Previous Year Question Paper – Download in PDF
CBSE Question Paper 2013 Class 12 Political Science conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi in the month of March 2013. CBSE previous year question papers with the solution are available in the myCBSEguide mobile app and website. The Best CBSE App for students and teachers is myCBSEguide which provides complete study material and practice papers to CBSE schools in India and abroad.
Question Paper 2013 Class 12 Political Science
Class 12 Political Science list of chapters
Part A – Contemporary World Politics
- The Cold War Era
- The End of Bipolarity
- US Hegemony in World Politics
- Alternative Centres of Power
- Contemporary South Asia
- International Organisations
- Security in the Contemporary World
- Environment and Natural Resources
Part B – Politics In India Since Independence
- Challenges of nation building
- An era of one-party dominance
- Politics of planned development
- India’s external relations
- Challenges to and restoration of the Congress system
- The crisis of democratic order
- The rise of popular movements
- Regional aspirations
- Recent developments in Indian politics
CBSE Question Paper 2013 Class 12 Political Science
- All questions are compulsory.
- Questions number 1 – 10 are of 1 mark each. The answers to these questions should not exceed 20 words each.
- Questions number 11 – 20 are of 2 marks each. The answers to these questions should not exceed 40 words each.
- Questions number 21 – 30 are of 4 marks each. The answers to these questions should not exceed 100 words each.
- Questions number 31 – 35 are of 6 marks each. The answers to these questions should not exceed 150 words each.
- Question number 30 is a map-based question. Write its answers in your answer-book
1. What is meant by ‘9/11’ in the context of U.S.A.?
2. Correct the following statement and rewrite:
ASEAN stands for ‘Association of South East African Nation’.
3. How many Permanent Members and how many Non-Permanent Members does the U.N. Security Council have?
4. What is mean by ‘Security’?
5. What is the ‘Two Nation Theory’ advanced by the Muslim League?
6. Name the founder Present of the Congress Socialist Party. What name was given to this Party after 1948?
7. After which general Election in India did Congress Party lose its dominance for the first time at the Centre?
8. After the death of Lal Bahadur Shastri, which two leaders of the Congress Party contested against one another to become the leader of the Congress Parliamentary Party?
9. Name the popular movement which demanded that no forest exploiting contract should be given to an outsider
10. From which year did the era of Coalition Governments at the Centre begin in India?
11. Name the two superpowers responsible for the Cold War. When did the world become unipolar?
12. What is meant by ‘Shock Therapy’?
13. When was the ASEAN Regional Forum established? What was its main objective?
14. Explain the traditional concept of ‘Security’?
15. Why are International Organizations like the U.N. required?
16. Which four Princely States of Indian initially resisted to join the Indian Union?
17. Which are the two models of development? Which model of development was adopted by India?
18. What is India’s Policy of Non-alignment?
19. Mention any two issues of concern related to development projects such as Sardar Sarovar Project
20. Highlight any two recommendations of the Mandal Commission.
21. Explain any two reasons for the disintegration of the U.S.S.R
22. List any four ‘Directive Principles of State Policy’. Given in the Constitution of India for the Promotion of International peace and security
23. Describe any two constraints on American Hegemony.
24. Describe any two major issues of conflict between India and Pakistan Leading to the War of 1971.
25. Identify and explain any four new sources of threat to security.
26. Explain any four consequences of globalization.
27. Explain any four reasons for the dominance of the Congress Party in the first three General Elections.
28. Explain any four reasons for the dominance of the Congress Party in the first Where and when was the organization ‘Dalit Panthers’ formed? Describe any three of its activities.
29. Why is the ‘Emergency’ and the period around it known as the period of Constitutional crisis? Explain.
30. In the given Political Outline Map of Europe, four member countries of the European Union have been marked A, B, C, and D. Identify them with the help of information given below and write their correct names in your answer-book along with their respective serial number and the alphabet concerned:
i. An older member of the European Union Located between Portugal and France.
ii. An older member of the European Union located near Belgium and Netherlands.
iii. Two new members of the European Union.
EUROPEAN UNION MAP
31. Study the passage given below carefully and answer the questions that follow:
The best way to respond to regional aspirations is through democratic negotiations rather than through suppression. Look at the situation in the eighties – militancy had erupted in Punjab; problems were persisting in the North-East; students in Assam were agitating; Kashmir Valley was on the boil. Instead of treating these as simple law and order problems, the Government of India reached negotiated settlement with regional movements.
i) How are regional aspirations dangerous for the unity of the country?
ii) What is meant by democratic negotiations?
iii) Who was leading the agitation in Assam?
iv) What steps were taken by the Government of India to respond to the regional aspirations?
Study the passage given below and answer the questions that follow:
In fact, the BSP under Kanshi Ram’s leadership was envisaged as an organization based on pragmatic politics. It derived confidence from the fact that the Bhajans (SCs, STs, OBCs and religious minorities) constituted the majority of the population and were a formidable political force on the strength of their number.
i) Which organization was formed by Kanshi Ram?
ii) Give the full form of BSP.
iii) Name any two religious minorities.
iv) Why are the Bahujans considered a formidable political force?
32. ‘States have common but differentiated responsibilities towards environment.’
Analyze the statement giving suitable examples.
Analyze India’s stand on environmental issues.
33. Explain any three consequences of the partition of British India in 1947.
Explain the process and basis of the reorganization of States of India Union
34. Was the declaration of emergency in 1975 necessary?’ Support your answer
with any three suitable arguments.
Explain any three lessons learned from the emergency imposed in 1975.
35. What was the Soviet System? Assess any four features of the Soviet System.
Examine the relevance of the Non-aligned Movement after the Cold War era.
These are questions only. To view and download complete question paper with solution install myCBSEguide App from google play store or log in to our student dashboard.
Last Year Question Paper Class 12 Political Science 2013
Download class 12 Political question paper with the solution from best CBSE App the myCBSEguide. CBSE class 12 Political Science question paper 2013 in PDF format with the solution will help you to understand the latest question paper pattern and marking scheme of the CBSE board examination. You will get to know the difficulty level of the question paper.
Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 in PDF
CBSE question papers 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 and so on for all the subjects are available under this download link. Practicing real question paper certainly helps students to get confidence and improve performance in weak areas.
- Business Studies
- Physical Education
- Computer Science
- Informatics Practices
- English Core
- Hindi Core
- Hindi Elective
- Other Subjects
To download CBSE Question Paper class 12 Accountancy, Chemistry, Physics, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies, and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now