CBSE, NCERT, JEE Main, NEET-UG, NDA, Exam Papers, Question Bank, NCERT Solutions, Exemplars, Revision Notes, Free Videos, MCQ Tests & more.Install Now
CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus 2022-23 includes Management of Resources, Food and Personal Hygiene, Food Safety and Consumer Education etc for the session 2022 – 2023. Here is the detailed syllabus. To download class 10 Home Science CBSE latest sample question papers for the 2023 exams, please install the myCBSEguide App which is the best mobile app for CBSE students. The myCBSEguide app not only provides you the CBSE class 10 Home Science model question papers but it also provides class 10 Home Science chapter-wise test papers, class 10 Home Science best revision notes and other study material for class 10 Home Science students.
CBSE Class – 10
Home Science (Code No. 064)
Theory: 70 Marks
Practical: 30 Marks
Time: 3 Hrs.
|No.||Units||Marks||No. of Pd.|
|1||Human Growth & Development – II||12||20|
|2||Management of Resources||12||20|
|3||Food and Personal Hygiene||08||16|
|5||Food Safety and Consumer Education||12||20|
|6||Care and Maintenance of Fabrics and Apparel||13||20|
Unit I : Human growth &development II
- Play (birth-5 years), role of play in growth & development of children. Types of playactive, passive, natural, serious and exploratory, selection of play material for children.
- Childhood(3 to11 years)-Age specific milestones- Physical, motor, social, emotional, cognitive and language
- Adolescents: Special Features- Physical and biological, motor, social, emotional, Cognitive and language
Unit II : Management of Resources: Time, Energy and Money
- Time Management – Definition and Importance
- Time plans – Factors affecting time plan
- Energy Management: Definition and Importance
- Fatigue and work simplification
Unit III : Food and Personal Hygiene
- Principles of hygienic handling and serving of food
- Hygiene in kitchen
- Personal hygiene of food handler
- Hygiene during food storage
Unit IV : Meal Planning
- Concept of Meal Planning
- Factors affecting meal planning – age, sex, climate, occupation, cost of food items, number of family members, occasion, availability of food, family traditions, likes and dislikes
- Basic food groups given by ICMR
- Use of food groups in planning balanced meal for self and family.
Unit V : Food Safety and Consumer Education
- Problems faced by Consumer- Price variation, poor quality, Faulty weights and measures, Non-availability of goods, Misleading information, Lack of standardized products
- Food adulteration : Concept, adulterants(Metanil yellow, Argemone ,Kesari dal) and harmful effects of these adulterants on human health,
- Food Safety Standards-FSSAI (2006)
Unit VI : Care Maintenance of Fabrics and Apparel
- Cleaning and finishing agents used in routine care of clothes.
- Stain Removal
- Storage of cotton, silk, wool and synthetics
- Make a suitable play material for children between birth to 5 years (group activity)
- Plan a balanced meal for yourself.
- Make a time plan to self for one day.
- Write a report on any five malpractices you have observed in the market and write your responsibilities as a consumer in each context.
- Prepare a slogan/poster to create awareness on consumer education
- Remove stains from white cotton fabric: curry, grease, ball pen ink, lipstick, tea and coffee
- List five areas of agreement and disagreement each with parents, siblings and friends, and give your suggestion to improve the relationships.
SCHEME FOR PRACTICAL EXAMINATION M.M-30
|a)||Plan a balanced meal for yourself||5 Marks|
|b)||Prepare a time plan for self for one day||5 Marks|
|c)||Remove any two stain from white cotton sample- curry, grease, ball pen ink, lipstick, tea and coffee||5 Marks|
|II||Play Material||8 Marks|
|III||File Work||5 Marks|
QUESTION PAPER DESIGN
Time: 3 Hours
Max. Marks: 70
|S.No||Competencies||Total Marks||% Weightage|
|1.||Knowledge and understanding based questions terms, concepts, principles, or theories; Identify, define, or recite|
interpret, compare, contrast, explain, paraphrase information)
|2.||Application – or knowledge/concepts based questions|
(Use abstract information in concrete situation, to apply knowledge to new situations. Use given content to interpret a situation, provide an example, or solve a problem)
|3.||Formulation, analysis, Evaluation and creativity based question (Appraise, judge, and /or justify the value or worth of a decision or outcome, or to predict outcomes) Classify, compare, contrast, or differentiate between different pieces of integrate unique piece of information from a variety of sources)||21||30%|
NOTE: Internal Choice of 30% will be given