PHYSICAL EDUCATION (Code No.048)
It covers the following:
I. Eligibility conditions for opting Physical Education as an elective subject II. Conditions for granting affiliation to the schools for offering Physical Education as an elective subject III. Theory syllabus for class XI (Part A & B) IV. Theory syllabus for class XII (Part A & B). V. Part C – Practical – Distribution of marks for the practical syllabus.
I. ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR OPTING PHYSICAL EDUCATION
The following category of students shall be permitted to opt the Physical Education:
- Those granted permission to join the course should be medically fit to follow the Physical Education curriculum, theory and practical, prescribed by the Board.
- Those who have represented the school in the Inter School Sports & Games Competitions in any Game/Sport.
- The student should undergo the prescribed physical fitness test and secure a minimum of 40% score.
II. CONDITIONS FOR GRANTING AFFILIATION TO SCHOOLS FOR OFFERING PHYSICAL EDUCATION AS AN ELECTIVE SUBJECT.
Only those schools satisfying the following conditions will be permitted to offer physical education as a course of study at +2 stage as an elective subject:
- The school should have adequate open space to accommodate at least 200 M track and play fields for minimum three games/sports.
- The teacher handling the elective programme of physical education should hold a Master Degree in Physical Education.
- The school should provide adequate funds for physical education and health education for purchase of equipments, books on physical education and also for the maintenance of sports facilities.