Admission to CBSE Exam as Private Candidate from Delhi

Persons eligible to appear as ‘Private Candidate’ at Delhi Senior School Certificate (Class XII) Examination

1. A candidate who had failed at the Delhi Senior School “Certificate Examination of the Board will be eligible to reappear at a subsequent examination as a private candidate in the syllabus and text books as prescribed for the examination of the year in which he/she will reappear.

2. The following categories of candidates shall also be eligible to appear as private candidates at the Delhi Senior School Certificate Examination of the Board on the conditions laid down in these bye laws :

A. Teachers serving in educational institutions affiliated to the Board, who have already   passed Secondary or an equivalent examination at least two years before taking the Senior School Certificate Examination. Teacher candidates shall submit his application form along with a certificate by the Head of School in which they are serving duly countersigned by the Director of Education of the State/Union Territory concerned to the Regional Officer of the Board of the region in which the teacher is serving;

B. Women candidates who are bonafide residents of the National Capital Territory of Delhi and have passed the Delhi Secondary or an equivalent examination at least two years before appearing at the Senior School Certificate Examination subject to conditions mentioned in byelaw 17(iii); and

C. physically handicapped students having passed the Secondary  School Examination or its equivalent at least two years before appearing at the Senior School Certificate Examination on producing reasonable evidence of having deficiency to attend normal institutions for the purpose of studies.

3. Women/handicapped private candidates shall be required to satisfy the following additional conditions :

A. that they have privately pursued the prescribed course of studies under proper guidance; and

B. that they are unable to join a Senior Secondary School affiliated to the Board or there are such other reasons compelling them to appear at the examination as a private candidate.

Procedures for Submission of Applications of Private Candidates at All India/Delhi Senior School Certificate Examination (Class XII)

1.      A private candidate must submit to the Regional Officer to the Board within the prescribed limit an application in the form prescribed together with the prescribed fee for the examination (vide Annexure II) and three copies of passport size photographs duly signed by the candidate and countersigned in case of teacher by the authorities mentioned in byelaw 17(ii)(a) or byelaw 18(ii) and in case of others a member of the Governing Body of the Board or Head of a School affiliated to the Board.

2.      If the application of private candidate is received after the prescribed date, he shall pay late fee as prescribed.

3.      When a private candidate’s application for admission to the examination is rejected, the examination fee, including late fee, if any paid by him less Rs. 10/- or the amount as decided by Chairman from time to time will be refunded to him provided that in the case of candidates whose applications have been rejected on account of the candidate’s producing a false certificate or making a false statement in the application, the full amount of fee shall be forfeited.

4.      Private candidates shall not be allowed to offer for their examination, a subject (even if the subject is recognised for the examination) which is not being taught in an affiliated School.

5.      Private candidates shall not be allowed to offer such subjects for the examination which involve practical work except in the case of candidates who had failed earlier and who had put in a regular course of study at an institution affiliated to the Board in the previous academic year. However notwithstanding this condition, female candidates may offer Home Science with practical.

6.      Those regular candidates who have failed to obtain promotion to class xii of the school affiliated to the Board or any other recognised Board shall not be admitted to the Senior School Certificate Examination of the Board as private candidates.

7.      Every year, in the beginning of the session, the Heads of Schools shall send to the Regional Officer concerned, a list of female and handicapped students who have been detained in class xi containing student’s name, date of birth, the name of his father or guardian and the place of residence.

Persons eligible to appear as Private Candidate for Delhi Secondary School (Class X) Examination

The following categories of candidates shall be eligible to appear as private candidates at the Delhi Secondary School Examination of the Board in the Syllabus and Courses as prescribed of the examination concerned on the conditions as laid down in these byelaws.

1.      Candidates who had failed at the Delhi Secondary School Examination of the Board;

2.      Teachers serving in educational institutions affiliated to the Board;

3.      Women candidates who are bonafide residents of the National Capital Territory of Delhi; and satisfy the following additional conditions :

that they have privately pursued the prescribed course of study under proper guidance; and

that they are unable to join a Secondary School affiliated to the Board or there are such other reasons compelling them to appear at the examination as a private candidate.

A women student who has left an institution at a stage earlier than or in class IX, shall not be permitted to appear at the examination as a private candidate in a year earlier than in which she would have appeared, had she continued her studies in a recognised institution upto Secondary Examination.

4.      Physically handicapped students on producing reasonable evidence of having difficulty to attend normal institutions in the subjects not involving practical training/examination.

