Examples such as sugars (trehalose), sugar alcohol(mannitol), amino acids (proline), betaines (glycine betaine),etc.
- Both PCR and M-13 bacteriophage can amplify DNA with respect to the DNA fragment obtained. What is the basic difference between the two?
Ans.PCR produces double stranded DNA and M-13 produces single stranded DNA.
These are First 8 questions only. To view and download complete question paper with solution install myCBSEguide App from google play store or login to our student dashboard.
CBSE Question Paper 2018 class 12 Biotechnology
Download class 12 Biotechnology question paper with solution from best CBSE App the myCBSEguide. CBSE class 12 Biotechnology question paper 2018 in PDF format with solution will help you to understand the latest question paper pattern and marking scheme of the CBSE board examination. You will get to know the difficulty level of the question paper.
Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 in PDF
CBSE question papers 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 and so on for all the subjects are available under this download link. Practicing real question paper certainly helps students to get confidence and improve performance in weak areas.
- Business Studies
- Political Science
- Physical Education
- Computer Science
- Informatics Practices
- English Core
- Hindi Core
- Hindi Elective
- Other Subjects
To download CBSE Question Paper class 12 Accountancy, Chemistry, Physics, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies, and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Deal of the Day
Latest Sample Papers 149/-
Test Paper & Worksheets 299/-
Click Here & Tap Shop