CBSE Class 11 Physical Education Syllabus 2022-23 includes Changing Trends & Career in Physical Education, Physical Education & Sports for CWSN, Physical Fitness, Health and Wellness etc for the session 2022 – 2023. Here is the detailed syllabus. To download class 11 Physical Education CBSE latest sample question papers for the 2023 exams, please install the myCBSEguide App which is the best mobile app for CBSE students. The myCBSEguide app not only provides you the CBSE class 11 Physical Education model question papers but it also provides class 11 Physical Education chapter-wise test papers, class 11 Physical Education best revision notes and other study material for class 11 Physical Education students.
Class 11 Physical Education Mobile App
CBSE Class – 11
Physical education (Code No. 048)
Max. Marks 70
Unit I Changing Trends & Career in Physical Education
- Concept, Aims & Objectives of Physical Education
- Changing Trends in Sports- playing surface, wearable gears and sports equipment, technological advancements
- Career Options in Physical Education
- Khelo-India and Fit-India Program
Unit II Olympism
- Ancient and Modern Olympics
- Olympism – Concept and Olympics Values (Excellence, Friendship & Respect)
- Olympics – Symbols, Motto, Flag, Oath, and Anthem
- Olympic Movement Structure – IOC, NOC, IFS, Other members
Unit III Yoga
- Meaning & Importance of Yoga
- Introduction to Ashtanga Yoga
- Introduction to Yogic Kriyas (Shat Karma)
Unit IV Physical Education & Sports for CWSN (Children With Special Needs- Divyang)
- Concept of Disability and Disorder
- Types of Disability, its causes & nature (Intellectual disability, Physical disability)
- Aim & Objective of Adaptive Physical Education
- Role of various professionals for children with special needs (Counsellor, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Physical Education Teacher, Speech Therapist & Special Educator)
Unit V Physical Fitness, Health and Wellness
- Meaning and Importance of Wellness, Health and Physical Fitness
- Components/Dimensions of Wellness, Health and Physical Fitness
- Traditional Sports & Regional Games for promoting wellness
Unit VI Test, Measurement & Evaluation
- Concept of Test, Measurement & Evaluation in Physical Education & sports.
- Classification of Test in Physical Education and Sports.
- Test administration guidelines in physical education and sports
Unit VII Fundamentals of Anatomy, Physiology in Sports
- Definition and Importance of Anatomy and Physiology in exercise and sports
- Functions of Skeletal system, classification of bone and types of joints.
- Function and Structure of Circulatory system and heart.
- Function and Structure of Respiratory system.
Unit VIII Fundamentals of Kinesiology and Biomechanics in Sports
- Definition and Importance of Kinesiology and Biomechanics in sports
- Principles of Biomechanics
- Types of Body Movements – Flexion, Extension, Abduction, Adduction, Rotation, Circumduction, Supination & Pronation
- Axis and Planes – Concept and its application in body movements
Unit IX Psychology & Sports
- Definition & Importance of Psychology in Physical Education & Sports
- Adolescent Problems & Their Management
- Team Cohesion and Sports
Unit X Training and Doping in Sports
- Concept and Principles of Sports Training
- Training Load: Over Load, Adaptation, and Recovery
- Concept of Doping and its disadvantages
Max. Marks 30
|01||Physical Fitness Test: SAI Khelo India Test, Brockport Physical Fitness Test (BPFT)*||6 Marks|
|02||Proficiency in Games and Sports|
(Skill of any one IOA recognised Sport/Game of Choice)**
|03||Yogic Practices||7 Marks|
|04||Record File ***||5 Marks|
|05||Viva Voce (Health/ Games & Sports/ Yoga)||5 Marks|
* Test for CWSN (any 4 items out of 27 items. One item from each component: Aerobic Function, Body Composition, Muscular strength & Endurance, Range of Motion or Flexibility)
**CWSN (Children With Special Needs – Divyang): Bocce/Boccia, Sitting Volleyball, Wheel Chair Basketball, Unified Badminton, Unified Basketball, Unified Football, Blind Cricket, Goalball, Floorball, Wheel Chair Races and Throws, or any other Sport/Game of choice. **Children With Special Needs can also opt any one Sport/Game from the list as alternative to Yogic Practices. However, the Sport/Game must be different from Test – ‘Proficiency in Games and Sports’
***Record File shall include:
Practical-1: Labelled diagram of 400 M Track & Field with computations.
Practical-2: Describe Changing Trends in Sports & Games in terms of changes in Playing surface, Wearable gears, Equipment, Technological advancements.
Practical-3: Labelled diagram of field & equipment of any one game of your choice out of the above list.
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now