Download the app to get CBSE Sample Papers 2023-24, NCERT Solutions (Revised), Most Important Questions, Previous Year Question Bank, Mock Tests, and Detailed Notes.Install Now
CBSE Question Paper 2015 class 12 Biotechnology conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi in the month of March 2015. CBSE previous year question papers with solution are available in myCBSEguide mobile app and cbse guide website. The Best CBSE App for students and teachers is myCBSEguide which provides complete study material and practice papers to cbse schools in India and abroad.
CBSE Question Paper 2015 class 12 Biotechnology
Last Year Question Paper Class 12 Biotechnology 2015
- All questions are compulsory.
- There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in one question of two marks and two questions of five marks. You have to attempt only one of the choices in such questions. Question paper contains four sections ¾ A, B, C and D.
- Questions No. 1 to 6 are very short answer questions, carrying 1 markeach.
- Questions No. 7 to 14 are short answer questions, carrying 2 marks each.
- Questions No. 15 to 25 are also short answer questions, carrying 3 marks each.
- Questions No. 26 to 28 are long answer questions, carrying 5 marks each.
- Use of calculators is not permitted. However, you may use log tables, if necessary.
1. What is the relationship between specific activity and purity of a protein?
2.Metagenomic approach is of immense use to scientists. How?
3. How can one produce large amounts of one of the strands of double stranded DNA using natural mechanism?
4. A farmer wants to produce hybrid of mustard plants in his field. As a biotechnologist, what would you suggest to him to ensure successful pollination or fertilization?
5. In isolating recombinant interferons from a culture of E. coli, the filtrate was subjected to purification processes, but no interferons were obtained. Suggest a possible reason
6. Relationship between the number of genes and proteins is not linear. Why ? Give two reasons.
7. What is the importance of maintaining pH while culturing animal cells? How is the pH maintained in a culture media?
8. On a large-scale culturing of microbes, the sources of nutrients used in the medium are different from that of a small scale culture. Why? Name any two sources of nutrients for a large-scale culture.
9. What is the difference between a defined and a serum-supplemented medium?
10. r-HuEPO is preferred over blood transfusion in persons with blood loss. Why?
11. Differentiate between Batch and Continuous culture.
12. Why is inverted microscopes used instead of compound microscope in observing animal cells in culture?
13. Karyotype determination of animal cell culture is important. Why? What factors affect its stability?
Why is it difficult to culture animal cells as compared to plant cells? Why is it essential to supplement animal cell culture media with serum?
14. Interspecific cross leads to formation of sterile seeds. What could be the reasons for the same and how can the embryo rescue be achieved?
15. Name three enzymes used in cloning and write one function of each
16. Explain with an example, how proteins can be engineered to improve their properties.
17. Differentiate between structural and functional genomics.
18. Describe how Agrobacterium tumefaciens can be used to introduce foreign gene into plants.
19. What are edible vaccines? How are they better than conventional vaccines?
20. There are several concerns being raised in accepting transgenic crops. List any six of them.
21. What is Molecular Pharming? Write any four advantages of expressing transgenic proteins in milk.
22. Schematically depict the steps involved in FISH technique and write its one application.
23. What is insertional activation? Describe a visual method of screening the transformed host cells.
24. Gene Prediction by computers is different from number of genes identified by experimental methods. Why is it so? Is there any correlation between the complexity of an organism and the total number of genes in its genome? Justify
25. Describe the important parts of a mass spectrometer with diagram. Why has this technique become important in studying proteins?
26. Explain with suitable diagram, the principle and steps involved in Sanger’s method of DNA sequencing.
27. What do you mean by aqueous two-phase partition process for separation of proteins ? What precautions should be taken to maximise protein stability during purification steps ?
What are nutraceutical proteins ? Why is curd considered pro-biotic? Whey is a nutraceutical protein. Justify.
28. Define SNPs. Describe a possible use of this technique in medicine. How do the physicians decide our susceptibility or resistance to a particular disease through this technique ? Explain with the help of an example.
Name four major databases for bioinformatics with their respective information contents. Name any database retrieval tool and its application.
These are questions only. To view and download complete question paper with solution install myCBSEguide App from google play store or login to our student dashboard.
CBSE Question Paper 2015 class 12 Biotechnology
Download class 12 Biotechnology question paper with solution from best CBSE App the myCBSEguide. CBSE class 12 Biotechnology question paper 2015 in PDF format with solution will help you to understand the latest question paper pattern and marking scheme of the CBSE board examination. You will get to know the difficulty level of the question paper.
Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 in PDF
CBSE question papers 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 and so on for all the subjects are available under this download link. Practicing real question paper certainly helps students to get confidence and improve performance in weak areas.
- Business Studies
- Political Science
- Physical Education
- Computer Science
- Informatics Practices
- English Core
- Hindi Core
- Hindi Elective
- Other Subjects
To download CBSE Question Paper class 12 Accountancy, Chemistry, Physics, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies, and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now