Complete Guide for CBSE Students
NCERT Solutions, NCERT Exemplars, Revison Notes, Free Videos, CBSE Papers, MCQ Tests & more.Download Now
CBSE Question Paper 2005 class 12 English Core conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi in the month of March 2005. CBSE previous year question papers with solution are available in myCBSEguide mobile app and cbse guide website. The Best CBSE App for students and teachers is myCBSEguide which provides complete study material and practice papers to cbse schools in India and abroad.
CBSE Question Paper 2005 class 12 English Core
Class 12 English Core list of chapters
- The Last Lesson
- Lost Spring
- Deep Water
- The Rattrap
- Going Places
- My Mother at Sixty-Six
- An Elementary School Classroom in a Slum
- Keeping Quiet
- A Thing of Beauty
- Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers
- Memories of Childhood
- Evans Tries an O-Level
- On the Face of it
- Should Wizard Hit Mommy?
- The Enemy
- The Tiger King
- The Invisible Man
CBSE Question Paper 2005 class 12 English Core
- This paper is divided into three sections: A, B and C. All the sections are compulsory.
- Separate instructions are given with each section and question, wherever necessary. Read these instructions very carefully and follow them faithfully.
- Do not exceed the prescribed word limit while answering the questions.
SECTION – A
Q. 1. Read the passage carefully and answer the questions given below:
1. America has a highly-developed health care system, which is available to all people. Although it can be very complex and frustrating at times, it has come a long way from the health care organizations of yesterday. Previously, most health care facilities were a place where the sick were housed and cared for until death. Physicians rarely practiced in hospitals and only those who were fortunate could afford proper care at home or in private clinics. Today the level of health care has excelled tremendously: Presently the goal of the health care is to have a continuum of care for the patient, one which is integrated at all levels. Many hospitals offer a referral service or discharge plan to patients who are being dis charged. Plans for the patient are discussed with a discharge planner. The discharge planner is a person who is trained in assessing what the patient’s requirements for health care will be after discharge from the hospital. This enables the patients to continue their care at a level which is most appropriate for them. Items reviewed for discharge planning include but are not limited to therapies, medication needs, living arrangements and identification of specific goals. A few of the options that are available for persons being discharged from an acute care hospital can include home health care, assisted living facilities, long term care or hospice.
2. According to Growing Old in America (1996), “Home health care is one of the fastest growing segments of the health care industry Alternatives for home care can meet bo1 the medical and non-medical needs of a patient. These services are provided to patients and their families in their home or place of residence. Home care is a method of delivering nursing care and other therapies as required by the patient s needs. Numerous alternatives a available for persons seeking health care at home. With transportable technologies such as durable medical equipment, oxygen supply and intravenous fluids, there are countless possibilities for treatment within the home setting. As stated in The Continuum of Long Term Care, “Home health programmes range from formal organizations providing skilled nursing care to relatively informal networks that arrange housekeeping for friends.” This has allowed for home care to quickly become an essential component of the health care delivery system in the United States.
3. In a home health care situation the primary caregiver is usually not the physician. The physician is communicated with by phone and with documentation from the caregivers. The primary caregivers are usually the nurses and other team members who are involved directly with the patient’s care. But, the original order to begin home care must be initiated by the physician if skilled care is to be obtained. According to the 1995 Guide to Health Insurance for People with Medicare, “Medicare pays the frill cost of medically necessary home health visits by a Medicare approved home health agency.” This coverage must meet specific criteria, but it can be a relief to family members to know that their loved ones can be taken care of at home without worrying about the expenses.
4. Unfortunately, if the care to be given within the home is termed “not medically necessary”, the expense is not covered. This can include items such as meal and medication delivery, a percentage of necessary durable medical equipment, personal care and home maker services. Health care services that are not included can become quite numerous. It is often difficult for family members to understand why specific services are not covered especially when they appear to be necessary for the care of the patient. These costs can add up quickly and the impact of the cost can become quite distressing for family members and patients on a limited budget. In these cases, a social worker is usually provided to help the patient and family explore other avenues which may enable them to cover their health care costs.
5. Assisted living is an arrangement to residents of a facility that enables them to complete certain daily activities while remaining independent. The services provided enable the resident to achieve maximum function of their activities of daily ljving. The services of unskilled and non-specialized personnel provide the activities essential to the care of the resident. These services help assist the aged, blind, disabled and other functionally limited individuals with necessary daily activities which they require help with or are unable to perform on their own. Examples of some of the services which may be available are light housekeeping, meal preparation, medication reminders and personal care. The personal care does not include specific health oriented services which would require the services of a certified or licensed professional. It is stated well in Aging, “Although the level of services provided may vary, assisted living communities all share common goal, enabling people to live as active and independent a life as possible.”
a. Answer the following briefly:
i. In what way is present day health care different from the olden days in USA? (2)
ii. Who is a discharge planner? What does he do? (2)
iii. What are the two advantages of home health care? (2)
iv. How is ‘Assisted living’ beneficial to an ailing person? (2)
v. Whose help can be given to an economically backward patient? (1)
b. Pick out a word from the passage which means the same as: (1 x 3 = 3)
i. estimating (para 1)
ii. long lasting (para 2)
iii. examine thoroughly (para 4)
Q. 2. Read the passage carefully and answer the questions given below
With society changing at a constant speed one thing remains steady our need and desire to learn. Although the classroom is viewed as a traditional setting for learning, it too is changing and evolving at lightning speed. With a growing population, continual techno logical advances and the constant demand for a valuable education, these institutions must continue to provide the materials to meet these changes. Even though it has existed for some time, a growing trend is distance education, as it is quickly becoming an integral part of the learning experience at all levels of higher education. Distance education has traditionally been referred to as correspondence, whereby the student completes the course by mail from another town or city other than that in which the school is located. The student is supplied with the necessary materials — books, tapes or videos and it is upto them to complete assignments by the deadline.