Procedure for Submission of Applications of Private Candidates at All India/Delhi Secondary School  (Class X) Examination

1.      The application forms for teachers shall be countersigned by the Director of Education of the State/U.T. concerned and those of others by a member of the Governing Body of the Board or by the Head of an institution affiliated to the Board.

2.      A Private candidate must submit within the prescribed date to the Regional Officer concerned., an application in the form prescribed together with the prescribed fee (Vide Annexure II) for the examination and three copies of the passport size photograph duly signed by the candidate and countersigned by one of the authorities mentioned at (i) above.

3.      If the application of a private candidate is received after the prescribed date, he shall pay late fee as prescribed.

4.      When a private candidate’s application for admission to the examination is rejected, the examination fee, including late fee, if any paid by him less Rs. 10/- or the amount as decided by the Chairman from time to time will be refunded to him provided that in the case of candidates whose applications have been rejected on account of the candidates’ producing a false certificate or making false statement in the application, the full amount of fees shall be forfeited.

5.      Those regular candidates who have failed to obtain promotion to class X of the school affiliated to the Board or any other recognised Board shall not be admitted to the Delhi Secondary School Examination of the Board as private candidates.

6.      Every year in the beginning of the session, the heads of Schools shall send to the Regional Officer, Delhi, a list of female and handicapped students who have been detained in class IX containing student\’s name, date of birth, name of his/her father of guardian and the place of residence.

7.      Women Private candidate under byelaw 20 shall not be allowed to offer Science with practical work, unless she has put in a regular course of study in an institution affiliated to the Board and produces a certificate to that effect to the satisfaction of the Board. However, notwithstanding this condition they can offer Home-Science with Practical without such a certificate.

8.      Private candidates shall not be allowed to offer for their examination a subject (even if the subject is recognised for the examination) which is not being taught in an affiliated institution.

95 Responses to “Admission to CBSE Exam as Private Candidate from Delhi”

1. sg ritwik says:

Sir,
    I have failed in my XII boards exam this year.I failed in three subjects. how can i reappear next year.Kindly suggest the right procedure so that i can follow the same.

2. PRERNA JHA says:

SIR, I WANTED TO KNOW THAT I HAVE CLEARED MY SECONDRY SCHOOL EXAMINATION FROM ALL INDIA SECONDRY SCHOOL EXAMINATION BOARD. MY SCHOOL WAS IN GAZIABAD IN THE YEAR OF 2009. I M THE RESIDENT OF DELHI. AM I ELIGIBLE TO FILL THE FORM FOR CLASS 12TH AS A PRIVATE CANDIDATE.

3. pratibha says:

i gave my 12th exam in year 2010.but unfortunately i failed in two subjects.now,i am appearing for private exam.could u plz tel me how to get the private forms in mumbai?our school is not providing it and i can’t travel till delhi.where else can i get it in mumbai?plz help me out

4. s.k.mishra says:

Dear Sir

for session 2009-2010 i had submitted form of class twelfth, as a regular student(PCB) from Delhi.i appeared in practical examination but because of severe health problem could not appear in Board’s written Exams.Can i fill the form for this current session 2010 – 2011 as a regular candidate from any school in India.

If i want to appear as a private candidate, please guide me from where & when i can get form and which documents has to be enclosed with it.

also provide other necessary information regarding Private candidate and procedure for practical examination in private exam.

5. satya dev says:

Sir,

My son was studying in class 12 th in the year 2010, but unfortunately he drop the exam due to his illness. now he take the admission in K V BUT DUE TO HIS ILLNESS HE IS ABSENT HIMSELF FROM SCHOOL AND SCHOOL REFUSE TO CONTINUE HIM DUE TO LONG TIME OF ABSENT . PSE TELL ME WHETHER CAN HE FILL THE PRIVATE FORM . HIS SUBJECTS ARE 1. ENGLISH 2. ACCOUNTANCY.3 BUSINESS STUDIES.4. ECONOMICS. 5. INFORMATICS PRACTICES.ALSO CONFIM THE CENTRE OF FORM AVAILABLE//

6. Alishakhan says:

Sir please tell me how my admission confirm ? For admission 2011 march X11. And sir kya online option hi admission confirm karne ka ..Sir i am submit my admission form in sydicate bank

7. sachin kumar says:

I want to know the last date of submission of the form for a private candidate from cbse……..help me………..

