The new Open Book Exam will be taken alongwith March 2014 examination. CBSE has issued material for open-text-based assessment (OTBA) for classes 9th and 11th for March 2014 examination. Sample Questions are also given along with the text material. Download open text based assessment material using the link below :
The following may please be noted in this regard:
- The given Open text material is for use in Summative Assessment II of Class IX, and Annual Examination of Class XI, 2014.
- The Hindi versions of the open text material will also be uploaded very soon.
- Each text material includes sample questions.
The concerned teachers are expected to read, discuss and analyze them with regard to:
- their objectives and outcomes
- concepts involved and their application
- description, further explanation and further exploration of the case/ problem/ situation involved.
- higher order thinking skills involved, and
- analysis from different perspectives
They should assign this text material to their students in groups for further understanding, analysis and discussion. It is reiterated here that the main objective of introducing OTBA is to relieve the students from the burden of mugging up of content and provide opportunities in acquiring skills of information processing, comprehension, analysis and inference. The teachers should guide them, provide feedback and encourage open responses in solving situations. The Text also gives some questions as samples.
The teachers should develop more such questions which are based on the given text but require answers through application of concepts, further extrapolation, comparison and inference