CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
CBSE class 9 Home Science New Syllabus 2018-19 in PDF format for free download. Home Science syllabus for 2018 2019 class 9 CBSE is now available in myCBSEguide app. The curriculum for March 2019 exams is designed by CBSE, New Delhi as per NCERT text books for the session 2018-19.
Download CBSE Syllabus of Class 9th
- CBSE Syllabus Class 9 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus Class 9 Science
- CBSE Syllabus Class 9 Social Science
- CBSE Syllabus Class 9 English Communicative
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 English Language and Lit
- CBSE Syllabus Class 9 Hindi A
- CBSE Syllabus Class 9 Hindi B
- CBSE Syllabus Class 9 Sanskrit
- CBSE Syllabus Class 9 Foundation of IT
- CBSE Syllabus Class 9 Painting
- CBSE Syllabus Class 9 French
- CBSE Syllabus Class 9 Home science
- CBSE Syllabus Class 9 Music
CBSE class 9 Home Science New Syllabus 2018-19
Course Structure: Theory & Practical
Theory : 75 Marks
Time: 3 Hrs.
Practical : 25 Marks
|No.||Units||Marks||No. of Pd.|
|1||Concept and scope of Home Science Education and recent trends||03||05|
|2||Human growth & Development – I||10||25|
|3||Family and Values||08||20|
|4||Food, Nutrition and Health||17||45|
|5||Fiber and Fabric||15||34|
|7||Measures of Safety and Management of Emergencies||07||17|
Unit I : Concept and scope of Home Science Education and recent trends (05 Pd)
- Concept of Home science
- Fields of Home Science
- Relevance of study of Home Science and career options
- Recent trends
Unit II : Human Growth & Development – I (25 Pd)
- Concept of growth and development
- Principles of growth and development
- Factors affecting growth and development (environmental and heredity)
- Age specific milestones (Birth to adolescence)
Unit III : Family and Values (20 Pd)
- Concept and types of family
- Role of family in Holistic development of an individual (Physical, Social, Psychological and spiritual)
- Ethical and value based society (need for happy family, respect and care for each member of family, Dignity of labour, work distribution within the family)
- Importance of Girl Child.
- Influence of various factors on a family : Globalisation, urbanisation, migration, technology and media.
Unit IV : Food, Nutrition and Health (45 Pd)
- Definition of food, nutrition, nutrient, Health and nutritional status.
- Food and its functions (Physiological, social and psychological)
- Nutrients : sources and functions
- Relationship of food, health and diseases
- Malnutrition : concepts and components (over nutrition and under nutrition)
- Concept of Balanced Diet
- Methods of cooking and processing
- Cooking methods : Dry methods, moist methods, combination methods
- Processing methods : Germination, Fermentation, Mutual supplementation / Combination
- Conservation of nutrients while cooking and processing
Unit V : Fibre and Fabric (34 Pd)
- Definition of Fiber and Yarn
- Classification of fiber on the basis of origin and length
- Characteristics of fibers : feel, appearance, colour fastness, length, strength, absorbency, shrinkage, elasticity, effect of heat and sunlight.
- Methods of construction of fabric – brief description of weaving, knitting and felting.
- Selection of fabric : Factors affecting selection of fabric (age, purpose, occupation, fashion, figure, climate, comfort and cost).
Unit VI : Resource Management (34 Pd)
- Resources : Definition and characteristics
- Types of resources (Human : Time, Energy, Knowledge and attitude Non-Human: Money, materialistic goods and community resources)
- Waste Management – Need to refuse, reduce, reuse, repair and recycle waste.
- Proper disposal of kitchen waste (Biodegradable : Composting, Vermicomposting, biogas and bagass. Non Biodegradable : Inceneration, Land fills and recycle)
Unit VII : Measures of Safety and Management of Emergencies (17 Pd)
- Accident prone / Unsafe Zones at home
- Need of safety at home
- Measures of safety against burns, electric shocks, cuts, fractures, bites, poisoning
- First Aid : Concept and Importance
40 Periods (25 Marks)
[Distribution of Marks : 3 Marks per unit (Unit No. 2 – 7)]
- Observation of motor skills in three year old child.
- Behavioural changes in an adolescent through observation method among peer group.
- Role of family members : collage / chart etc.
- Design educational games specific to functions / sources of nutrients.
- Identification and use of kitchen tools and appliances : at least any five e.g. refrigerator, cooking gas, mixer-grinder, microwave, smokeless chulas, pressure cooker etc.
- Weights and measures : Equivalents / conversions of Ounce, gram, cup, teaspoon, tablespoon, how to use a kitchen weighing scale.
- Identification of fruits, vegetables, spices, oils, sugars, cereals, and lentils.
- Food processing method demonstration : Germination and Fermentation.
- Collection and Identification of fabrics, physical and burning tests.
- Take a case study of a house for disposal of kitchen waste and encourage segregation of biodegradable and non biodegradable waste, through creating slogans / posters etc.
- Prepare a first aid kit and practice giving first aid for burns, cuts, bites, fractures, electric shocks. (group activity)
- File work (4 Marks)
- Viva Voce (3 Marks)
CBSE class 9 Home Science New Syllabus 2018-19
Design of the Question Paper
The weightage of the distribution of marks over different dimensions of the question paper for classes IX & X shall be as follows :
Time: 3 Hrs.
Theory : 75 MarksPra
ctical : 25 Marks
Weightage of Content-Unit (2018-19)
|1||Concept and scope of Home Science Education and recent trends||03|
|2||Human growth & Development – I||10|
|3||Family and Values||08|
|4||Food, Nutrition and Health||17|
|5||Fiber and Fabric||15|
|7||Measures of Safety and Management of Emergencies||07|
Note: No Chapter wise weightage, care should be taken to cover all chapters.