The Class-10 board result is on the way. Here is how you can apply for improvement of grades if got E1 or E2 in any one or more subjects. For class-10 students, improvement of grades means compartmental examination. This is for those who are unable to score D or above in five subjects.
- Even if a student does not obtain minimum D grade in all subject in main exam held in March, He/She shall be provisionally admitted to class-11 and his/her admission shall be treated as cancelled if she/he fails to obtain
minimum Grade D in the five subjects in July exam that year.
- A candidate who has appeared for the Secondary School Examination and obtained Grades E1 or E2 in any or all the five subjects(excluding the 6th additional subject) under Scholastic Area A, as per the Scheme of Studies,shall be eligible for improving her performance in any or all the five subjects and may reappear at the only chance of Improvement of Performance to be conducted by the Board/School by July, as per the option exercised for the main examination held in March the same year.
- If school conducted your March exam, they will conduct the improvement/compartment exam too; for others, board will conduct it.
- If student unable to score D or higher in all 5 subject in July exam, he/she have to appear in all 5 subjects next year in March.
UPGRADING OF PERFORMANCE RULES
- A candidate who has obtained minimum Grade D in the five subjects under Scholastic Area A and a Qualifying Certificate/Grade Sheet Cum Certificate of Performance at the Secondary School Examination may reappear at the examination for upgrading of performance in one or more subjects in the main examination in succeeding year only, provided she has not pursued higher studies in the mean time. She shall appear as a private candidate. Those reappearing in the whole examination may appear as regular candidates also. The candidates appearing for upgrading of performance in the examination can appear in the subject(s) in which they have appeared for the
- A candidate appearing for upgrading of performance shall appear in the syllabus prescribed for Summative Assessment II only for the year of examination.
- Candidates who appear for upgrading of performance shall be issued only Statement of Subject wise performance reflecting the grades obtained in the said examination.
- A candidate appearing for upgrading of performance in one or more subjects cannot appear for additional subject simultaneously.