8. prashant says:

sir
        plz tell me the procedure to take admissiopn in class 12 for private exams cause i have failed in the previous exams and i want to continue it..
    in this yr. is this possible , means should i give exams in april 2011

9. najmul hoda says:

Sir,My daughter was studying in class 12 th in the year 2010, but unfortunately he drop the exam due to his illness. now he take the admission in K V BUT DUE TO HIS ILLNESS HE IS ABSENT HIMSELF FROM SCHOOL AND SCHOOL REFUSE TO CONTINUE HIM DUE TO LONG TIME OF ABSENT . PSE TELL ME WHETHER CAN HE FILL THE PRIVATE FORM . HIS SUBJECTS ARE 1. ENGLISH 2. ACCOUNTANCY.3 BUSINESS STUDIES.4. ECONOMICS. 5. INFORMATICS PRACTICES.ALSO CONFIM THE CENTRE OF FORM AVAILABLE//

10. Disha Kapoor says:

sir,
    i am student of class 12th having phy, chem, maths and comp.sci as my subjects. but i am not comfortable with them. i am giving my boards now. but i know that i won’t score good enough because of my preparation. i wanted to ask you can i reappear for 12th boards next year with arts as my stream?

11. gurjeet singh says:

sir. my self gurjeet singh last year i have given exame of class 10th
    but i got compariment in maths now i want to ask in class +2
    admi. is possible pleas………….
    sent me the ans. so i do my study continusle

12. gurjeet singh says:

but i got compariment in maths now i want to ask in class +2
    admi. is possible pleas………….
    sent me the ans. so i do my study continusle
    sgurjeet95@yahoo.com

13. SHAHID ULLAH KHAN says:

i m passed 12th class but i wanna do again 12th with science stream with bio……… so what should i do…………..plzzzz tell me…!

14. Akash gautam says:

i want 2 take addmission in cbse as private candidate.i hav given the cbse delhi class Xth i have no 9th class ragistration but i want take addmission Xth class please help me i wait your answar please………………..

15. adwitiya singh says:

respected sir, i give regular exam of senior secondary 12th in yr 2009 with science stream but failed to pass out , then i give as private candidate in 2010 but this time also i am failled to pass out due to some tragedy in my family so i give exam in present year as private but i think my preparations are low.so it is possible to give exam in 2012 if i fail or have compt from same stream as private candidate full subjects . or is there a limit for passing 12th or what about practical marks of annual year are they reattained. please reply

16. Sir i failed in 11th this year should i do 12th private from where i should do private.

17. i am commerce student and i want 2 take addmission in cbse as private candidate.i hav given the cbse delhi boards examination nd the result r out i hav been marked fail.i m failing in 3 subjects.nw i wnt 2 join private cbse candidate.so can u plz provide m sufficient instructions for ths…..as soon as u can plz………..

18. Puneet Rai says:

sir, I have taken PCM in my +2 exam of CBSE but i am fail in it and i want to reappear in my CBSE exam so kindly tell me the whole procedure on it.

Thanks Puneet Rai (09555761348)………………………………………!!!!!!

19. Shubham verma says:

I want to appear as private candidate for 12th exam2012 because i failed in 12th class 2011 please help me. And how will i am register for the exam…

20. Naritpal singh says:

R/s sirI ve been failed in class 12th ..Now I want to appear as private candidate…Plz tell me the procedure to apply nd wat abt the practical marks??

21. Akshay says:

sir i am doing 10th in cbse delhi dav public school 37sector faridabad i wanted to take admisson

22. sheetal kumari says:

23. prince mishra says:

sir,,,,,,i fail in 12 class of session of 2010-11,,,,,,so i want to do a private 12,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now u tell me the procedure of filling the form of 12 private,, pls tell me i really dissapointed,,,

24. i am sicence student and i want 2 take addmission in cbse as private candidate.i hav given the cbse delhi boards examination nd the result r out i hav been marked fail.i m failing in 2 subjects.nw i wnt 2 join private cbse candidate.so can u plz provide m sufficient instructions for this…..