The appeal of distance education is that the students are allowed to complete the course at their own pace on their own schedule. The student has the choice of completing a few courses, perhaps out of interest or as a stepping stow’ for their career. With the growing number of accredited institutions there are numerous opportunities available to students wishing to rich their lives with a certificate, diploma or degree. The newest trend to hit the distance education scene is the virtual classroom or distance education online. This has opened up a whole new world of opportunities for students.
Many schools are now offering distance education courses online with students receiving all course materials and grades as well as handing in assignments, communicating with professors/instructors or chatting with fellow students over the internet. It is also easier for students to access their instructor for clarification about assignment, grades or questions about their courses. From an international perspective, distance education online now gives pupils a chance to easily study at school in other countries. Canadian and international pupils now have the chance to explore each other’s education systems without the hassle of acquiring a student visa or incurring expensive travel costs.
A few tips to think about before pursuing distance education Students should be self- disciplined and motivated and should make sure they have the available time during the week to complete the work. Research your institution before enrolling, make sure it’s ac credited, so you know your certificate, diploma or degree will be recognized upon completion. If you are taking this program the as a requirement for a job, make sure your current or potential place of employment will recognize your certificate upon completion. Ask others who have already taken your course or another programme from the same institution about their experience with the programme or school. Ask yourself what level of involvement you would like from your instructor or other students.
With the number of students who now seek a post-secondary education, ‘this option offers them a unique opportunity to learn in a new environment. Some students may opt for a combination of online and classroom programs while others may choose 100 per cent online.
a. On the basis of your reading of this passage, make notes on it using recognizable abbreviations (minimum four) wherever necessary. Supply a suitable title also. (5)
b. Write a summary of the passage in about 80 words. (3)
SECTION – B
(ADVANCED WRITING SKILL)
Q. 3. You are Roshan/Rashmi planning to open a Yoga club in your city. Design a poster highlighting the importance of Yoga and giving the necessary information about the club in about 50 words. (5)
You are Anita Raj, Head Girl of Lucknow Public School. Write a notice on behalf of your school inviting all the grandparents of the students your school to celebrate World Elders’ Day. (Word limit – 50 words) (5)
Q. 4. You are Suresh/Shalini, Special Correspondent of The Times of India. You have visited the places in the city devastated by terrorism. Write a report on the loss of lives and the immense damage caused to the property. (100 — 125 words) (10)
You are Nandan/Nalini working with an NGO (Non-Governmental Organisation). After visiting a home for the aged, you were moved by the condition of the inmates of the home. You organized a campaign to mobilize funds and awaken the conscience of the society. Write a report on it to be published in a local daily. (100 — 125 words) (10)
Q. 5. Write a letter to the editor of a national daily expressing your concern over the misuse of media for the sake of publicity and promotion of sales You are Mohan/Manju, 7/A, Gulmohar Park, Chennai.
You are Mohit/Meera, Sales Manager, Gulmohar Pvt. Ltd. 10/B, Gandhi Road, Lucknow. You received a letter from the Principal, Sun Public School, New Delhi about the undue delay in the delivery of books from your company. Write a suitable reply to the Principal explaining the reasons for the delay and the measures that you intend to take. (10)
Q. 6. ‘To use latest technology the right way, is in the hands of the youth of today’. Write an article in about 200 words discouraging the misuse of technological products like cell phone, computer etc. and highlighting the need to use them to promote harmony and goodwill in the society. You are Mathew/Maria, a social worker. (10)
Our villagers still do not have adequate facilities for commutation even after years of independence. Write an article in about 200 words urging the government and private agencies to take measures to make commutation facile for our villagers. You are Mohan/Meena. (10)
These are First 6 questions. To view and download complete question paper with solution install myCBSEguide App from google play store or login to our student dashboard.
Last Year Question Paper Class 12 English Core 2006
Download class 12 English Core question paper with solution from best CBSE App the myCBSEguide. CBSE class 12 English Core question paper 2006 in PDF format with solution will help you to understand the latest question paper pattern and marking scheme of the CBSE board examination. You will get to know the difficulty level of the question paper.
Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 in PDF
CBSE question papers 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 and so on for all the subjects are available under this download link. Practicing real question paper certainly helps students to get confidence and improve performance in weak areas.
- Business Studies
- Political Science
- Physical Education
- Computer Science
- Informatics Practices
- English Core
- Hindi Core
- Hindi Elective
- Other Subjects
To download CBSE Question Paper class 12 Accountancy, Chemistry, Physics, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies, and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
Create Papers with your Name & LogoTry it Now (Free)