Complete Guide for CBSE Students
NCERT Solutions, NCERT Exemplars, Revison Notes, Free Videos, CBSE Papers, MCQ Tests & more.Download Now
CBSE Question Paper 2016 class 12 Biology conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi in the month of March 2016. CBSE previous year question papers with solution are available in myCBSEguide mobile app and cbse guide website. The Best CBSE App for students and teachers is myCBSEguide which provides complete study material and practice papers to cbse schools in India and abroad.
CBSE Question Paper 2016 class 12 Biology
Class 12 Biology list of chapters
- Reproduction in Organisms
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Human Reproduction
- Reproductive Health
- Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Human Health and Disease
- Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Biotechnology Principles and Processes
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Organisms and Populations
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Environmental Issues
CBSE Question Paper 2016 class 12 Biology
SECTION – A
Q. Nos. 1 – 5 are of one marks each
1. Name two animals that exhibit Oestrus cycle.
2. What is point mutation? Give one example.
3. Mention one difference to distinguish an exon from an intron.
4. Suggest a molecular diagnostic procedure that detects HIV in a suspected AIDS patient.
5. What does nature’s carrying capacity for a species indicate?
Q. Nos. 6-10 are of two marks each
6. Write the location and functions of Myometrium and Endometrium.
7. How does a test cross help to determine the genotype of an individual?
8. What kind of areas are suitable for practicing apiculture? Write the scientific name of the variety commonly reared for the purpose.
9. Suggest four advanced ex-situ methods to conserve threatened biodiversity.
10. Lower BOD of a water body helps reappearance of clean-water organisms. Explain.
Q. Nos. 11-22 are of three marks each
11. “Post-industrialization, the population of melanised moth increased in England at the expense of white-winged moths.” Provide explanations.
12. Why does the ‘insertional inactivation’ method to detect recombinant DNA is preferred to ‘antibiotic resistance’ procedure?
13. Explain the role of the enzyme EcoRI in recombinant DNA technology.
14. Draw a labeled diagram of the embryonic stage that gets implanted in the human uterus. State the functions of the two parts labeled.
15. (a) Draw a labeled sketch of a mature 7-celled,8-nucleate embryo-sac.
(b) Which one of the cell in an embryo-sac produce endosperm after double fertilization?
16. Narrowly utilitarian arguments are put forth in support of biodiversity conservation. Explain the other two arguments that are put forth in support of the same cause.
17. On a visit to a Hill station, one of your friends suddenly become unwell and felt uneasy.
(a) List two symptoms you would look for to term it to be due to allergy.
(b) Explain the response of the body to an allergen.
(c) Name two drugs that can be recommended for immediate relief.
18. (a) Why did Hershey and Chase use radioactive sulfur and radioactive phosphorus in their experiment?
(b) Write the conclusion they arrived at and how.
19. (a) Explain any two defence mechanisms plants evolved against their predators.
(b) How does predation differ from parasitism?
20. Human blood group is a good example of multiple allelism and co-dominance. Justify.
21. (a) What is Gene therapy?
(b) Describe the procedure of such a therapy that could be a permanent cure for a disease. Name the disease.
22. Draw a pyramid of biomass and pyramid of energy in sea. Give your comments on the type of Pyramids drawn.
Q No. 23 is of four mark
23. You have a friend whose parents are too indulgent in his/her daily affairs. They think him/her to be still young which makes him/her sad and is upset all the time. As he/she feels that the parents should give him/her opportunity to take independent decision on some issues.
(a) Would you support your friend and why?
(b) Write the characteristics of this age group.
(c) List two curative measures.
Q Nos. 24-26 are of five marks each
24. (a) How does a Human Immunodeficiency Virus(HIV) replicate in a host?
(b) How does an HIV-infected patient lose immunity?
(c) List any two symptoms of this disease.
(a) Identify strands ‘A’ and ‘B’ in the diagram of transcription unit given above and write the basis on which you identified them.
(b) State the functions of Sigma factor and Rho factor in the transcription process in a bacterium.
(c) Write the functions of RNA polymerase-I and RNA polymerase-III in eukaryotes.
26. (a) Where does spermatogenesis occur in human testes? Describe the process of spermatogenesis upto the formation of spermatozoa.
(b) Trace the path of spermatozoa from the testes upto the ejaculatory duct only.
These are questions only. To view and download complete question paper with solution install myCBSEguide App from google play store or login to our student dashboard.
Last Year Question Paper Class 12 Biology 2016
Download class 12 Biology question paper with solution from best CBSE App the myCBSEguide. CBSE class 12 Biology question paper 2016 in PDF format with solution will help you to understand the latest question paper pattern and marking scheme of the CBSE board examination. You will get to know the difficulty level of the question paper.
Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 in PDF
CBSE question papers 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 and so on for all the subjects are available under this download link. Practicing real question paper certainly helps students to get confidence and improve performance in weak areas.
- Business Studies
- Political Science
- Physical Education
- Computer Science
- Informatics Practices
- English Core
- Hindi Core
- Hindi Elective
- Other Subjects
To download CBSE Question Paper class 12 Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create Papers with your Name & LogoTry it Now (Free)