25. vivek choudhary says:

R/s sir i was failed in 12th class in 2010 and now i want to do it again by private way.please tell me when the forms are out and the last date of forms fill up…….

thanks
    vivek choudhary…

26. sandeep says:

27. sandeep says:

Sir, I failed in 11th this year should i do 12th private from where i should do private 9136737637

28. HEM HARSHIKA says:

hello sir ……..
    i passed out class 12 in year 2011 throught private exam of cbse …i m science stream last yr i was failed in exam…… nw i m in medical collg and i doing b.sc (h)nursing in ram mahor lohia hosp ….those who read this note i give u advice plz be hopeful in your life and do hardwork ,nothing is impossible really thats true ….GOD BLESS U

29. Kashif Khan says:

Dear Sir,

I Failed my 12th AISSCE Exams 2011 from Karl Huber School,Noida and i want to take admission in CBSE Private.. i have some doubts.. as i mention below…

**what can i do? reappear with my school or as a Private Candidate?

**i wanna ask.. is there any harm to my future as i give private exams?

**is private exams are more tough then AISSCE exams?

**what is the Value of Private Candidates?

**private candidates can give IIT-JEE,AIEEE,UPTECH exams?

**private candidates can join regular colleges?

Sir,pls answer my questions as soon as possible!!! PLEASE :’(

30. Shipra gaggar says:

I want to take admission in 12th as an private student for clearing 12th maths only for my higher studies….I cleared my 12th in 2009-2010…please tell me the procedure to apply….and last date of subbmission…..please help me as early as posible……

31. Bhupinder Singh says:

sir, i have faild this year class 12th. i  failed in three subjects. I want to appear as private candidate for 12th exam2012

32. madhur says:

Dear Sir,

i have passed my 10th in 2005 and got 58% marks as i was suffering from jaundice at that time and not able to get good marks. But now i am going btech. Kindly tell me the procedure if i can give the improvement examination or some other way to increase my percentage,,,,,plz help me sir as early as possible,,,

33. Amit Kumar says:

I AMIT KUMAR . I Failed in class 12th this year. But now i submitted the ALL INDIA SENIOR SECONDARY EDUCATION , PRIVATE FORM with ART’s Stream in syndicate bank.
    Now how should i now about comfirmation of my form. Please tell me.

34. Maine 2008 me class 10th aur 2009 me 11th class pass ki thi ,but because of some family problems i could not give class 12th exam in next years,can i do private 12th in the year 2012-2013,please inform me,my no. is 09755444746.

35. Anarul says:

i got compartment in 12 and need to rejoin school can u just tell me where i can complete my 12 coz i went to nios and they said the admission for this year is over u can sit in the exam for october can u suggest me a better way to complete my education

36. Ruchika says:

Respected,
    Sir i want to just ask you that i have passed 10th in 2006 but after that i had to left my study due to some financial and family problem now i want to do 12th from CBSE as a private candidate plz guide me What should i do. Rightnow , i am pursuing diploma in fashion designing ritenow but for my degree i have to have 12th ceritificate . I will be very thankful to you.Thank,s & RegardRuchika

37. Archna says:

Dear Sir/Ma’am
    I’d request the procedure for doing 12th as a private candidate. Also if there is any age limit for my father who’s retired as a Group B Officer from MHA, New Delhi.
    He’s a very knowledgeable person and want to complete his studies now at an age of 65+ yrs.
    Kindly mark it urgent.
    In anticipation of an early reply.
    Thanks & best Regards.
    Archna.
    New Delhi.

38. Geeta says:

Respectedsir,

i want to just ask that i have failed in 12th cbse exams in 2 subject physics & chemistry .but now i wanted to give cbse exam as a private candidate . so please guide me when the form will be filled ,last date of form &from where i get the form .when the exam will held for this so that i can save my this year.i will be very thankfull of you.

39. Hebcin says:

sir iam from jodhpur ,rajasthan and i fail 11th class and i want to give 12arts cbse private is this posible and when private form are available in jodhpur and which place

40. Neha says:

sir,
    I want to give class 10 exam in 2013 from delhi as a private student could you please tell me that any certificate or affidavit need for filling the form.plz reply me soon.my email id is nehaafreen.rg@gmail.com

41. NITESH GUPTA says:

Respected,Sir i want to just ask you that i want to admisions in class 10th

42. udaysingh says:

Respected,Sir i want to just ask you that i want to admisions in class 10th for private iam 7th pass so i will do direct 10th private exam so please advice what we can do
    thanks regard
    udaysinghchouhan
    jaipur

43. Anushqwerty says:

please help me to know from where do i get the forms for 12cbse as private candidate .when is the last date for filling up the forms

44. uday says:

i have failed in 12th. i live in noida u.p so which private candidate form should i fill for 2013.aissce delhi or allahabad plz tell me help me out

45. tsewang says: