CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
CBSE has released the first term OMR sheet. It is not a common OMR sheet but it has many features that you will never find in any other OMR sheet. This article will guide you on how to fill the first term OMR Sheet and avoid mistakes.
How CBSE First Term OMR is Different?
As discussed, CBSE’s first term OMR Sheet is not like other OMR sheets. It has a special box to write your response and a circle to specify if you are NOT attempting a question. These two features make it a hybrid kind of sheet. This first term OMR Sheet needs to be evaluated manually.
Surprisingly, the response provided by darkening the circles can be different from that is provided in the box. And the biggest surprise is that CBSE will count only responses provided in the box.
It means if you are not darkening the circles but writing the response in the box, your sheet will be evaluated. So, filling the box is mandatory whereas filling the given circles is optional. What an OMR Sheet !!! Only CBSE can do it.
Yes. It’s good to have all details prefilled. So, students need not write even his/her name and roll numbers. Everything will be printed there. They just need to sign the page stating that all details are correctly filled in. The only thing that students will fill in is the question paper code.
The OMR sheets are not hard paper sheets as you find in all other exams. These sheets will be printed by the school (exam centre) just half an hour before the exam. So, students will get their First Term OMR sheet in a simple A4 size normal printing paper.
- Details of the candidates will be pre-filled in the OMR.
- The candidate has to write a Question Paper Code in the upper right corner in the space provided for the same. Question Paper Code will be written on the Question Paper.
- The candidate has to write in his/her own hand in the space provided “I confirm that all particulars given above are correct” and sign in the running hand on OMR.
- Only a Blue/Black ballpoint pen is to be used for filling in desired information and for giving responses. Use of pencil is strictly prohibited. If it is found that the candidate has used the pencil for filling OMR, this will be considered as the use of unfair means and action will be taken against the candidate as per unfair means rules.
How to Fill CBSE First Term OMR
- There is a space for answering 60 questions in an OMR irrespective of the total questions given in the Question Papers of any subject. Candidates will use maximum circles as per the total questions given in the Question Paper for giving responses. This should be only in serial.
- Answers given after the maximum question number will not be evaluated. Meaning thereby, if there are 45 questions in some Question Papers and the candidate is changing Question no 46 in OMR and writing this question as 45 and then giving the answer, it will not be evaluated.
- For giving a response, 4 circles i.e. (a), (b), (c), & (d) are given in front of each question in a row. Candidates once confident about the correctness of reply should darken the circle with a pen.
- After 4 circles are over, a box is given in the same row. Candidates have to write the correct option in this box i.e. a or b or c or d as the answer is.
- After the box, again a circle is given ahead of the box wherein the question number is also written inside the circle. This circle is to be darkened by the candidates if they have not attempted this question.
- Candidates are advised that first of all, they should mark the response by darkening the circle. If fully satisfied then they should write a response in a box. The purpose of giving a box is only that if any candidate wishes to change the response, the same be written in the box.
- Even if a candidate is satisfied with darkening the circle, this response has to be written in the box. Candidates have to reply both in a circle and in a box.
- Reply written in the box will be treated as final.
- If the box is empty and the response is marked in the circle, it will be considered that the Question has not been attempted by the candidate.
- If the response is given in a box and the circle is left blank, it will be considered that the Question has been attempted by the candidate.
- If all the three i.e. 4 circles, box and last circle are left blank, it will be considered that the question has not been attempted.
Other Important Points
- Schools will download the OMRs in advance as per the schedule given in guidelines (to be provided by CBSE shortly).
- Centre Superintendent will keep the OMR safely under lock and key after downloading and will be used only on the day of examination after affixing the facsimile stamp of the Centre Superintendent.
- Schools are requested that based on the information provided by the CBSE, practice sessions may be organized for the students. Prior to the practice sessions, teachers must also get acquainted themself well with the OMR. Check the authenticity of this circular on the CBSE website.
Download CBSE Term-1 OMR Sheet 2021 PDF
Here is the download link to CBSE term-1 OMR sheet 2021 PDF. You can download the first term OMR sheet as PDF and use it for practice.
Are you Ready?
As you know the whole question paper will have only MCQs. So, practice is the key to success. The more you practice, the better you perform. Here, you can attempt Mock Tests based on the CBSE First Term syllabus on the myCBSEguide App.
If you don’t have an android device, you can attempt the Term-1 Mock Tests on any device at Student Dashboard. Make sure that you have attempted all types of questions including normal MCQs, Case Study Questions, Assertion & Reason type questions etc.
(1) myCBSEguide App