Biomechanics and Sports class 11 Notes Physical Education in PDF are available for free download in myCBSEguide mobile app. The best app for CBSE students now provides Biomechanics and Sports class 11 Notes Physical Education latest chapter wise notes for quick preparation of CBSE exams and school based annual examinations. Class 11 Physical Education notes on Chapter 8 Biomechanics and Sports class 11 Notes Physical Education are also available for download in CBSE Guide website.
Biomechanics and Sports class 11 Notes Physical Education
Download CBSE class 11th revision notes for Chapter 8 Biomechanics and Sports class 11 Notes Physical Education in PDF format for free. Download revision notes for Biomechanics and Sports class 11 Notes Physical Education and score high in exams. These are the Biomechanics and Sports class 11 Notes Physical Education prepared by team of expert teachers. The revision notes help you revise the whole chapter in minutes. Revising notes in exam days is on of the best tips recommended by teachers during exam days.
CBSE Class 11 Revision Notes Physical Education Biomechanics and Sports
BIOMECHANICS: Biomechanics is derived from Greek words, BIO + MECHANICS. Bio means living thing and mechanics is a field of physics. Thus, it is the branch of science which deals with the forces related to body movements.
Biomechanics is defined as systematic study of mechanics of body joints. According to Wikipedia, “Biomechanics is the study of the structure and function of biological system of humans.”
IMPORTANCE OF BIOMECHANICS IN SPORTS
- Improves performance in sports
- Improvement in technique
- Development of improved sports equipment
- Improve in training techniques
- Prevents sports injuries
- Helps in understanding human body
- Knowledge of safety principles
- Helps in research work
- Creates confidence in player
- Helps in maintaining healthy body
- Increases the popularity of sports
NEWTON’S LAW OF MOTION AND THEIR APPLICATION IN SPORTS
- FIRST LAW OF MOTION OR LAW OF INERTIA: According to first law of motion an object at rest will remain at rest or an object in motion will remain at motion at constant velocity unless acted upon by a force.
Example: A moving football slows down and then stops often sometime. It comes to rest due to the fraction between the ground and the ball.
- SECOND LAW OF MOTION (The Law of Acceleration): According to Newton’s second law of motion, the rate of change of momentum of a body is directly proportional to the impressed force and takes place in the direction of force.
Example: A cricket player while catching a ball moves his hands backward. Initially, the ball is moving with a certain velocity. The player has to apply a retarding force to bring the ballot rest in his hands.
- THIRD LAW OF MOTION: According to the Newton’s third law of motion, to every action, there is always an equal and opposite reaction.
Example: The swimmer pushes the water in the backward direction with a certain force. Water pushes the man forwards with an equal and opposite force.
LEVERS – IT’S TYPES AND ITS APPLICATION IN SPORTS
LEVER: Lever is a rigid bar which is capable of rotating about a fixed point called the fulcrum.
Example: see-saw, scissors, pulley etc. Skeletal system also acts like lever.
- CLASS I LEVER – A first class lever has the fulcrum located between the force and the resistance.
Example- See-saw, a pair of scissors, bicycle brake.
- CLASS II LEVER – A second class lever has the load or resistance located Between the fulcrum and the force.
Example- wheel barrow, punching machine, Straight pushups, calisthenics etc.
- CLASS III LEVER – A third class lever has the force located between the fulcrum and the resistance.
Example- baseball bat, Tennis racket, boat-paddles.
EQUILIBRIUM: DYNAMIC AND STATIC
EQUILIBRIUM: is defined as a state of balance or a stable situation, where opposite forces cancel each other out and where no changes are occurring.
TYPES OF EQUILIBRIUM
1. Dynamic equilibrium: dynamic stability is a balance of body during movement
2. Static equilibrium is the balance of the body during its rest or stationary position.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES TO DETERMINE DEGREE OF STABILITY
1. Broader the base, greater the stability.
2. Lower the Centre of gravity, higher the stability.
3. When the body is free in air, if the head and feet moves down then hip move up and vice versa.
4. Body weight is directly proportional to stability.
CENTRE OF GRAVITY AND ITS APPLICATION IN SPORTS
CENTRE OF GRAVITY: Centre of gravity is that point in a body or system around which its mass or weight is evenly distributed or balanced and through which the force of gravity acts. The Centre of gravity is fixed, provided the size and shape of the body do not change.
FORCE: Force can be defined as a push or pull by one body acting upon another. Force is a product of mass and acceleration of an object or person.
TYPES OF FORCE
1. Centripetal force
2. Centrifugal force
3. Gravitational force
4. Frictional force
5. Static force
IMPORTANCE AND APPLICATION OF FORCE IN SPORTS
1.Helps to move
2.Stops the moving object
3.Helps to accelerate
4. Helps in throwing object.
5. Helps to lift the object.
6.Helps to pull the object
CBSE Class 11 Revision Notes and Key Points
Biomechanics and Sports class 11 Notes Physical Education. CBSE quick revision note for class-11 Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and other subject are very helpful to revise the whole syllabus during exam days. The revision notes covers all important formulas and concepts given in the chapter. Even if you wish to have an overview of a chapter, quick revision notes are here to do if for you. These notes will certainly save your time during stressful exam days.
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
- Informatics Practices
To download Biomechanics and Sports class 11 Notes Physical Education, sample paper for class 11 Chemistry, Physics, Biology, History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business Studies, and Home Science; do check myCBSEguide app or website. myCBSEguide provides sample papers with solution, test papers for chapter-wise practice, NCERT solutions, NCERT Exemplar solutions, quick revision notes for ready reference, CBSE guess papers and CBSE important question papers. Sample Paper all are made available through the best app for CBSE students and myCBSEguide website.
- Doping class 11 Notes Physical Education
- Test and Measurement in Sports class 11 Notes Physical Education
- Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology class 11 Notes Physical Education
- Training in Sports class 11 Notes Physical Education
- Olympic Movement class 11 Notes Physical Education
Create question paper PDF and online tests with your own name & logo in minutes.Create Now
Question Bank, Mock Tests, Exam Papers, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers, NotesInstall Now