Complete Guide for CBSE Students
NCERT Solutions, NCERT Exemplars, Revison Notes, Free Videos, CBSE Papers, MCQ Tests & more.Download Now
CBSE Question Paper 2012 class 12 Economics conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi in the month of March 2012. CBSE previous year question papers with solution are available in myCBSEguide mobile app and cbse guide website. The Best CBSE App for students and teachers is myCBSEguide which provides complete study material and practice papers to cbse schools in India and abroad.
CBSE Question Paper 2012 class 12 Economics
Class 12 Economics list of chapters
- National income accounting
- Money and Banking
- Income Determination
- The Government Budget and Economy
- Open Economy Macroeconomics
- Theory of consumer behaviour
- Production and Costs
- Theory of the Firm Under Perfect Competition
- Market Equilibrium
- Non Competitive Markets
CBSE Question Paper 2012 class 12 Economics
- All questions in both the sections are compulsory.
- Marks for questions are indicated against each.
- Question No. 1-5 and 17-21 are very short answer questions carrying 1 mark for each part. They are required to be answered in o sentence each.
- Question Nos. 6-10 and 22-26 are short answer questions carrying 3 marks each. Answer to them should not normally exceed 60 words each.
- Question Nos. 11-13 and 27-29 are also short answer questions carrying 4 marks each. Answer to them should not normally exceed 70 words each.
- Question Nos. 14-16 and 30-32 are long answer questions carrying 6 marks each. Answers to them should not normally exceed 100 words each.
- Answers should be brief and to the point and the above word limits be adhered to as far as possible.
SECTION – A
1. What is the behaviour of average revenue in a market in which a firm can sell more only by lowering the price?
2. What is a price taker firm?
3. What is Market Demand?
4. What is the behaviour of average fixed cost as output increases?
5. Give meaning of an Economy.
6. State reasons why does an economic problem arise?
7. Draw average Variable Cost, Average Total Cost and Marginal Cost Curves in a single diagram.
8. Explain the implication of large number of buyers in a perfectly competitive market.
Explain why are firms mutually interdependent in an oligopoly market.
9. A producers invests his own saving in starting a business and employs and employs a manager to look after it. Identify implicit and explicit costs from this information. Explain.
10. Given price of a good, how does a consumer decide as to how much of that good to buy?
11. Define an indifference map. Explain why an indifference curve to the right shows higher utility level.
12. A consumer buys 20 units of a good at a price of Rs 5 per unit. He incurs an expenditure of Rs 120 when he buys 24 units. Calculate price elasticity of demand using the percentage method. Comment upon the likely shape of demand curve based on this information.
13. What does the law of Variable proportions show? State the behaviour of total product according to this law.
Explain how changes in prices of other product influence the supply of a given product.
14. Explain the conditions of a producer’s equilibrium in terms of marginal cost and marginal revenue. Use diagram.
15. Market for a good is in equilibrium. There is simultaneous “increase” both in demand and supply of the good. Explain its effect on market price.
Market for a good is in equilibrium. There is simultaneous “decrease” both in demand and supply of the good. Explain its effect on market price.
16. Explain how do the following influence demand for a good:
(i) Rise in income of the consumer.
(ii) Fall in prices of the related goods.
SECTION – B
17. Define a Tax.
18. Give meaning of managed floating exchange rate.
19. Define capital goods.
20. What are demand deposits?
21. Define stock variable.
22. Find Net Value Added at Market Price:
|(i) Output sold (units)||800|
|(ii) Price per unit of output (Rs)||20|
|(iii) Excise (Rs)||1,600|
|(iv) Import duty (Rs)||400|
|(v) Net change in stocks (Rs)||(-) 500|
|(vi) Depreciation (Rs)||1,000|
|(vii) Intermediate Cost (Rs)||8,000|
23. Outline the steps taken in deriving saving curve from the consumption curve. Use diagram.
24. Distinguish between Revenue Expenditure and Capital Expenditure in a government budget. Give examples.
Explain the role of Government budget in allocation of resources.
25. Find consumption expenditure from the following:
Autonomous consumption = 100 (Rs)
Marginal propensity to consume = 0.70
National Income = 1,000 (Rs)
26. Explain the significance of the ‘Store of Value’ function of money.
27. Giving reason explain how should the following be treated in estimating national income:
(i) Interest paid by banks on deposits by individuals.
(ii) National debt interest.
28. Explain the components of Legal Reserve Ratio.
Explain ‘bankers’ bank, function of Central bank.
29. Explain ‘revenue deficit’ in a Government budget? What does it indicate?
30. Find out (a) Gross National Product at Market Price and (b) Net Current Transfers from Abroad:
|(i) Net indirect tax||35|
|(ii) Private final consumption expenditure||500|
|(iii) Net national disposable income||750|
|(iv) Closing stock||10|
|(v) Government final consumption expenditure||150|
|(vi) Net domestic fixed capital formation||100|
|(vii) Net factor income to abroad||(-)15|
|(viii) Net imports||20|
|(ix) Opening stock||10|
|(x) Consumption of fixed capital||50|
31. Explain the concept of ‘excess demand’ in macroeconomics. Also explain the role of ‘open market operation’ in correcting it.
Explain the concept of ‘deficient demand’ in macroeconomics. Also explain the role of Bank Rate in correcting it.
32. Explain the distinction between autonomous and accommodating transactions in balance of payments. Also explain the concept of balance of payment ‘deficit’ in this context.
These are questions only. To view and download complete question paper with solution install myCBSEguide App from google play store or login to our student dashboard.
Last Year Question Paper Class 12 Economics 2012
Download class 12 Economics question paper with solution from best CBSE App the myCBSEguide. CBSE class 12 Economics question paper 2012 in PDF format with solution will help you to understand the latest question paper pattern and marking scheme of the CBSE board examination. You will get to know the difficulty level of the question paper.
Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 in PDF
CBSE question papers 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 209, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 and so on for all the subjects are available under this download link. Practicing real question paper certainly helps students to get confidence and improve performance in weak areas.
- Business Studies
- Political Science
- Physical Education
- Computer Science
- Informatics Practices
- English Core
- Hindi Core
- Hindi Elective
- Other Subjects
To download CBSE Question Paper class 12 Accountancy, Chemistry, Physics, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create Papers with your Name & LogoTry it Now (Free)