CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
CBSE Class 9 Home Science Syllabus 2022-23 includes Concept and scope of Home Science Education and recent trends, Human growth & Development – I, Family and Values, Food, Nutrition and Health, Resource Management etc for the session 2022 – 2023. Here is the detailed syllabus. To download class 9 Home Science CBSE latest sample question papers for the 2023 exams, please install the myCBSEguide App which is the best mobile app for CBSE students. The myCBSEguide app not only provides you the CBSE class 9 Home Science model question papers but it also provides class 9 Home Science chapter-wise test papers, class 9 Home Science best revision notes and other study material for class 9 Home Science students.
CBSE Class – 9
Home Science (Code No. 064)
Theory: 70 Marks
Practical: 30 Marks
Time: 3 Hrs.
|No.||Units||Marks||No. of Pd.|
|1||Concept and scope of Home Science Education and recent trends||03||05|
|2||Human growth & Development – I||08||25|
|3||Family and Values||08||20|
|4||Food, Nutrition and Health||15||45|
|5||Fiber and Fabric||15||34|
|7||Measures of Safety and Management of Emergencies||07||17|
Unit I: Concept and scope of Home Science Education and recent trends
- Concept of Home science
- Fields of Home Science
- Relevance of study of Home Science and career options
- Recent trends
Unit II: Human Growth & Development-I
- Concept of growth and development
- Principles of growth and development
- Factors affecting growth and development (environmental and heredity)
- Age-specific milestones (Birth to 3 years)-Physical, motor, social, emotional, cognitive and language
Unit III: Family and Values
- Concept and types of family
- Role of family in Holistic development of an individual (Physical, Social, Psychological and Spiritual)
- Ethical and value-based society (need for happy family, respect and care for each member of family, Dignity of labour, work distribution within the family)
- Importance of Girl Child
- Influence of various factors on a family: Globalisation, Urbanisation, Migration, Technology and Media.
Unit IV: Food, Nutrition and Health
- Definition of Food, Nutrition, Nutrient, Health and Nutritional Status.
- Food and its functions (Physiological, Social and Psychological)
- Nutrients: sources and functions
- Relationship of Food, Health and Diseases
- Malnutrition: concepts and components (over nutrition and under nutrition)
- Concept of Balanced Diet
- Methods of cooking and processing
- Cooking methods: Dry methods, moist methods, combination, methods
- Processing methods: Germination, Fermentation, Mutual supplementation /Combination
- Conservation of nutrients while cooking and processing
Unit V: Fibre and Fabric
- Definition of Fiber and Yarn
- Classification of fiber on the basis of origin and length
- Characteristics of fibers: feel, appearance, colour fastness, length, strength, absorbency, shrinkage, elasticity, effect of heat and sunlight.
- Methods of construction of fabric – brief description of weaving, knitting and felting.
- Selection of fabric: Factors affecting selection of fabric (age, purpose, occupation, fashion, figure, climate, comfort and cost).
Unit VI: Resource Management
- Resources: Definition and characteristics
- Types of resources (Human: Time, Energy, Knowledge and attitude Non-Human: Money, materialistic goods and community resources)
- Waste Management – Need to refuse, reduce, reuse, repair and recycle waste
- Proper disposal of kitchen waste (Biodegradable: Composting, Vermicomposting, Biogas and Bagass. Non-Biodegradable: Inceneration, Land fills and Recycle)
Unit VII: Measures of Safety and Management of Emergencies
- Accident-prone / Unsafe Zones at home
- Need of safety at home
- Measures of safety against burns, electric shocks, cuts, fractures, bites, poisoning
- First Aid: Concept and Importance
Practicals – 30 Marks
- Observation of physical development in a child from birth to three years
- Observation of motor skills in a child from birth to 3 years.
- Role of family members: collage / chart etc.
- Design educational games specific to functions or sources of nutrients.
- Weights and measures: Equivalents/conversions of Ounce, gram, cup, teaspoon, tablespoon, how to use a kitchen weighing scale.
- Identification of fruits, vegetables, spices, oils, sugars, cereals and lentils.
- Food processing method demonstration: Germination and Fermentation.
- Collection and Identification of fibre: physical charateristics and burning tests.
- Create a slogan or poster for proper disposal of domestic waste.
- Prepare a first aid kit and practice giving first aid for burns, cuts, bites, fractures, electric shocks (group activity)
Scheme For Practical Examination M.M-30
|a) Observation of physical development in a child from birth to three years|
Observation of motor skills in a child from birth to 3 years.
|b) Prepare and present a dish using germination OR fermentation(With fire/without fire)||7 Marks|
|c) Identification of fibre using physical characteristics and burning tests.||3 Marks|
|II.||First Aid Kit||5 Marks|
|III.||File Work||10 Marks|
Create question papers online with solution using our databank of 5,00,000+ questions and download as PDF with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now