CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
CBSE class 10 Spanish New Syllabus 2018-19 in PDF format for free download. Spanish New syllabus for 2018 2019 class 10 CBSE is now available in myCBSEguide app. The curriculum for March 2019 exams is designed by CBSE, New Delhi as per NCERT text books for the session 2018-19.
CBSE class 10 Spanish New Syllabus 2018-19
SPANISH (CODE: 096)
Aims & objectives: The aim is to strengthen the basic knowledge of the language imparted in Class IX and develop further the acquired skills.
- Reading Section:
A learner should be able to:
- identify the logical argument of a simple text; and
- understand the ideas implicit in the argument and extract key points from text, visual materials and graphics
- Writing Section
A learner should be able to:
- write short compositions on everyday life situations on family, friends, festivals, cultural events, city, etc. with emphasis on developing sentences with logical sequences;
- reproduce the grammatical components identified in the syllabus through written exercises; and
- use language appropriate to purpose and audience.
- Grammar Section:
- Reflexive tense and Impersonal ‘SE’
- Neutral <<LO>>
- Expressions of doubt – ‘seguramente / posiblemente’
- Double negation • Comparison of equality, superiority and inferiority
- Direct object pronoun
- Conjunction – ‘además, es que, etc.’
- Expressions such as <<Tener+Que/Deber+oinfinitivo>>/<<TENER QUE+infinitive>>/<<HAY QUE+infinitive>>/<<SE PUEDE+infinitive?>>/<<MEDAS+…?>>/<<LLEVAR+gerundio+tiempo>>
- TENER DOLER DE + Sustantivo
- Prepositions ‘POR / PARA’
- Use of verbs SER, ESTAR, PENSAR y CREER to express opinion
- Adjectiv <>
- Contrast muy / mucho 401
- Pretérito perfecto y pretérito indefinido: marcadores temporales del pasado
- Past Imperfect Tense: morphology and uses – Irregular forms of the verbs ser, ir
- Contrast between pretérito perfecto, pretérito indefinido y pretérito imperfecto
- Paraphrase <<pendar + infinitive>>, <<haberque +infinitive>>
- Consecutive conjunction – ‘por eso’
- Affirmative command – affirmative command (singular) + direct object pronoun
- Negative Command (Singular/Plural) + Direct Object Pronoun
- Idea of the subjunctive mood and basic uses of present subjunctive.
- Simple-Conditional <> (not inviting past)
- Direct & Indirect Object Pronoun
- Literature in simple Prose & Poetry:
- Besides the ones prescribed in Class-IX, the following authors may be added: Lope de Vega, Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer, Camilo José Cela, Gabriel García Márquez, Jorge Luis Borges, Mario Vargas Llosa.
- The learner is expected to know their important work and its subject matter. The learner should be able to write short paragraph using simple sentence structures.
Note for the teacher: (Some recommendations)
- The above content should be presented and integrated in didactic materials and communicative activities (related to school environment) inside the classroom in such a way that the learner develops the following competencies:
Phonetical and orthographical competencies:
- The following suggested lexicon to be integrated into materials and communicative activities in such a way that the student practice the target language in real context:
- Nuevo Español sin fronteras, ESF 2, by Jesús Sánchez Lobato, Concha Moreno García y Isabel Santos Gallego, SGEL, Madrid, 2007 (GOYAL SaaB)Efforts should be made to provide socio-cultural information of Spanish-speaking countries: lugares de interés turístico en el mundo hispano, principales premios del mundo de la culturateatro, cine, literatura-, horario comercial en el mundo hispano, signos específicos de algunos establecimientos (correos, estancos, etc.), actos sociales: bodas, nacimientos, etc., Principales autores de cuentos delmundo hispano, la sociedad española actual: el sistema de gobierno.
- Learner is also expected to profrom recitation exercises with short prose and poetic text as part of the practical exercise.
- The above-mentioned examples are suggestive in nature and the teacher depending on the needs of the students may improvise the same within the framework of the prescribed syllabus.
- Nuevo Español sin fronteras ESF 2, Workbook, by Sánchez Lobato, SGEL, Madrid, 2007 (GOYAL SaaB)
- Collins Gem Spanish School Dictionary, Collins, 2010 (GOYAL SaaB)
- Learn Spanish through games and activities (Level 1), by Pablo Rocío Domínguez, ELI Publishing, 2012
- en acción A1, (CD + workbook) by Elena Verdía, Marisa González, et. al., enClave ELE (2011) [Langers]
- Compañeros 2, (CD+Workbook) by Francisca Castro et.al., SGEL
Centro Virtual Cervantes:•
- “Mi mundo en palabras”, http://cvc.cervantes.es/ensenanza/mimundo/default. htm
- “Lecturas paso a paso” – http://cvc.cervantes.es/aula/lecturas/
CBSE class 10 Spanish New Syllabus 2018-19
The Question Paper will be of maximum 80 marks and will be divided into four sections:
|Section A: Reading Comprehension||20 marks|
|Section B: Written Expression||15 marks|
|Section C: Grammar||35 marks|
|Section D: Literature in simple prose||10 marks|
The typology of questions and weightage should be guided by the Standard Basic Template, as provided by CBSE (pls. refer to Basic Template for Setting Question Paper). As per this template, items no. 1, 2,3 & 5 may be considered feasible but the idea of HOTS is difficult to be applied because in Foreign Language Teaching at School level, the development of acquisition and reproduction skills are of primary importance and less of critical thinking and problem solving which are essential components of HOTS.
The weightage of HOTS may be distributed evenly into other categories.
Scheme of Section and Weightage to content:
|Section||Details of Topics/Sections||Type of Questions||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||(03 unseen short texts/ dialogues)|
A.1 Text 1
|A.2 Text 2||True/False||05||1×5=5|
|A.3 Text 3||SAQs||05||2×5=10|
|B.1–One compulsory writing composition from a choice of two based on visual/verbal stimulus. (approx. 200 words)||Short text||01||1×10=10|
|B.2 – Short writing/dialogue completion (max. 100 words)||Short text||01||1×5=5|
|Section C||C.1 – Conjugation of Regular & Irregular verbs in present & future tenses/crosswords to test the lexicon based on picture/description||Objective type question||01||1×5=5|
|C.2 – Match the column|
C.2.1 – Synonyms & Antonyms or definition
|Objective type question||01||1×5=5|
|C.2.2 – Relating pictures with idea/description||Objective type question||01||1×5=5|
|C.3 – Fill in the blanks|
C.3.1 – Complete the text with the appropriate form of the verb given in the bracket – 1 – 2×5=10
|C.3.2 – Complete the sentences with the correct option 1×10 =10||MCQ||01||1×5=5|
|Section D||D.1 Short answer questions on authors/works||SAQ||05||2×5=10|
Note: All questions and answers will be in the target language.
Download CBSE Syllabus of Class 10th
- CBSE Syllabus class-10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus class-10 Science
- CBSE Syllabus class-10 Social Science
- CBSE Syllabus class-10 English Communicative
- CBSE Syllabus for class-10 English Language and Lit
- CBSE Syllabus class-10 Hindi A
- CBSE Syllabus class-10 Hindi B
- CBSE Syllabus class-10 Sanskrit
- CBSE Syllabus class-10 Foundation of IT
- CBSE Syllabus class-10 Painting
- CBSE Syllabus class-10 French
- CBSE Syllabus class-10 Home science
- CBSE Syllabus class-10 Music