CBSE Question Paper 2017 Class 12 Sociology conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi in the month of March 2017. CBSE previous year question papers with the solution are available in myCBSEguide mobile app and website. The Best CBSE App for students and teachers is myCBSEguide which provides complete study material and practice papers to CBSE schools in India and abroad.
CBSE Question Paper 2017 Class 12 Sociology
Class 12 Sociology list of chapters
A. INDIAN SOCIETY
- Introducing Indian Society
- Demographic Structure of the Indian Society
- Social Institutions: Continuity and Change
- The Market as a Social Institution
- The Pattern of Social In quality and Exclusion
- The Challenges of Cultural Diversity
- Suggestions for Project Work
B. CHANGE AND DEVELOPMENT IN INDIA
- Structural Change (10 Periods)
- Cultural Change (12 Periods)
- The Story of India Democracy (16 Periods)
- Change and Development in Rural Society (10 Periods)
- Change and Development in Industrial Society (14 Periods)
- Globalization and Social Change (10 Periods)
- Mass Media and Communication Process (14 Periods)
- Social Movements (18 Periods)
CBSE Question Paper 2017 Class 12 Sociology
- There are 25 questions in all.
- All questions are compulsory.
- Question Nos. 1 – 14 are short answer type questions carrying 2 marks each. The answer to each question should not exceed 30 words.
- Question Nos. 15 – 21 are long answer type questions carrying 4 marks each. The answer to each question should not exceed 80 words.
- Question Nos. 22 – 25 are very long answer type questions carrying 6 marks each.
- The answer to each question should not exceed 200 words. Question No. 25 is to be answered on the basis of the passage given.
1. What do you understand by the term westernization?
2. In an industrial set-up, how can a manager make the workers produce more?
3. Write the meaning of term infotainment.
4. In what way the consumption pattern is related to the status symbol?
5. Why coastal cities were favored by the colonial rulers?
6. What changes have been brought by the technology in the newspaper industry?
7. How were silk spinners and twisters of Bihar affected by globalization?
8. What role does pressure groups play in Indian democracy?
9. What are counter movements ? Give an example.
10. What are the distinct modes of protest?
11. State the main concerns of 19th Century’s social reformers.
12. In what way advertisement in technology led to revolutionary changes in global communities.
13. Give examples of INGOs.
14. How mass-media is a part of our everyday life?
15. Explain the politics of assimilation and integration used to establish a national identity.
16. Differentiate the sociological and economic perspective of the market.
How did the advent of colonialism in India produce a major upheaval in the economy?
17. Nation-State became the dominant political form during the colonial period. Explain.
18. The 73rd amendment has been monumental in bringing voice to the people of villages. Discuss.
19. What is the role and significance of civil society in today’s world?
Encouraging cultural diversity is good policy from both the practical and the
principled point of view. Justify the statement using India’s case as a Nation-State.
20. Discuss the changes that the Trade Unions bring out in the lives of workers.
21. In what way the new social movements are different from the old social movements
22. Explain the three key principles of social stratification with examples
23. Highlight the social consequences of the Green Revolution.
24. Explain the structural tensions faced by men and women in matriarchal societies.
What are the factors behind the assertion of tribal identities today?
25. Read the passage given below and answer the following questions :
Data from the National Sample Survey studies of 1999-2000 and from 2001
Census of India reveal a sharp fall in the rate of employment generation (creation of new jobs) across both rural and urban areas. This is true for the young as well. The rate of growth of employment in the 15-30 age group, which stood at around 2.4 percent a year between 1987 and 1994 for both rural and urban men, fell to 0.7 for rural men and 0.3 percent for urban men during 1994 to 2004. This suggests that the advantage offered by a young labor force is not being exploited.
Strategies exist to exploit the demographic window of opportunity that India has
today. But India’s recent experience suggests that market forces by themselves do not ensure that such strategies would be implemented. Unless a way forward is found, we may miss out on the potential benefits that the country’s changing age structure temporarily offers.
(a) What is a demographic dividend?
(b) Do you think that India is indeed facing a window of opportunity created by
These are questions only. To view and download complete question paper with solution install myCBSEguide App from google play store or log in to our student dashboard.
Last Year Question Paper Class 12 Sociology 2017
Download class 12 Sociology question paper with the solution from best CBSE App the myCBSEguide. CBSE class 12 Sociology question paper 2017 in PDF format with the solution will help you to understand the latest question paper pattern and marking scheme of the CBSE board examination. You will get to know the difficulty level of the question paper.
Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 in PDF
CBSE question papers 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 and so on for all the subjects are available under this download link. Practicing real question paper certainly helps students to get confidence and improve performance in weak areas.
- Business Studies
- Physical Education
- Computer Science
- Informatics Practices
- English Core
- Hindi Core
- Hindi Elective
- Other Subjects
To download CBSE Question Paper class 12 Accountancy, Chemistry, Physics, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies, and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now